ToneX

• Thread starter Thread starter 311splawndude
  • Start date Start date
311splawndude
311splawndude
Just ran across this vid. Never seen the guy/channel/product before. From IK Multimedia

Anyone have any experience?

I have been very impressed with ToneX, and I am super picky. It has great feel and responsive feel.

I have been very impressed with ToneX, and I am super picky. It has great feel and responsive feel.
So not only does it have great feel but it has responsive feel too?

:lol: j/k bro

So you own and recommend? My tinnitus is not getting any better.

Greg is a great as are his bands Omega Diatribe and Vented.

Tonex is damn amazing also. There is a bit of learning curve with the software and input level but once those are figured out it is capable of the best tones out there.

So not only does it have great feel but it has responsive feel too?

:lol: j/k bro

So you own and recommend? My tinnitus is not getting any better.
I would say great feel is dynamic, and responsive feel is snappy, immediate feel. You can really feel the lag in some modelers.

Yeah. I have the ToneX and Amplitube software. I don't have the pedals yet.

The system basically takes captures of a tone, like how Kemper does. The results are very good, but you have to find captures you like.

I was also gonna say you can try the ToneX software for free. They have a free version thar limits you to 20 ToneNet downloads.

I'm loving Tonex. Someone uploaded some mystery amp a couple nights ago and i think it's gonna be a staple in my recording setup.

OK. Thanks man!
Now that I am not on a phone... lol

Yeah, I like it far more than I expected to. I just thought I would give the free version a whirl, and that would be that. I have never been a huge fan of playing direct into the computer. I generally use my Fractal stuff. The ToneX stuff really surprised me though. I ended up buying their Total Studio MAX software within a week because it was on sale and a great deal. You get ToneX MAX, Amplitube 5 MAX, and tons of synths, samplers, and mastering effects and such for the same price as the normal ToneX.

ToneX is like a capture player like I mentioned. The tones rival any other digital thing I have tried. The Amplitube 5 software is cool for a full 'processor' program where you can build the effects chain with effects, boost, etc.... You can use ToneX inside of Amplitube in place of the amp and cab models.

I originally thought I might get the pedal to try to capture my amps, but so far I have been having fun just playing it through the computer. Nowhere near as tweakable as my Fractal, but there is something about the feel I really like that is closer to my tube stuff. It has a more immediate snappy attack to it.

It sounds great but the plugin sucks so fucking much. Every plugin or software this company makes is a complete turd.

Now that I am not on a phone... lol

Yeah, I like it far more than I expected to. I just thought I would give the free version a whirl, and that would be that. I have never been a huge fan of playing direct into the computer. I generally use my Fractal stuff. The ToneX stuff really surprised me though. I ended up buying their Total Studio MAX software within a week because it was on sale and a great deal. You get ToneX MAX, Amplitube 5 MAX, and tons of synths, samplers, and mastering effects and such for the same price as the normal ToneX.

ToneX is like a capture player like I mentioned. The tones rival any other digital thing I have tried. The Amplitube 5 software is cool for a full 'processor' program where you can build the effects chain with effects, boost, etc.... You can use ToneX inside of Amplitube in place of the amp and cab models.

I originally thought I might get the pedal to try to capture my amps, but so far I have been having fun just playing it through the computer. Nowhere near as tweakable as my Fractal, but there is something about the feel I really like that is closer to my tube stuff. It has a more immediate snappy attack to it.
Thanks for the detail. I will have to look up the minimum specs as I just bought my current HP about a year ago. Not sure I want to go down the Kemper rabbit hole but I need to do something. @VonBonfire needs no reply :D

Thanks for the detail. I will have to look up the minimum specs as I just bought my current HP about a year ago. Not sure I want to go down the Kemper rabbit hole but I need to do something. @VonBonfire needs no reply :D
I am using a cheapo 8 year old i3 laptop, lol. I mostly just use it for my guitar processor editors.

This is actually pushing me to looking into a new desktop. I have music software scattered on different laptops, but this me thinking about buying something new to combine it all.

^ I'm done with Desktops. Glad to know I probably won't need to upgrade :lol:

I love my HP Pavilion 2-1 (use as a tablet too, although heavy for a tablet). Touch screen, back lit keyboard, 2 Tb SST drive.

These specs are pretty weak in comparison to what's out now.

Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB (31.6 GB usable)
Product ID 00325-82157-09880-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch Pen and touch support with 10 touch points

PS: Thanks again

Digital doesn't wash out with soap brother, lol. But @Dan Gleesak is always using his Kemper and seems to really like it. He has posted some nice stuff. I actually think there are only a few dudes here who are recording with real speakers anymore tbh so we'll talk more about that later.:LOL:

I like the idea of tonex, especially how cheap the tonex one is, as i would be interested in capturing my amps, but each time I start looking into how to do a capture what hardware I need, could I do it with what I have, etc. I start losing interest.

The new nano cortex looks neat to me as it appears to be all in one and doesn’t need any additional hardware to capture an amp.

Digital doesn't wash out with soap brother, lol. But @Dan Gleesak is always using his Kemper and seems to really like it. He has posted some nice stuff. I actually think there are only a few dudes here who are recording with real speakers anymore tbh so we'll talk more about that later.:LOL:

I’m still loving the Kemper. I think it’s the perfect happy medium for digital stuff. It’s versatile but has way less menu diving than an axe fx. It’s a bit more expensive than a Tonex but the Kemper catalogue of profiles is just massive and at this point is time tested.
I only use it for recording, but it’s a perfect tool for that imo

Greg is a great as are his bands Omega Diatribe and Vented.

Tonex is damn amazing also. There is a bit of learning curve with the software and input level but once those are figured out it is capable of the best tones out there.
Key word here is capable.

@311 I just bought Tonex Max....it's on sale for $99 till end of the month at sweetwater.

It's definitely a badass program dude. It made my recording sound a little better. It's fun and there's tons of amps to mess with.

However, you're not going to sound like any of these youtube recordings whatsoever out of the box. Not a single one of the amps there has this magical professional produced sound, you have to do some mixing or processing or whatever. Not to mention the bass tone and drum sound being just as important as the guitars for the overall sound.

Personally I would recommend tonex at the sale price. It's definitely better than the cheap vst I was using but idk that I'd pay full price.

I’m still loving the Kemper. I think it’s the perfect happy medium for digital stuff. It’s versatile but has way less menu diving than an axe fx. It’s a bit more expensive than a Tonex but the Kemper catalogue of profiles is just massive and at this point is time tested.
I only use it for recording, but it’s a perfect tool for that imo

Most people can't tell the difference between my kemper recordings and real speaker recordings - there's so many profiles at this point basically anyone can find something that works for them.

Back