Uh Oh another Deraps thread...

• Thread starter Thread starter Kapo_Polenton
  • Start date Start date
Kapo_Polenton
Kapo_Polenton
I know I know, he's a wicked player but he may or may not have it down, he may or may not be better than Al, he might or might not write music that sound exactly like VH1 and 2 BUT no question he is a fantastic player. Regardless of whether or not you feel he plays every song like it is I'm the One or Bottom's Up, I feel he sort of has a Jason Becker swing going on and that straight up Marshall (Germino) on 10 makes him dig in and work for those notes. Playing to 10 people or a thousand, he's always giving a 100% and I am impressed with the showmanship. But I really dug this cover. Lots of people do it but I like the energy here.

Indeed, good call brother.

The echo on his vocals is critical in creating that '70s classic-hard-rock vibe I recon, BTW.

No doubt about it that hes a killer player. As far as.being as close to the man himself l, I'd even say that the kid from England, Cameron Cooper, nails Ed's feel as best as anyone, including Al. Just my opinion.

I'm less of a Cameron Cooper fan myself. He's sort of a mashup of licks. Good player but nothing special to me. But what does that matter anyway? These guys are good players, making a living more or less doing what they love and entertaining people. I'd rather do that than work my day job.

Deraps is awesome. Tight band too. I have nothing but respect for those guys. They give 100% and mean to entertain the crowd. Great job. 👍

Machinehead is great album

deep purple machinehead smaller.jpg

Dug up my own thread for this one because I've watched a few recent clips. I know this kid catches flack here but man he can play. Great feel and vibrato. Great phrasing. His solo stuff seems to be getting better as well. That Germino sounds great too. I like that he plays with minimal juice between the guitar and amp.

hes a good player, its just a very familiar sound thats tough for me to get really excited for anymore

I love that guy - he gets a great sound and attack from that Germino and his hands of course. I listened to his new record and I liked most of it. He does the early EVH deal better than most tonally and feel wise. I would go see him if he came through my town.

I love that guy - he gets a great sound and attack from that Germino and his hands of course. I listened to his new record and I liked most of it. He does the early EVH deal better than most tonally and feel wise. I would go see him if he came through my town.

exactly, how much of that is the amp and how much of it are his hands. He makes that amp sound incredible and super aggressive. I'd go check him out live too. Quebec is a couple hours from me, I should see if he ever plays dives closer to me.

He plays well and his amp sounds good. But, I’m tired of cover songs. I’m ready to see the next young rock and roll band or dude come along playing killer original tunes.

I want to see someone blow the roof off and break through all this garbage that’s popular right now. For god sakes, Taylor Swift has all too 10 songs in top 10!

Too bad he didn't grow up in the 80's he probably would have made it. He tries too hard though imo.

He plays well and his amp sounds good. But, I’m tired of cover songs. I’m ready to see the next young rock and roll band or dude come along playing killer original tunes.

I want to see someone blow the roof off and break through all this garbage that’s popular right now. For god sakes, Taylor Swift has all too 10 songs in top 10!

the couple original songs i listened to are better than the covers.

the couple original songs i listened to are better than the covers.
I was going to say, his original stuff is getting better. It's solid even compared to the shit major bands are releasing. Certainly no worse. He's not 65 so his vocals sound young and fresh at least. That snare is so Alex Van Halen as well lol. I like that nod. Witty lyrics too, "veins of my heart", classic.

Sort of a Extreme Teacher's Pet rythm here with some of it's own twists and turns. A fun listen with killer playing of course.

Chops for days plus vocals. 100% would go see him.

Back