ToneX

• Thread starter Thread starter 311splawndude
  • Start date Start date
ToneX is only a capture player. That is all it does. You can load a capture of a pedal, or an amp, but not both.

Amplitube is a full guitar 'processor', so you can build a chain of boosts, effects, delay, cab, reverb, etc... in this software.

ToneX and Amplitube are technically 2 different products, but you can use them together.

That was my understanding. Looking forward to my new rabbit hole. Doesn't mean I'm getting rid of my tube amps but the tinnitus is real. Could also be a solution for my Amp at the Cabin problem. One of you mentioned before and I have to do more research but what type of monitors should I be looking at? Medium price range? I don't need studio quality but don't want cheap shit either. Is the IK Media stuff worth it?

Would like to mention, my captures are made for most interface input dial set to minimum.

If this doesn't work for your interface raise the input gain in the Tonex app.

This is very important.

12 of the 36 have no cabinet.

Be sure to try them free in the Partner section of the app. I am all in with having the try before you buy ability by selling through IK's app.

For anyone that isn't use to the software, click ToneNET on the top right to get connected to the cloud then click on collections that is next to it. Then finally you will see Partners on the left where you can try all of the captures.
I'm definitely going to check that out later. I saw the partners section previously but I didn't know anybody from rig talk was on there.

I was actually looking to see if Keith merrow or Ola had something on there.

I figured the partner section would be the place to get the best captures versus searching endlessly through the uploads from any random person that may have not done it correctly

That was my understanding. Looking forward to my new rabbit hole. Doesn't mean I'm getting rid of my tube amps but the tinnitus is real. Could also be a solution for my Amp at the Cabin problem. One of you mentioned before and I have to do more research but what type of monitors should I be looking at? Medium price range? I don't need studio quality but don't want cheap shit either. Is the IK Media stuff worth it?
I can't help with monitor suggestions man but from the little I do know, if I had the extra $$$$ I would be looking at FRFR monitors for that application.

12 of the 36 have no cabinet.

Be sure to try them free in the Partner section of the app. I am all in with having the try before you buy ability by selling through IK's app.

For anyone that isn't use to the software, click ToneNET on the top right to get connected to the cloud then click on collections that is next to it. Then finally you will see Partners on the left where you can try all of the captures.
What is your name on there? Don't see dead pan

I'm definitely going to check that out later. I saw the partners section previously but I didn't know anybody from rig talk was on there.

I was actually looking to see if Keith merrow or Ola had something on there.

I figured the partner section would be the place to get the best captures versus searching endlessly through the uploads from any random person that may have not done it correctly
Note the input gain issue. My captures are made for 12dbu of input gain.

This equals most interfaces gain set all the way down.

The Tonex One come with the internal trim set to +7.5, this clips with most any humbucker guitar easily. For the One and probably the regular Tonex pedal, the ideal input trim would be set to -2.5 for my captures.

If you are using another interface with the app, turn the gain to 0 and raise a tiny amount. Personally, I leave it all the way down and adjust the input trim in the app to get to 12dbu based on my interfaces specs.

I do this as many of my guitars can clip the interface input with the gain all the way down.

Last year I got PolyChromeDSP - McRoklin suite on sale when it was released; it was so good that I built a computer rig around it / for it, and some of my other plugins, but the majority of my patches are PolyChrome DSP...there have been a few updates since launch, that keep making it better.

I'm on my second, even more portable computer plugin rig (see more here: https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/threads/computer-rig-2.316425/ )

McRocklin using PolyChromeDSP:

Another guitar plugin I think is worth a try is Blue Cat Audio's Axiom V2. Free demo version is available.

You can use the simple interface to create complete rigs and everything is controllable by MIDI, or go deep if you want to shape the tone of your preamp, amp, and cab. It also includes a catalog of stompbox and studio effects. Best of all it's also a plugin host, so if you have other plugins you can use them inside of Axiom, including other effects, amp, cab, IRs, etc.

nice to see that kid turned out ok. great tone! wouldn’t mind sampling the mini pedal but unless the thing brushed my teeth and patted my back to sleep i think i need to pass on a new techno deep dive.

i remember seeing TM rockin out on zakk wylde’s shoulders at a club during the first jason becker benefit concert in socal. somebody stole zw’s wah pedal off the stage and he had the venue keep everyone from leaving until they caught the perp, which they did.
george lynch sat down next to me at the bar and asked me for a cig. sorry geo no habla tobaccky.

man when jb’s family helped him down the stairs that night to leave the event it was heartbreaking. i had seen him just a few years prior with marty/cacophany do a clinic and gig and he was incredible. cool, funny, cocky and full of life and potential.
at the benefit was still able to walk with assistance but his legs were very weak and slightly bowing backwards at the knees. he still managed to personally and sincerely thank those around him with a huge smile as he left.

Reactions: rsm
Pre-ordered one of these for one of the worship leaders at church :)

KRK Rockit? I've had a pair of these for probably near a decade?! KRK Rokit 5 G3; got them new but cheap on clearance, because they're a hideous babyshit gold color, and the new versions G4 were out IIRC.

Back