What's the scoop with Luxxtone and relics?

• Thread starter Thread starter cragginshrd
  • Start date Start date
This looks really great !! Shouldn't have sold it IMHO !
I agree, looks-wise it was one of my favorite guitars ( even more so with the stock cream colored pickups), if it weren’t for a few other special guitars I have I wouldn’t have sold it. At least for a Super Strat under $6k or so I don’t think it can be beat

I don't own a Luxxtone but I take all my guitars to Jerry for servicing and setups. He is the best!
His work is impeccable! I have played quite a few Luxxtone guitars and the fit and finish is amazing. Someday I'll own a Luxxtone...

I don't own a Luxxtone but I take all my guitars to Jerry for servicing and setups. He is the best!
His work is impeccable! I have played quite a few Luxxtone guitars and the fit and finish is amazing. Someday I'll own a Luxxtone...
Rad, I'm buying an El Machete!

This is my first post here at Rig Talk, but I'm at TGP and I've been lurking here. OP, I just got a new Machete last week and it's quickly become my favorite guitar...well at least most fun to play guitar out of quite a few. The playability is unreal and like people have mentioned countless times on this forum, the fretwork is flawless. The neck pocket fit is super tight, the guitar resonates like crazy and even small details like the big brass claw are just little things I don't really see anywhere else. The Luxxbuckers are perfect for this guitar and even where they were placed on the guitar itself and where the harmonics lie, it's just second to none. My Machete can be coil tapped so it's way more versatile than just doing heavy music and 80s stuff. Love this guitar so much.
Machete.jpeg

Killer , great to hear!! I just pulled the trigger on this bad boy!! First time they used this Vintage British race car colour too, so one of a kind. I love the roasted neck and pearloid dots gives it a touch of class amidst the chaos of the relic ness

https://reverb.com/item/76290912-luxxtone-el-machete-aged-british-racing-green-7-lbs-6-oz
That looks killer! I’ve only played one Luxxtone, but it left a positive impression. Sounded and felt great. Couldn’t fault it. I’d love one some day.

Killer , great to hear!! I just pulled the trigger on this bad boy!! First time they used this Vintage British race car colour too, so one of a kind. I love the roasted neck and pearloid dots gives it a touch of class amidst the chaos of the relic ness

https://reverb.com/item/76290912-luxxtone-el-machete-aged-british-racing-green-7-lbs-6-oz
That's a sick one! You're gonna love it 100% The relic actually invites you to play it more and not be afraid of dinging it. The way this Machete is relic'd it just feels like I've owned it for 30 years.

I've owned seven luxxtones and still have four, the playability is unmatched for the price point, I've played and owned just about every guitar out there and I'd put them against any other. The green one you bought is awesome, I was eyeing that up myself, hope you enjoy it. Here's a couple of mine.
IMG_0701.pngIMG_9537.jpeg

Last edited:
I am a big fan and own many and have another on the way. Jerry is badass and super cool to deal with. To me he is a way better deal than these 6k CS Charvels they offer now. He will do whatever you want. Lead time is probably better than Charvel too. And yes I love relic guitars!

1716384914657.jpeg

1716385170392.jpeg

Awesome - I looked at that one several times in the last 6 months. Let us know what you think of it and how you like it!

I am a big fan and own many and have another on the way. Jerry is badass and super cool to deal with. To me he is a way better deal than these 6k CS Charvels they offer now. He will do whatever you want. Lead time is probably better than Charvel too. And yes I love relic guitars!

View attachment 312705
I love the gold and the green ones. What bridges are on those? I'm getting away from Floyd's myself.

Back