What qualities do you want in a drummer?

• Thread starter Thread starter JohnnyGtar
  • Start date Start date
I don't see the point in even playing guitar if I am not going to gig and work with others making music. It's a job, not fun and games. Jobs have downsides. I guess I always looked at it like a sort of career path so what other dumbass musicians do and think is irrelevant to what I'm doing.
That's cool but I am just the opposite.

I don't play to make money, I don't play for fame, I play because I love to play and couldn't live without it.

There was a time in my life when I felt that might be an option, I am glad I did not peruse that path.

That's cool but I am just the opposite.

I don't play to make money, I don't play for fame, I play because I love to play and couldn't live without it.

There was a time in my life when I felt that might be an option, I am glad I did not peruse that path.
I completely understand your perspective I just possess and all or nothing personality. Either I'm going all the way or I ain't going at all. If I quit gigging my guitars would be covered in dust, if not sold altogether. I hate not gigging, because then I don't wanna gig, because then I sound like shit cause not enough stage time. When I am gigging constantly I just want to keep gigging because i am razor sharp and sound like a million bucks. The curse of a one track mind.

i’ve played in bands with approximately a dozen drummers from young rock bashers to seasoned jazz vets. my most memorable and enjoyable musical experiences as a player were the times the drummer was on point creatively and dynamically.

long live vinnie!

Back