WE HAVE A WINNER!! RushCentrale. NEW UPDATE! CAB INCLUDED!Time for another giveaway. Raffle 4 kids fighting cancer. UPDATE: WIZARD CONTENT!!!

Hey everyone, thank you all so much for the congrats! You guy are all class acts. Huge shoutout of appreciation for my man @Tone Monster for organizing and managing this giveaway. And of course, I won't ever be able to thank the GOAT, Mr. Rick St. Pierre enough for this kind of generosity and artistry.

This Wizard Modern Classic II is a holy grail amp for probably everyone here at Rig-Talk and that is something I do not, and will not take lightly. The MCII is a dream amp for me and it is legit my ideal amp out of Rick's lineup. I'm gonna crank it whenever I can, but I also have a Suhr Reactive Load Box on the way to help me with late night recordings. My day job is making music for mostly TV and web commercials and I am gonna make it a point to use this amp for as many projects as I can. It's gonna be my Wilhelm Scream for my commercials. For example, if I'm asked to do a Nile Rogers type funky disco thing for a Dua Lipa inspired track, I'm gonna crowbar the clean sounds from the MCII into it instead of using a DI or a clean Fender-ish amp.

For anyone wondering, I'm not gonna be flipping this amp. I'm going to play it, honor it, appreciate it and I will often look at it and smile at it when it's turned off. It will be loved.

The legendary Wizard who has built amps for the best of the best and personal heroes of mine, from AC/DC to Page, to Aerosmith, to Billy Gibbons, etc, etc.. is sending me one of his creations while he's at the top of his craft. I'm not worthy.

Thanks again to all of you guys and cheers to everyone who entered. It's easy for me to say, but none of your entries went to waste because it's going to St. Jude, and it's a challenge to think of a more nobler cause.

Back