What attenuator(s) are you using for your NMV amps these days?

• Thread starter Thread starter MadAsAHatter
  • Start date Start date
I remember a few years back Pete Thorn did the Rock Crusher demo and he recorded it at diff DB but volume matched all the clips and there was very little difference in the sound. Now that said, I would argue that just having the attenuator in the signal period, already changes that tone and I am not crazy about it but can at least use it a few notches down. But no question that no attentuator sounds better.

Here it is time stamped:

He did a recent gear rundown on a tour in Europe and he was using the Waza TAE

He did a recent gear rundown on a tour in Europe and he was using the Waza TAE

I guess he is one of the few who finds the Waza reliable .. I wouldn't touch that thing from the reviews/issues I have read about here and elsewhere.

I guess he is one of the few who finds the Waza reliable .. I wouldn't touch that thing from the reviews/issues I have read about here and elsewhere.
Big thread on it at TGP today actually. Seems to come down to Suhr saying it's fine with Resonance set to Low or you have a MV amp not on 10, while someone from Fryette saying its a complete non-issue. So who knows 🤷‍♂️.

Used it pretty much daily for the last 5-6yrs, zero issues. Sounds and feels great plus nothing comes close to doing what it does.

TGP is a bunch of cat ladies who barely play the guitar

Don't own any NMV amp but I use the attenuator on the St.Rock React:IR II with my Ceriatone King Kong 100W and it's a great experience.

Back