What amp?

• Thread starter Thread starter alund
  • Start date Start date
If I could only have one it would be my Dual Showman with the Dumble Ultra-phonix.
If I could add another one, for a more high gain thing it would be either my Hermansson 5 Gain Stage or my Cameron Ocean modded Marshall.

Herm modded 2203 would be my pick for things that actually exist.

If I could have one to rule them all it would probably be a hermansson modded boogie mark coliseum, while it doesn't exist it should.
I've fantasized myself at the thought of a Hermansson modded Mark amp. They're already tight and scooped with the V shape GEQ setting as is, so I don't know how much there'd be too hollow it out like the other ones as platforms. I'd think it could be incredible and maybe even more tight and attack-y than others

Has to be my current amp, a Bogner Goldfinger Superlead 45, capable If so many great tones!

Herm modded 2203 would be my pick for things that actually exist.

If I could have one to rule them all it would probably be a hermansson modded boogie mark coliseum, while it doesn't exist it should.
I'd really like to see him start modding other amps besides rectifiers and older Marshalls as well.

I don’t even play and I’m running two amps stereo and getting ready to go w/d/w…lol..and I might play ten minutes a week. But it sounds fuckin glorious when I do….plus momma’s pants just fly off when I power on and hit an e.
I got to get you to play more . It’s a must

I'd really like to see him start modding other amps besides rectifiers and older Marshalls as well.
He’s modded lots of other amps in the past, just not in recent years it seems. My Hermansson Carlsboro is my next favorite after the Rectifier ones and sent a Wizard packing for me

I'd get another Friedman SSv2 or an XTC 20th. Love both of those amps.
Just don't need to cart them around to gigs along with a load box and cab.

I've fantasized myself at the thought of a Hermansson modded Mark amp. They're already tight and scooped with the V shape GEQ setting as is, so I don't know how much there'd be too hollow it out like the other ones as platforms. I'd think it could be incredible and maybe even more tight and attack-y than others
Absulutley, I haven’t played the cool shit like you have but I feel like the mark 3’s ride a fine line of gain and harmonics, and your always battling the 6600hz slider vs presence. Given that guys ears I don’t think he can do much wrong.

This one is the one.

uwhoWis.jpg

Of all the amps I've owned, I think my blue stripe Mk III would be the hardest to let go of, and I can't say I've played anything else that really blew it away.

I feel like that's an amp I could be stuck with for the rest of my playing days, and never be unhappy with whatever tone I was chasing.

*which amp.

Probably a 2203. I wouldn’t be able to do some things with it. But if that was the only amp in existence somehow, for the rest of time, I could play happily. Many other amps are awesome and fun at one thing and I might play a lot, but none are such a staple.

I could live with either of my Golub modded Marshall’s. Would probably take the Crunch before the lead mod. I find the cleaner amp is a bit more dynamic and punchy, but I can still play everything just as well through the lead circuit.

Take the mods away… I’m going with a stock 2203 or 1959.

Absulutley, I haven’t played the cool shit like you have but I feel like the mark 3’s ride a fine line of gain and harmonics, and your always battling the 6600hz slider vs presence. Given that guys ears I don’t think he can do much wrong.
Yeah I don’t know if I’d feel comfortable risking sending my c+, but with his mods maybe a mark iii or IV wouldn’t end up sounding much different than if a c+ were modded, but hard to say

I just think it would be cool for him to mod because with other platforms it’s like the mids and low mids get hollowed out, the treble sharper and he makes them all so tight and attacky (which is what makes them so addictive to play), while the marks already are closer to that direction in many ways as is

Back