This seem like about average decent LP tone to me

• Thread starter Thread starter VonBonfire
  • Start date Start date
The cleaning up playing hard vs playing soft thing... man...

I've NEVER had a pickup that didn't do that. It's not like some pickups all of a sudden turn your guitar into a synth. I think that's ridiculous.

Looking forward to the classified…

“The time has come to let my #1 baby go to a new loving home.
Rare limited finish run from 1996 (1 of 12,000).
Chunky and slow licks just pour from it’s unique neck shape, that will fit YOUR hand like a glove.
Mounting medical bills from a DJ‘ing head bobbing injury force me to part ways with her. Seems weight relief isn’t in Head gear, as well as this prime Mahogany 2 piece.
No trades……except maybe for a Charvel USA”

wait until i launch my youtube channel everyones gonna hate, the descriptions along with the shitty smile im gonna do them with are gonna have people smashing their screens like the ealges fan. cant wait to make money off it as well, gonna be rich!!

"fuck this dude and his clickbait average sounding les paul" damn straight 🤣🤣🤣

Y'all be like

View attachment 271395
Apparently the TGP mindset has infected rig talk and some members resent me not giving a petroleum jelly covered glad hand to influencer guitarists.

I'm happy for him I just wasn't all that impressed with "The BEST sounding Les Paul I ever heard". Then there is his video from a year ago titled "The BEST Les Paul I ever played" with the thumbnail "I found The ONE". Yeah, dude is full of shit. Not only a recording artist but a bullshit artist as well.

I dont care what the guitar sounds like but Tim has done more recordings that most of this forum put together... LOL When you have someone, even guys on this forum, who have played a zillion guitars and amps, effects..etc. and can pick up something that blows them away and inspires them to play I'm jealous!! Those are the best days and dont happen as much as they used to.

The cleaning up playing hard vs playing soft thing... man...

I've NEVER had a pickup that didn't do that. It's not like some pickups all of a sudden turn your guitar into a synth. I think that's ridiculous.
I dunno, some pickups are definitely easier to get that with than others. My AHB-2 won't clean up for anything.

Sometimes I forget there are people that never grow out of that “everything is stupid and sucks” phase most people get over around 15 or 16. :LOL:
Except I never said he was stupid or sucks. I said he's a bullshit artist. Sometimes I forget there are people who can't read.

I dunno, some pickups are definitely easier to get that with than others. My AHB-2 won't clean up for anything.
Yeah, maybe that. But you're goint to an extreme. Because that actually introduces another gain stage since it's so hot, I bet the preamp is clipping like crazy inside.

Other than that, say, a Duncan Distortion. Pretty hot pickup, right? Just play soft and lower the gain on the amp compared to a PAF-type. Boom. Cleans up like 95-99% the same.

But he sure blows some smoke about it. I made it to 1:35 when he said you can hear the individual bells. Hey bro, put the crack down thats the sound of a ringing guitar string. I tried to watch more, nope. Guys a good player and all but I think I was watching a vid of him and that Rhett Shill guy a couple months back supposedly picking out Shills best LP ever blah blah. It's a solid body mass production instrument. There are like 10,000 LP's and copies for sale on Reverb at any time. You got a nice guitar, not excalibur man. It didn't strike me as any more amazing than a number of great LPs I've heard before. Seems like a Heritage "not a sales job" sales job "oh they spent a year building it". I guess they carved it with a pocket knife. Weight relieved. Yuck. Slim taper. Yuck. Maybe I'm just being a negative jerk, that is entirely possible, but I can't breath listening to all the smoke blowing. What's next haunting mids? It's not bad just not as great as he is suggesting. Feel free to criticize my take.

Yeah - he's annoying. I got to 1:45.

I liked his vid on playing in the Grammy’s band. What a steamroller of a gig. Learning all those cues, having sounds ready to go. You’re a respected heavy hitter to get that gig. I don’t mind him. He rarely has content that grabs my attention but he’s a great player and seems like a chill, decent guy. I don’t seem to mind a music store salesperson recommending a pedal when It’s also how they make money, so not sure what the difference is between that and the current guitar YouTube reviewer/market. Bottom line is, they’re still making a living by firing up a guitar. Lot better than I ever accomplished in pursuing, my “craft”….lol

Apparently the TGP mindset has infected rig talk and some members resent me not giving a petroleum jelly covered glad hand to influencer guitarists.

I'm happy for him I just wasn't all that impressed with "The BEST sounding Les Paul I ever heard". Then there is his video from a year ago titled "The BEST Les Paul I ever played" with the thumbnail "I found The ONE". Yeah, dude is full of shit. Not only a recording artist but a bullshit artist as well.

This was a cool clip to have in the background while I thought up my epic takedown of nothing in particular….😉

Yeah, maybe that. But you're goint to an extreme. Because that actually introduces another gain stage since it's so hot, I bet the preamp is clipping like crazy inside.

Other than that, say, a Duncan Distortion. Pretty hot pickup, right? Just play soft and lower the gain on the amp compared to a PAF-type. Boom. Cleans up like 95-99% the same.
True that. A Distortion neck cleans up absolutely beautifully. So does the APH-1 I have in the neck of my Epi Custom. In fact I find higher output pickups actually clean up a little nicer (within reason), they get clean without sounding weak like vintage-output hums can.

Except I never said he was stupid or sucks. I said he's a bullshit artist. Sometimes I forget there are people who can't read.

And what’s the end result of a “bullshit artist” putting out content; do you feel that content is worthy….or does it….suck?

Honestly, I enjoyed that video of an old coot digging his new guitar more than I enjoyed the new Metallica. 19 year old me in 1984 would NEVER have believed that would ever happen. I've had several custom ordered guitars built for me to my specs. I was blown away by every one of them...that was built exactly as I ordered them anyway. And I still have them all.

I understand the hate, tho. Listening to someone wax poetic about a guitar is only interesting to those who like/admire/follow the person doing the review, and even then it becomes tedious when they bloviate with ridiculous descriptions of the nuances of tone and colors of the mids and such.

But in all honesty, I like seeing someone really excited about a new piece of gear or kit. When jackbootedthug sends me pics of his rifles, it's kinda like I can hear the pride in his voice. When techdeth sends me pics of his amps and descriptions of each one, it makes me smile. Watching the tonenerd master start winding pickups and everyone digging on them warms my cold dead heart.

Back