Vintage Fab Amp pics

• Thread starter Thread starter stratotone
  • Start date Start date
stratotone
stratotone
A few things to think about:

Fab has come a LONG way from these, and I wouldn't let these pics sway me away from buying something that he's making now. I bought this amp from the original purchaser as a snapshot of Harmony Central history for a really good price. The amp does work, it's a very clean sounding amp and doesn't sound horrible. I've thought about recording some clips with it, but other stuff kept getting in the way. It's certainly chock full of features.

And now for a HC history lesson... Gut shots are pretty big, click on them to enlarge.

fabfox.jpg

fabfox2.jpg

fabfox3.jpg

fabfox4.jpg

fabfox5.jpg

fabfox6.jpg

wtf is up with the cluster in there? the welds look like shit and the damn wood is that for support. :o

:o Are those components fixed to anything or is it really, really freewired?

Dropped_2_C":5ec97 said:
wtf is up with the cluster in there? the welds look like shit and the damn wood is that for support. :o

When I asked him about a quote on an amp just for shits and giggles, he kept talking about his decades of making amps. I saw pictures similar to this and was like WTF? HELL NO

Haha.. I remember when you posted those on the JCF Pete... The mods shit a brick and deleted the pictures.

Whats with the HC mods deleting stuff about FAB yet allowing the duct tape incidents with Madison?

Dropped_2_C":ee51e said:

Dude - don't knock the wood - we all know from Palette Amps that the wood inside the headshell has an effect on the tone of the amp!

<yes, I'm serious, that was told to me by the owner/builder>

batotman":dcbec said:
Whats with the HC mods deleting stuff about FAB yet allowing the duct tape incidents with Madison?

The Madison folks don't post on HCAF and cry to the mods?

That's not even the worst FAB picture. There was one amp that FAB made that literally had all the parts soldered together in what looked like a BALL. The Parts werent even mounted. Anyone have that pic?

:? :?

LAWL!

i'll take my PCB silicon ENGL anyday over that piece of turd

Sorry Ralph, I didn't buy that one. :)

Fab stated in the past that some amp companies stole some of his ideas/designs, maybe ENGL took that for the powerball? :D

Pete

Back