What song has AC/DC’s best tone ?

• Thread starter Thread starter Techdeth
  • Start date Start date
High Voltage album for me. It's like you can hear the speaker breakup, the low mid knock of the cabs. It's so clean, but still heavy.

Check it at 1:58, sleazy and swanky:

Or maybe this one:

I always liked the cleaner squeeze every last drop of tones on this one.

I was just watching Maximum Overdrive…again…and there’s one or two scenes where they just have Angus, free form noodling on the soundtrack, by himself and he gets a tone that I could only say, defines everything glorious about electric guitar.

AC/DC is much closer to the types of sounds I usually use. I don't play much metal or high gain.

For me before the Black album they played more swing. They went with a more straight beat even feel with Back in Black and everything after it.

It's just a lot easier to dance or fuc with a swing beat.
I'm a small doses of Back in Black person....after that I was done with anything post Bon. Just not the same....

For some folks chasing the AC/DC thing is a bigger deal than the chase for Eddies tone....My friend Stephen McSwain got an AC/DC tribute thing going here in PDX with none other than Doug Rappoport and Kelly Lemieux (bass player from Buckcherry, FEAR, GoldFinger) that was smoking, Rappoport copped some serious Angus tone and feel ( no surprise there...), McSwain does a better than respectable Bon

I will say that the Friedman thing for sure comes through in Rappaports tone, maybe a touch more hair than Angus....either way fun to hear Doug Rappoports take on it

For some folks chasing the AC/DC thing is a bigger deal than the chase for Eddies tone....My friend Stephen McSwain got an AC/DC tribute thing going here in PDX with none other than Doug Rappoport and Kelly Lemieux (bass player from Buckcherry, FEAR, GoldFinger) that was smoking, Rappoport copped some serious Angus tone and feel ( no surprise there...), McSwain does a better than respectable Bon

I will say that the Friedman thing for sure comes through in Rappaports tone, maybe a touch more hair than Angus....either way fun to hear Doug Rappoports take on it

lol…I’m so anal when it comes to AC/DC (favorite band and played for a short while in a tribute in the 90’s as Malcolm). It really bugged me that he played the Live Wire guitar intro on the downbeat. Was driving me nuts..lol
It never ceases to amaze me how many times people play AC/DC wrong but they could probably shred circles around me.
Plus the bass player’s tone is way too modern. He needs to dump the clangy top end.
I bet they have fun though. Those songs are just too much fun to play live with a little bit of decent volume. Loved that they did the full stacks for the visual. Rapps needs to use the Plex now if he keeps doing that 👍.
AC/DC being kept alive in another little part of the world is always a good thing.

lol…I’m so anal when it comes to AC/DC (favorite band and played for a short while in a tribute in the 90’s as Malcolm). It really bugged me that he played the Live Wire guitar intro on the downbeat. Was driving me nuts..lol
It always bugs me that he doesn't change up the chords in that mid song break on Riff Raff :sneaky: But that's Doug Rap's, whaddayagonnasay ??

Back