What are your guys favorite reverb and delay pedals, and what are you currently using?

• Thread starter Thread starter mooncobra
  • Start date Start date
I will still say if anyone wants a truly gorgeous reverb I can’t say enough about the ‘70’s Furman one (needs to be dialed in well though). It’s one of those prime examples of keep it simple stupid/less is more lol. If I have time this week or next before my big move I will make a clip comparing it to the reverb of my ‘64 Vibroverb and also the amp ran dry and you guys will see what it does. If anyone wants to send me a reverb they like I will make a comparison clip with that as well. No joke, it makes these pedals sound like toys. It’s not a trendy flavor of the month product, but something real that was made almost 50 years ago now that I haven’t yet found a worthy rival for. The Intersound PRV-1 also has a great reverb, 2nd best to me, but not as good as the Furman. Of course we can lead the horses to water, but can’t make them drink it. Not trying to be overbearing here if I come off that way, just inform what I can. If I come across a better reverb I will happily eat my words
Also shoutout to exo-metal for telling me about the Furman. That brand seemed to just make great stuff back in the day including their PQ-3. I heard Furman was actually girl

Delay - my favorite tonewise is the Carbon Copy (I got many compliments when using it on stage), but my favorite feature wise (and 2nd tonewise) is Vapor Trail.

I have a strymon timeliness and it sounds great, but it is too much for my small brain.
I also have a Hardwire DL8 that I use .
I love the DL8 in modulation mode.
It was on sale years ago d
For 59.95.

DD-500 here. It has everything I need and more for delay tones.
Yep.... I love my DD500. I feel it has rack quality sound, ease of use and setting parameters and routing, compact. I mostly use the Plex/Echoplex and SDE3000 models. The echoplex is very very good!

I will still say if anyone wants a truly gorgeous reverb I can’t say enough about the ‘70’s Furman one (needs to be dialed in well though). It’s one of those prime examples of keep it simple stupid/less is more lol. If I have time this week or next before my big move I will make a clip comparing it to the reverb of my ‘64 Vibroverb and also the amp ran dry and you guys will see what it does. If anyone wants to send me a reverb they like I will make a comparison clip with that as well. No joke, it makes these pedals sound like toys. It’s not a trendy flavor of the month product, but something real that was made almost 50 years ago now that I haven’t yet found a worthy rival for. The Intersound PRV-1 also has a great reverb, 2nd best to me, but not as good as the Furman. Of course we can lead the horses to water, but can’t make them drink it. Not trying to be overbearing here if I come off that way, just inform what I can. If I come across a better reverb I will happily eat my words
Make a clip of the furman I would like to hear it.

I run Strymon El Cap and Blue Sky for my delay/verb, but my favorite delay are the old DMM.

DD-500 for me. It has all the delays I could ever want and it does everything I want it to

Mad Professor Golden Cello.

It's probably completely impractical for most real world playing scenarios, but the fun factor is hard to beat.

Make a clip of the furman I would like to hear it.
I may not have the best video or audio quality yet, but will do what I can. If the clip does it justice at all prepare to kiss those pedals goodbye lol. I do my best not to exaggerate, trying to be a realist even if it challenges or offends other's opinions. Will use my SM57 & Royer 122V mics, Neve 1073 & Shadow Hills pre-amps through the Apollo X8P. Someone like VESmedic can probably still admittedly get much better recording results than me even with cheaper gear since I'm a novice there

Doesn’t feature guitar, but check out it this vid of the Furman:

You can see here it is a literal spring reverb that many of these pedals are doing a comparatively poor job at trying to emulate. Sounds better in person, but just listen to that organic sound of it and the quality of that drip it has after the notes decay. I’m sorry but no pedal that I’ve heard comes even close to this, especially not the Strymon, Eventide, or Empress

I also checked out the clips of the red panda context V2 btw. Still seems too artificial and lacking the true 3D depth of a real deal unit to my ears

Last edited:
Keeley Timmons Halo is amazing sounding. I have a Keeley Caverns as well but the Halo is my favorite he has ever made.
Same. Recently got the Halo, it immediately replaced everything else. I've used the HX effects forever, it's solid and does a bunch of things pretty well, but no one thing exceptionally lol. The Halo is exceptional IMO. May replace the reverbs next and just keep the HX for my swiss army knife.

My delay requirements are minimal so the Diamond Memory Lane V1 (original, analog) does everything I need it to do. Incredibly warm and dynamic. It 'melds' into your playing. The modulated delay mode is so lush and rich it makes all digital emulations (even on the Diamond Memory Lane Jr digital delay pedal) sound like a joke. I use it in a parallel FX loop.

I'm still using Pigtronix Echolution 2FP and Alexander Space Race

anyone mention the Gamechanger Audio Light Pedal for Reverb yet ??

https://gamechangeraudio.com/light-pedal/
I don't have personal experience with it but I'm totally anti digital .... and it's fully analog with a real spring reverb tank .... it sounds amazing on the demos I've watched ...

as for delays ..... IMO ... you can't beat a decent Bucket Brigade Delay .... right now I'm running the Seymour Duncan Vapor Trail Deluxe .... but I'll give the DOD Rubberneck and JHS Panther a honorable mention .

Buddy of mine has one and he likes it; I haven't been able to check it out myself yet

I may not have the best video or audio quality yet, but will do what I can. If the clip does it justice at all prepare to kiss those pedals goodbye lol. I do my best not to exaggerate, trying to be a realist even if it challenges or offends other's opinions. Will use my SM57 & Royer 122V mics, Neve 1073 & Shadow Hills pre-amps through the Apollo X8P. Someone like VESmedic can probably still admittedly get much better recording results than me even with cheaper gear since I'm a novice there
Dude, just take an iPhone clip if you have to. We will be able to get a good idea of it from that.

Leon Todd gets some good sounds out of the FTT Ambi Soace reverb

I use the Strymon El Capistan for tape delays on guitar. I love it.

For bass, I prefer digital delay. I use the EQD Avalanche Run for delay and reverb. On kazoo, I have the Zcat Pedals Delay Reverb pedal. Both work great.

Pedal wise I am currently using an Eventide Time Factor (Delay) and Caroline Meteore (Reverb).

My needs are simple:

Delay:
1. Strymon ElCap (have and use)
2. Maxon AD999 ( I have and use two of these)
3. Suhr Discovery. Loved it, but someone offered stupid money for mine, so I sold it....

Reverb:
1. Neunaber Seraphim. Does what I need...

Last edited:
Had the rack back in the day and then tried a line 6 of all things. Now anytime I put effects/ delay etc on an amp I hear Line 6. None for me.

Back