What's the scoop with Luxxtone and relics?

• Thread starter Thread starter cragginshrd
  • Start date Start date
Awesome - I looked at that one several times in the last 6 months. Let us know what you think of it and how you like it!
Will do, Video Fri pm on cragginshred ch on YT then hopefully some live footage from a gig Sat pm. We have some bigger gigs coming up in June that I will def get live footage of it too!

This weekend I'm using my Fm3, either Headfirst Alta or moded BE will be used at the rest of the summer gigs!

I love the gold and the green ones. What bridges are on those? I'm getting away from Floyd's myself.
I had lost all love for Floyds but need one axe for the dive bombs and wammy stuff so praying this axe will deliver.

I had Choppa S for awhile. Definitely a quality instrument, but felt like it had no personality. It was heavy for a strat, didn't feel very resonant. I prefer Chubtones -- just seemed to feel and play better. I like the Chubtone neck profile too. I need to get one without a floyd.

What did you order and how'd you spec it out? It was a 12 month wait?
El Machete, hum single, Floyd, rosewood board, white relic. It was more than 12 months actually. About 13, maybe 14. Their “stock” pickups.

Edit: I should have posted this sooner. They quoted 11-12 month build time. It spilled over to 13 or so, BUT apparently there was/is a Floyd Rose shortage, so it’s certainly not their fault.

Last edited:
As far as superstrats go they’re for me the best I’ve tried for under $6000 or so (my hands down favorites being Marchione, but very $$$). Their aged nitro series (or nitro finish guitars) are really where it’s at for tone (well worth it over their poly or oil finish guitars) and they tend to also have the best playability too of their line-up IME supposedly based on their old pre-pro necks

Since a lot of guys here are big Anderson fans I try not to say too much, but I would agree, I’ve tried a good amount and they all sounded sterile to me and I judge guitars really on sound. Suhr’s also sound quite sterile IME, but most of these boutique guitars don’t seem to have tone as much of priority at all in their builds sadly. I don’t think most guitars mentioned on this forum have good tone if I’m being honest, but Charvel Aged Nitro’s (and a few of their other good CS guitars I’ve had) are among the few non-vintage guitars I found inspiring. Here’s a pic below of my favorite one I used to own

View attachment 312330
Whoa—I just got this back from MJT:

IMG_7053.jpeg

I love the gold and the green ones. What bridges are on those? I'm getting away from Floyd's myself.
It is Jerry's own Vintage trem bridge. I do not know who makes them for him. I think he designed them himself and someone makes them. I assume he ages them as needed etc. Thanks - for me, part of the fun is speccing a build out and getting back eventually. I bought a seafoam green Chubtone from you a few years ago and you make killer guitars at a great price point too! I agree on Floyds. I am just kind of over them anymore. Getting old I suppose ha.

Jerry makes a pretty kick ass Tele too. I got one of those over a year ago and its my main giggin axe.

Back