What’s this big PanterA announcement about tomorrow??

• Thread starter Thread starter RaceU4her
  • Start date Start date
I would have thought the first few shows sure.. a bit of play. But it sounds like he has just said screw it on most of the solos and ignores a lot of the most important parts. Yes I know he has said Dime wouldn't play No More Tears like Zakk would but I still think he would capture the essence of it a whole lot more than Zakk is doing with his leads.

Most of Zack's soloing has been mindless fast noodling for years now. What a waste of his talents. What the hell happened to the guy who played guitar on "No Rest for the Wicked"?

We originally had seats behind the stage. We were told we couldn't sit there, supposedly because of pyro. Hmmm. Anyway, the show was sold out, so I ended up standing next to the soundboard. When Sabbath started their set, I saw a blur run in front of me. (Turns out it was Rex.) I looked to my right and there was Sharon Osbourne, Vinnie, Rex and Dime. Dime had a huge grin on his face. James, Kirk and Lars were at the light board. Kirk was playing air guitar. This was in San Jose and Metallica is a Bay Area band so it wasn't unusual to see them at local shows.
Summer of 1984 James , Cliff , Lars and Kirk were in attendance at the Raven, Anthrax, Exodus show at the Kabuki in SF . That was a trip , they were hanging out with the Anthrax and talking to fans

Summer of 1984 James , Cliff , Lars and Kirk were in attendance at the Raven, Anthrax, Exodus show at the Kabuki in SF . That was a trip , they were hanging out with the Anthrax and talking to fans

That's awesome.

We originally had seats behind the stage. It was really cool because I had a bird's eye view of Vinnie doing his thing. His tech was headbanging and jumping around like a monkey during the songs. It was hilarious! Then an usher walked up to us and we were told we couldn't sit there, supposedly because of pyro. Hmmm. Anyway, the show was sold out, so I ended up standing next to the soundboard. When Sabbath started their set, I saw a blur run in front of me. (Turns out it was Rex.) I looked to my right and there was Sharon Osbourne, Vinnie, Rex and Dime. Dime had a huge grin on his face. James, Kirk and Lars were at the light board. Kirk was playing air guitar. This was in San Jose and Metallica is a Bay Area band so it wasn't unusual to see them at local shows.
Soundboard is the best seat in the house. And to share the space with all those dudes! Greatness.
I ran into Dime a couple of times after concerts...stories for another time. Miss those days!

Most of Zack's soloing has been mindless fast noodling for years now. What a waste of his talents. What the hell happened to the guy who played guitar on "No Rest for the Wicked"?
I have Pride & Glory on vinyl. That was a cool time, with some good tunes, in between Ozzy and BLS.

ive still managed to not hear one second of this bullshit tribute band, im sure dime and vinny would be proud
Not a huge Pantera fan but I saw them a couple times and they were pretty badass. Red Rocks was prob the best--def the loudest--metal show I've ever seen.

In all seriousness tho--why is more Pantera music a bad thing again? Even if it's not the real thing, isn't more Pantera--even if it's essentially a tribute--better, esp if you are a huge fan?

In all seriousness tho--why is more Pantera music a bad thing again? Even if it's not the real thing, isn't more Pantera--even if it's essentially a tribute--better, esp if you are a huge fan?
Pantera's hard core music bred hard core fans who aren't interested in compromises in the band lineup. That would be my guess.

Pantera's hard core music bred hard core fans who aren't interested in compromises in the band lineup. That would be my guess.
I guess, but I don’t get it. I have to imagine Dime would be happy to see his music being played after he was gone. To me that’s what it is ALL about. And if some rockers are making some cheddar bringing it about, I have to imagine Dime would be ALL for that even more.

I guess, but I don’t get it. I have to imagine Dime would be happy to see his music being played after he was gone. To me that’s what it is ALL about. And if some rockers are making some cheddar bringing it about, I have to imagine Dime would be ALL for that even more.

Sorry bro, it’s already been decided that this is nothing more than a money grab for a few guys. The millions of people who are stoked to see it don’t mean shit, it’s far more rewarding in life to be cynical and shit on everything than to acknowledge any form of joy or a good time. Why waste a second thinking other people can be happy about something when you can sit on your couch, not participate with the real world and claim everything is bullshit? Happiness, gratitude for others experiencing happiness, small wins in a crazy world, music, it’s all worthless, fake and for the money. If you find yourself feeling stoked about something, stop immediately and follow the money because your joy is a delusion, someone else making money somewhere along the way negates your actual joy.

Now you know.

I’m guessing Zakk read some internet comments about Dime’s solos, this is more along the lines of what I expected before they played their first show.

I heard Phil had to pay him $500 per-right-note, though, so I suppose it doesn’t really matter.

Sorry bro, it’s already been decided that this is nothing more than a money grab for a few guys. The millions of people who are stoked to see it don’t mean shit, it’s far more rewarding in life to be cynical and shit on everything than to acknowledge any form of joy or a good time. Why waste a second thinking other people can be happy about something when you can sit on your couch, not participate with the real world and claim everything is bullshit? Happiness, gratitude for others experiencing happiness, small wins in a crazy world, music, it’s all worthless, fake and for the money. If you find yourself feeling stoked about something, stop immediately and follow the money because your joy is a delusion, someone else making money somewhere along the way negates your actual joy.

Now you know.
Post of the week. Well played

Nah

They should have gotten Ola Englund or Wes Hauch. Zakk ruins the Pantera tribute band for me.

No more tears has amazing solos too. Every song

Back