What's the deal with this new TGP spinoff forum?

• Thread starter Thread starter jchrisf
  • Start date Start date
It was the Ted Nugent GIF.

Those people hate Ted Nugent.
Who the fuck can hate The Nuge? He kicks ass.

I just went to post and it's gone now.

~ss
I think I may have gotten it deleted withe my last 2 posts there. I pointed out that Drew fell into PLX's trap. The Colonel responded with a sarcastic reply to me about the rules. So I said it seemed like a personal attack toward me which was uncalled for from an admin and asked if that's the way they would deal with people in general. I guess i hit on a truth that set them off enough to delete the thread entirely

I was trying to give that place a shot but it didn't take too long for their true colors to start showing. That place will be TGP II in no time

Who the fuck can hate The Nuge? He kicks ass.

I think I may have gotten it deleted withe my last 2 posts there. I pointed out that Drew fell into PLX's trap. The Colonel responded with a sarcastic reply to me about the rules. So I said it seemed like a personal attack toward me which was uncalled for from an admin and asked if that's the way they would deal with people in general. I guess i hit on a truth that set them off enough to delete the thread entirely

I was trying to give that place a shot but it didn't take too long for their true colors to start showing. That place will be TGP II in no time
I made a thread commenting about it being deleted so we'll see what happens. I wonder if @PLX got the hammer.

~ss

A guy on another forum PM'ed me and said they perma-bant me.

In all fairness.. once my Monkey Pox test came back negative, they really had no choice.

:cool:
you rebel you!

~ss

I made a thread commenting about it being deleted so we'll see what happens. I wonder if @PLX got the hammer.

~ss
LOL!!! It also looks like anything we posted in that thread was subtracted from our total post counts. Like that thread never existed

Yep... I just made a comment about it.... thanks a lot @PLX :ROFLMAO:

~ss
Here's what makes that so goofy.. The site owner posted this right after he perma-bant me.

"Hahahaha no, but PLX, by his own admission, wanted to test the limits of what he could post and dropped some phrases that simply don’t jive in today’s world and got his hand slapped by other members for it. For the record, no one reported those posts, nor did we delete them and we don’t even have an infraction system in place, I don’t think we have any interest in having one either.

I’ve been having this discussion with a few people quite a bit lately, but the intent of this place was to be less restrictive than TGP but not as off the rails as Rig-Talk. Defining that isn’t the easiest thing to do. None of us mods/owners wants to deal with banning people or censoring posts, I’ve only stepped in a couple times when things got political (those are our only hard rules, no politics/religion because nothing good comes from it, ever. Not one single time have I ever witnessed a political debate on the internet turn into anything BUT a bunch of name calling and childish behavior that spills into every thread and we just don’t want it here)

We’ve got a small mod team and we’re all a bunch of goofballs, it’s a gear forum, there’s absolutely no reason why anyone here, members/owners/mods should have to deal with BS because it’s f*ckin’ guitar gear and jokes, ya know? Of course you always have a few guys who rub others the wrong way with hard takes or opinions, but the discourse with those guys just ends up being some ballbusting that any adult should be able to laugh off unless they take themselves way too damn seriously, in which case, this place might not be for them. I certainly don’t take myself very seriously, I’m the biggest f*ckoff I know."

And then they scrubbed the thread from their forum.. :unsure:

Wonder why ?

Here's what makes that so goofy.. The site owner posted this right after he perma-bant me.

"Hahahaha no, but PLX, by his own admission, wanted to test the limits of what he could post and dropped some phrases that simply don’t jive in today’s world and got his hand slapped by other members for it. For the record, no one reported those posts, nor did we delete them and we don’t even have an infraction system in place, I don’t think we have any interest in having one either.

I’ve been having this discussion with a few people quite a bit lately, but the intent of this place was to be less restrictive than TGP but not as off the rails as Rig-Talk. Defining that isn’t the easiest thing to do. None of us mods/owners wants to deal with banning people or censoring posts, I’ve only stepped in a couple times when things got political (those are our only hard rules, no politics/religion because nothing good comes from it, ever. Not one single time have I ever witnessed a political debate on the internet turn into anything BUT a bunch of name calling and childish behavior that spills into every thread and we just don’t want it here)

We’ve got a small mod team and we’re all a bunch of goofballs, it’s a gear forum, there’s absolutely no reason why anyone here, members/owners/mods should have to deal with BS because it’s f*ckin’ guitar gear and jokes, ya know? Of course you always have a few guys who rub others the wrong way with hard takes or opinions, but the discourse with those guys just ends up being some ballbusting that any adult should be able to laugh off unless they take themselves way too damn seriously, in which case, this place might not be for them. I certainly don’t take myself very seriously, I’m the biggest f*ckoff I know."

Wonder why ?
Hmmmmm

~ss

Wonder why ?
That's the post I called Drew out on saying he was lucky It was just you screwing around and not a full bore troll that could burn the place down. He couldn't have his fantasy forum and would have to make/enforce rules and implied it would turn it into TGP part 2.

And the # 1 reason .......his politics lol.
Well the Nuge is a fuckin idiot, but he made some great music.

Also, ignore function is bullshit. Learn to deal with others like a fuckin man. You can't hit ignore button in reality.

That's the post I called Drew out on saying he was lucky It was just you screwing around and not a full bore troll that could burn the place down. He couldn't have his fantasy forum and would have to make/enforce rules and implied it would turn it into TGP part 2.
Well, you know what they say, "Everybody wants to be famous, but nobody wants to do the work".

Back