Vinnie Vincent First Appearance In 25 years

• Thread starter Thread starter Metlupass2
  • Start date Start date
I heard about this awhile ago but wasn’t sure if he was going To show. Wow

wow, had no idea there was an Atlanta Kiss Expo 2018 until I started watching and saw the banner behind them. Not a big Kiss fan, but looks like a cool event with Ron Keel playing live. I used to love Keel in the late 80's.

stratjacket":1u9cznvk said:
wow, had no idea there was an Atlanta Kiss Expo 2018 until I started watching and saw the banner behind them. Not a big Kiss fan, but looks like a cool event with Ron Keel playing live. I used to love Keel in the late 80's.

I went to the expo when it was in Jersey maybe 15 years ago. It was pretty cool back then. I'm sure it's better now. I saw Keel a few years ago in Atlantic City. They were still pretty dam good!

I always thought his double V guitar looked cool but he had such garbage tone.

Wow, dude was so nice.....not a bad word said about anybody, he was just thankful for the whole thing.

the rossness":iiqmu7r7 said:
I always thought his double V guitar looked cool but he had such garbage tone.

Agreed, was a cool lookin' guitar!

Guy is a great writer...hopefully he can do something again.

Purpleibby":3jrf8n0k said:
Wow, dude was so nice.....not a bad word said about anybody, he was just thankful for the whole thing.

:thumbsup:

I'm a big KISS fan and have been following this whole Vinnie Vincent thing for awhile. Eddie Trunk had talked about it off and on over the years and there was all of these questions about where he was, if he was on drugs, etc., etc. I do think he might be transitioning because he looks a bit different and more importantly, his voice sounds much different than old interviews.

Sounds like he might be doing some new music, etc. which is good. I'll be honest, as a KISS fan it has been Ace Frehley for me and respect to some of the others, but never been a Vinnie Vincent fan. He has written a bunch of stuff with KISS that would surprise some people (even as recent as "Unholy" from "Revenge") but never really dug his Invasion group that much. Wish him well though.

That whole thing was a little weird. I didn't watch the whole thing, but it seemed like it was a lady in her early 60's sitting up there perhaps?

itsme":3kvui5bu said:
Hmmm. I'm a little confused...

Is he transitioning?

Totally..what the hell is going on there? I don't have an issue with that but if he isn't, maybe he should get a new stylist. I also laughed at the 20 40+ year old guys with their phones out yelling YEAAA VINNNNNNAY!!!!!!!!!! Probably made his decade.

EDIT: Definitely transitioning.. you can see the heels he is wearing at a certain point in that vid. In that outfit, it screams 60 something business woman. So good on him for being professional.

Back