What are your guys favorite reverb and delay pedals, and what are you currently using?

• Thread starter Thread starter mooncobra
  • Start date Start date
Dude, just take an iPhone clip if you have to. We will be able to get a good idea of it from that.
Well the iPhone would be used for the video part, so both would be an option, but I don’t feel iPhone mics capture near enough detail to be too useful. Even a not great recording with my good mics at least will capture details more. Especially for shootouts. I don’t wanna half ass it, but will see what I can get. In the meantime that other vid of the Furman I posted has some good info on it. I know my posts here may make me come off like a dick, but I’m trying to at least be a hardworking helpful dick haha. I personally never wanna be left in the dark from knowing about exceptional pieces of gear, so hopefully I can help return that info here with an adequate clip

Last edited:
I am curious as to what you guys are using. There are so many reverb pedals available these days. New killer pedal builders seem to pop up every week.

The same goes for delay pedals.

I have a chase bliss and a free the tone. They are the best reverbs I have owned so far, yet I still find myself checking out the new reverb pedals.

I am using a free the tone flight time v2, and it’s a great delay. I have owned other delays that are very close to this. The Providence Chrono Delay was amazing and is considered to be like a 2290 in a pedal. The Strymon Timeline was also cool.

As far as delays that are more budget friendly, the Hardwire delay is a total sleeper.

I know there are many types of delays and reverbs. I usually like a well rounded pedal With a few good options.

I want to hear about what you guys are using. I like to discover new pedals, especially if they are reverbs, delays or boosts

Cheers fellow Rigtalk brothers!!
I have the Source Audio Nemesis and Ventris. Excellent units. The Ventris is overkill for my verb needs but I love the Nemesis.

Last edited:
I have a Roland SDE3000. Great sound quality.
I use the Strymon DIG more often. Sounds very close, more features, easy to use.
I use an EQD Dispatch Master for reverb and atmospheric delay.

I have a Roland SDE3000. Great sound quality.
I use the Strymon DIG more often. Sounds very close, more features, easy to use.
I use an EQD Dispatch Master for reverb and atmospheric delay.
The pedal or rack?

I use a Lexicon MPX1 G2 through the effects loop of my EVH3 50w.

And I use a Dr. Z Z-Verb into the front of my Marshall Plexi.

My needs are simple:

Delay:
1. Strymon ElCap (have and use)
2. Maxon AD999 ( I have and use two of these)
3. Suhr Discovery. Loved it, but someone offered stupid money for mine, so I sold it....

Reverb:
1. Neunaber Seraphim. Does what I need...

I've since added a Keeley Halo Delay. I love it! I use it with my Splawn Competition rig.
20221020_175137~3.jpg

The Halo kicked my capistan on my board, as for reverb I use a Meris Mercury 7, not much has comes close to that one, including the new UA Del-verb which is alright but not mind blowing.

I like simple easy to use stuff, Delay I use a RV8, Carbon Copy, or Aqua Puss depending on amps or tones, and reverb I use a Mad Professor Silver Spring. I do not use much delay, just small amounts, and reverb is light to moderate, all of these pedals sound great for my uses.

It's not your run of the mill delay, but I've been loving that mad professor golden cello.

flint
Does great reverb and u can use the Trem side as a boost

I was running a Timeline, but almost always used the analog delay setting. Sold it and picked up an Analogman ARDX20.

Ran a variety of reverb pedals for a while, plus a Lexicon MPX1 & G2, but settled on the UA Golden Reverberator.

I'm set. Both pedals sound way better than my playing is worthy of.

Source Audio Collider, two birds one stone. Delay wise I use it to mimic a space echo and reverb wise I use it for surf stuff.

I do also have a Catalinbread Belle Epoch which I use before my amp (instead of in the loop) and it's the closest I can find to a real echoplex for Dead Kennedy's tones. Tend to use it for higher gain surf stuff since a spring reverb gets too noisy at high gain levels.

If delay pedal, dont exist better than Boss DD-2.
Perfect repeats, but organic like analogue pedals.

Attachments

• 8BDE55A2-152A-4A78-A0AF-5A83E441D716.jpeg
    8BDE55A2-152A-4A78-A0AF-5A83E441D716.jpeg
    497.1 KB · Views: 40
I use a wet/dry rig...
I dont like reverb...I have an Alesis Midiverb IV but I dont use it...
A Yamaha SPX900 for Symphonic chorus and pitch detune...
As far as delay, I have a TC Gmajor and a Roland SDE 3000...

I kinda like the TC more...yeah I know...I am gonna kill myself...

Eventide H9 if in the loop or a Lexicon MPX-1 for W/D/W

EQ Dispatch Master is one of the cleanest, most transparent sounding delay/verb pedals I have ever heard. With only 1 verb and 1 delay sound on tap, it is a bit ‘limited’ - but the sounds are just so clean and transparent. For me, the biggest limitation is the inability to turn the effects on and off independently. I use a medium verb as an ‘always on’ effect and like punching a medium, single repeat slap in for leads and fills. But on a small board for excellent sounding ambience, the Dispatch Master is really hard to beat.

For rack quality sound on the floor, Universal Audio is my go do. I have a Starlight Echo and a Golden Reverberator on my big board. Unbelievable options and can turn them on and off independently.

I am really tempted by the new UA Del-Verb - different styles of verb and delay to choose from, independent level controls for each effect, and you are able to turn each effect on and off independently. Pricier, but would probably cure the limitations in the EQ Dispatch Master and take up half the real estate on the board of running a dedicated verb and dedicated delay pedal.

Back