What are your guys favorite reverb and delay pedals, and what are you currently using?

• Thread starter Thread starter mooncobra
  • Start date Start date
mooncobra
mooncobra
I am curious as to what you guys are using. There are so many reverb pedals available these days. New killer pedal builders seem to pop up every week.

The same goes for delay pedals.

I have a chase bliss and a free the tone. They are the best reverbs I have owned so far, yet I still find myself checking out the new reverb pedals.

I am using a free the tone flight time v2, and it’s a great delay. I have owned other delays that are very close to this. The Providence Chrono Delay was amazing and is considered to be like a 2290 in a pedal. The Strymon Timeline was also cool.

As far as delays that are more budget friendly, the Hardwire delay is a total sleeper.

I know there are many types of delays and reverbs. I usually like a well rounded pedal With a few good options.

I want to hear about what you guys are using. I like to discover new pedals, especially if they are reverbs, delays or boosts

Cheers fellow Rigtalk brothers!!

I mentioned in the other thread. if the goal is really to get the highest quality version of those effects, it’s best IME to skip pedals all together and just get vintage rack units for them. They make these pedals sound like cheap toys. I would also say in my experience the simpler ones with fewer options tend to have better tone and clarity. Others can advise better on delay since that’s not really my thing, but for reverb the ‘70’s Furman Spring Reverb is gorgeous and has been my favorite so far and not that much more money than buying a boutique pedal

If you really gotta go pedal, I’d say the Matthews Astronomer sounds really good to me (still have it), but it doesn’t hold up vs the real deal reverbs. I know lots of stuff is out there these days and to me the vast majority falls way short. I think there used to be far fewer choices, but generally better quality. The Strymon one you mentioned I remember sounding clinical and artificial

Last edited:
I mentioned in the other thread. if the goal is really to get the highest quality version of those effects, it’s best IME to skip pedals all together and just get vintage rack units for them. They make these pedals sound like cheap toys. I would also say in my experience the simpler ones with fewer options tend to have better tone and clarity. Others can advise better on delay since that’s not really my thing, but for reverb the ‘70’s Furman Spring Reverb is gorgeous and has been my favorite so far

If you really gotta go pedal, I’d say the Matthews Astronomer sounds really good to me (still have it), but it doesn’t hold up vs the real deal reverbs. I know lots of stuff is out there these days and to me the vast majority falls way short. I think there used to be far fewer choices, but generally better quality. The Strymon one you mentioned I remember sounding clinical and artificial
I would have to disagree that all reverb and delay pedals sound like cheap toys compared to rack units. Personally, I think there are some truly great sounding delay and reverb pedal out there. But, to each their own.

I would have to disagree that all reverb and delay pedals sound like cheap toys compared to rack units. Personally, I think there are some truly great sounding delay and reverb pedal out there. But, to each their own.
Well it depends which ones. I like more the simple units with only 1 or 2 effects in there. The ‘70’s Furman one I have in particular has this very rich, lush tone to it that makes even most vintage reverbs I know sound cold and not pretty comparatively. My opinions of these things are purely from AB comparisons. I don’t form opinions until that homework is done. It’s crucial for deciding imo. It also depends what you’re looking for with this. For me a great reverb should make my base tone more lush, pretty sounding and more spacious without making it worse at all (this is where these pedals tend to fall short with the tone suck). I also look for it to have enough clarity to not make more busy finger picking passages sound cluttered or muddy, which is again where many fall short. Just my 2 cents

I use a damage control timeline for delays. For reverb I have a lexicon pcm81.

For chorus I have a quadraverb v2.03, an SPX90II, and an ADA 2FX which is mono to mono that I plan to use as a pre-chorus before going to the stereo units.

Here’s a video on the quadraverb (10:00 mark). It will do all that I want and is easy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Geo
I use a damage control timeline for delays. For reverb I have a lexicon pcm81.

For chorus I have a quadraverb v2.03, an SPX90II, and an ADA 2FX which is mono to mono that I plan to use as a pre-chorus before going to the stereo units.

Here’s a video on the quadraverb (10:00 mark). It will do all that I want and is easy.

How do you like the spx? I always thought those sounded cool.

I am curious as to what you guys are using. There are so many reverb pedals available these days. New killer pedal builders seem to pop up every week.

The same goes for delay pedals.

I have a chase bliss and a free the tone. They are the best reverbs I have owned so far, yet I still find myself checking out the new reverb pedals.

I am using a free the tone flight time v2, and it’s a great delay. I have owned other delays that are very close to this. The Providence Chrono Delay was amazing and is considered to be like a 2290 in a pedal. The Strymon Timeline was also cool.

As far as delays that are more budget friendly, the Hardwire delay is a total sleeper.

I know there are many types of delays and reverbs. I usually like a well rounded pedal With a few good options.

I want to hear about what you guys are using. I like to discover new pedals, especially if they are reverbs, delays or boosts

Cheers fellow Rigtalk brothers!!
I loved the Hardwire RV-7 Reverb. Great pedal!

How do you like the spx? I always thought those sounded cool.
I like the SPX90II over the regular. I don’t like the dark character or lack of detail of the original for the same reason I don’t like the dark character of the H3000, but I know that opinion is down to personal preference so YMMV. The II has the 24 bit AD/DAs and to me sounds exactly the same as the original should have from the factory when it was first released. I don’t hear a difference in the algorithms or any difference in the character the unit adds compared to the regular, it’s all there but slightly better. Highly recommend it.

Someone mentioned the eventide micropitch pedal and I want to remove my ADA from the rack I’m planning and use the eventide instead. For one reason it’s the algorithms I love of the H3000 without the risk of gigging one, doesn’t have the dark character, won’t need a full recap, and it’s one less rack space in my setup.

I will still say if anyone wants a truly gorgeous reverb I can’t say enough about the ‘70’s Furman one (needs to be dialed in well though). It’s one of those prime examples of keep it simple stupid/less is more lol. If I have time this week or next before my big move I will make a clip comparing it to the reverb of my ‘64 Vibroverb and also the amp ran dry and you guys will see what it does. If anyone wants to send me a reverb they like I will make a comparison clip with that as well. No joke, it makes these pedals sound like toys. It’s not a trendy flavor of the month product, but something real that was made almost 50 years ago now that I haven’t yet found a worthy rival for. The Intersound PRV-1 also has a great reverb, 2nd best to me, but not as good as the Furman. Of course we can lead the horses to water, but can’t make them drink it. Not trying to be overbearing here if I come off that way, just inform what I can. If I come across a better reverb I will happily eat my words

Last edited:
After a few years of testing different reverbs I almost gave up on finding an adequate replacement for my old Alesis & Co. rack reverbs. Alexander, Neunaber, Strymon.. nah. Red Panda were not on my radar until a few months ago and when I bought the Context V2 I didn't even expect anything other than another disappointment and told myself that I won't be wasting anymore of my time and money on reverb pedals after returning this pedal but on tracking down more spare parts for my old stuff. When I plugged it in it was the first time that a reverb pedal actually was able to go toe on toe with my rack verbs so I've kept it.

tl;dr - That Red Panda Context V2 is now my "desert island" reverb pedal.

I'm not that picky when it comes to delays. I still have Visual Sound Dual Tap Delay and a DOD Rubberneck for different reasons, like them both equally.

anyone mention the Gamechanger Audio Light Pedal for Reverb yet ??

https://gamechangeraudio.com/light-pedal/
I don't have personal experience with it but I'm totally anti digital .... and it's fully analog with a real spring reverb tank .... it sounds amazing on the demos I've watched ...

as for delays ..... IMO ... you can't beat a decent Bucket Brigade Delay .... right now I'm running the Seymour Duncan Vapor Trail Deluxe .... but I'll give the DOD Rubberneck and JHS Panther a honorable mention .

Lone Wolf Acheron 421 for digital and analog sounds

Strymon Volante for tape style

Pink label DD3 for simple digital

I also use an alesis midiverb every once in a while

Currently echoplex in front, Flight Time in the loop.
C7996B41-C85C-4FEB-8699-E5C88819ED58.jpeg

After a few years of testing different reverbs I almost gave up on finding an adequate replacement for my old Alesis & Co. rack reverbs. Alexander, Neunaber, Strymon.. nah. Red Panda were not on my radar until a few months ago and when I bought the Context V2 I didn't even expect anything other than another disappointment and told myself that I won't be wasting anymore of my time and money on reverb pedals after returning this pedal but on tracking down more spare parts for my old stuff. When I plugged it in it was the first time that a reverb pedal actually was able to go toe on toe with my rack verbs so I've kept it.

tl;dr - That Red Panda Context V2 is now my "desert island" reverb pedal.

I'm not that picky when it comes to delays. I still have Visual Sound Dual Tap Delay and a DOD Rubberneck for different reasons, like them both equally.
Now this sounds like something worthwhile! This is the kind of info we need more of on this forum!

Back