What amps are currently in your stable?

• Thread starter Thread starter MadAsAHatter
  • Start date Start date
MadAsAHatter
MadAsAHatter
I know a number of people here have multiple amps. Just curious what everyone is using. What amps do you currently own and which one is your favorite/do you play most often?

Currently my stable consists of::
  1. ENGL Inferno
  2. ENGL Steve Morse
  3. ENGL Metalmaster 20
  4. Peavey Vypyr Tube 60 (combo converted to head)
  5. Crate Blue VooDoo 150
  6. 2x Crate Blue VooDoo 300
  7. Crate Stealth 50 (combo converted to head)
  8. Crate GT3500 Shockwave
  9. Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 36
  10. Line 6 DT25
  11. Synergy SYN2 w/ ENGL Savage & Powerball Modules
  12. Mesa Titan V12 (Bass Amp)
  13. Orange Micro Dark
  14. Joyo Zombie
  15. Joyo Firebrand
I try to give them all equal amounts of attention, but picking a favorite would be a toss up between the Inferno & Steve Morse.

Sound City Master Lead 50 halfstack + Fryette Power Station 1 (my fave and most played)

Peavey VTM 60

Peavey 5150 2x12 combo

Starfield VPA-1 preamp

VVT Simo-Plex

Yamaha THR10X

I also have a homemade 6v6-powered Marshall 2061X clone a buddy of mine made me, but there's something wrong with it

74 100W Marshall chassis/iron with a JCM800 board. Completely rebuilt. Footswitchable solo boost, footswitch true bypass metroloop, footswitch hi/lo input select. It’s currently torn apart being tuned and getting more feature upgrades.

Metroplex #001. The very first production amp George made. It’s the same amp in his metroplex features video of the metroplex series on his YouTube channel. I actually don’t play it very much but keep it around for its ability to do 68 plexi tones accurately.

Bogner XTC 101B. She’s a beast and runner up for most playtime.

First year Laney GH100S. I do play it a lot but it’s got a wonky artist tuned tonestack I don’t like. Too scooped for my preference. I will be modding it to a Marshall value tonestack once I finish my 74.

5150 II made in USA. Retrofitted Mercury magnetics JCM800 output transformer, converted to EL34s, choke installed, preamp has been tuned. I don’t play it much anymore.

My heavily modded 74 gets all of the playtime.

Mesa Boogie IIC+ DRG +/++ '84
Wizard Modern Classic II '16
Marshall JMP 2203 '80
Marshall JMP 2204 ‘75

Pretty happy with what I got. More than I need really. I’m debating what to do with the 2204 - either mod it or sell it. Aren’t going to use it unless it stands out compared to the others. If it’s possible I might trade the 2204 for a Mark amp more.

I play the IIC+ 90% of the time ATM.

I've downsized a bunch from last year. Mine are
KSR Ares which replaced my Orthos
Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Monomyth Skeleton Key

I have a 6505 on order that I want to replace the 5150 sig I owned last year if it ever ships.

The one I use the most is the Ares as it's the one I can switch tones relatively quickly on. Neither of the 3 amps are my favorite as they all sound freaking great.

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on an Omega Granophyre next month. I need it like a whole in the head but I've heard some positive reviews from some friends that has given me g.a.s.

Wizard MTL2 100
Diezel Herbert mk1
Diezel Herbert mk3
Diezel Vh4
Boogie mark III++
Bogner Uberschall Rev Blue (kt88 modded by Bogner himself )
EVH Stealth 120
Mesa boogie Dual Rectifier from year 2000
Engl Powerball 1
Randall Satan 120
Marshall JVM410
Marshall Jcm2000 TSL 120
Peavy XXX

I have a Hermansson and a Larry Being made . Probably will sell off 3 soon.

Last edited:
Mesa Boogie IIC+ DRG +/++ '84
Wizard Modern Classic II '16
Marshall JMP 2203 '80
Marshall JMP 2204 ‘75

Pretty happy with what I got. More than I need really. I’m debating what to do with the 2204 - either mod it or sell it. Aren’t going to use it unless it stands out compared to the others. If it’s possible I might trade the 2204 for a Mark amp more.

I play the IIC+ 90% of the time ATM.
I’m always here to buy the 2c++ . Just remember me if you ever sell lol

Pretty simple...

JVM 410
Fryette Sig X
EVH 50W Stealth

Buying another JVM for backup and I think I will get a 50W EL34 as a companion to my current Stealth. And I'm going to track down a JSX eventually again as well. And may possibly buy an old Laney GH50L. I have owned both the JSX and GH50L in the past and I would like to have them again. And I'm at a point where I don't want alot of stuff anymore. 95% of the time I'm on the JVM and have been since they came out.

Last edited:
not exactly fitting right in:
Hughes & Kettner Vortex Black Series 100W head
Customtonesinc Overdrive amp
Ampeg GS-12R Reverberocket 2
Ampeg AX 44C
Marshall AS 50R
Fender Frontman 25R with Eminence Ragin' Cajun

Last edited:
Guytron GT100
Guytron GT100 F/V
Jet City 20W (Friedman modded)
BluGuitar Amp1 <-- Backup for gigs, plus a great amp in its own right

The original Guytron goes to gigs and anything that gets recorded. It's got mojo.

It's been ages since I had a good Marshall in the house. Should be this year's goal to pick one up.

Back