This seem like about average decent LP tone to me

• Thread starter Thread starter VonBonfire
  • Start date Start date
Fuck that guy that’s got more experience and working knowledge of guitars, music and the music business than anyone else on this forum combined. What a loser, thinking his LP is special. It’s not even a real Gibson. You know he’s just going to use it to make more videos imparting his information out for free, using all these awesome guitar tones through amps people would love to own, what a clown.
C'mon bro, it's not like he's ultimately doing it for "The guitar community." He's getting ad revenue and self-promotion. He rubs me the wrong way. But shit, I guess he's doing something right to be in a position to buy a guitar like that in the first place. And clearly he's a talented player.

edit: he did buy it right? :unsure: 🤣

Last edited:
C'mon bro, it's not like he's ultimately doing it for "The guitar community." He's getting ad revenue and self-promotion. He rubs me the wrong way. But shit, I guess he's doing something right to be in a position to buy a guitar like that in the first place. And clearly he's a talented player.

When you're as famous as he is.. they give you these things.

I’d be extremely surprised if he’s making 1/4 off YouTube over what he has playing on every major album in the last 40 years.

But he sure blows some smoke about it. I made it to 1:35 when he said you can hear the individual bells. Hey bro, put the crack down thats the sound of a ringing guitar string. I tried to watch more, nope. Guys a good player and all but I think I was watching a vid of him and that Rhett Shill guy a couple months back supposedly picking out Shills best LP ever blah blah. It's a solid body mass production instrument. There are like 10,000 LP's and copies for sale on Reverb at any time. You got a nice guitar, not excalibur man. It didn't strike me as any more amazing than a number of great LPs I've heard before. Seems like a Heritage "not a sales job" sales job "oh they spent a year building it". I guess they carved it with a pocket knife. Weight relieved. Yuck. Slim taper. Yuck. Maybe I'm just being a negative jerk, that is entirely possible, but I can't breath listening to all the smoke blowing. What's next haunting mids? It's not bad just not as great as he is suggesting. Feel free to criticize my take.

Didn’t you just buy a Les Paul?

Those types of tones are pretty hard to get ime. High gain and clean tones are easy to get with anything. That mid gain “crunch” really shows the quality of the amp /guitar combo and can be hard to capture. He has a great recording rig and knows how to use it.

Both those guitars sounded pretty great to me for what he goes for.

guys have never shilled for gear before youtube, we all know guys only used the gear they say they do, like this guy :LOL:

d6e0cf1bef012932fcf06a3fd2b13d02.jpg

701c50509772142bd2079fea3b6fd80a.jpg

Tony-Iommi-Black-Sabbath-Heaven-Hell-2000.webp

guys have never shilled for gear before youtube, we all know guys only used the gear they say they do, like this guy :LOL:

d6e0cf1bef012932fcf06a3fd2b13d02.jpg

701c50509772142bd2079fea3b6fd80a.jpg

Tony-Iommi-Black-Sabbath-Heaven-Hell-2000.webp
Iommi is god... er satan... and he can do whatever he wants.

Wonder if he got paid for those new balance sneaks too :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

this is how i picture guys like VonBon and the rest of the youtube haters here reacting when they put on a popular youtube guitarist. i could see that confused look of anger followed by a fit of rage :mad: "fuck this dude and his clickbait average sounding les paul!! these money making sons of bitches!!" they yell as they stomp around inconsolable and breaking things

Trust me, it’s not what i want and it really bums me out, but the only way I can describe mine is clunky and slow. I know it’s a 96 standard, I’m not sure what the neck profile is but it doesn’t fit my hand at all. I also get this weird string noise while playing I can’t explain and never experienced with any other guitar before, me and the thing just don’t get along
Looking forward to the classified…

“The time has come to let my #1 baby go to a new loving home.
Rare limited finish run from 1996 (1 of 12,000).
Chunky and slow licks just pour from it’s unique neck shape, that will fit YOUR hand like a glove.
Mounting medical bills from a DJ‘ing head bobbing injury force me to part ways with her. Seems weight relief isn’t in Head gear, as well as this prime Mahogany 2 piece.
No trades……except maybe for a Charvel USA”

Last edited:

Back