What's this Steve Stevens Hamer worth?

• Thread starter Thread starter Jeff Hilligan
  • Start date Start date
Ooh - it's a Barney Rubble one in dayglo zulu finish!

Fairly rare but value - not sure?

WOW a dayglow Zulu SS. Very cool bro. Not sure what these are going for but i will check over on the Hamer forum and let you know.

Hamer values are so spread out it's crazy. I remember a local pawnshop had a pair of SS - one was red and signed by Steve, other was gold - they were $400 each and sat for about 4 years. *!* It seems like values are going up though... I used to be able to find Hamer Daytonas for $300-$400 all day, now they are $650 and up.

Pete

I had a black SS w/ a Floyd that was one of my favorite all time guitars and it got ripped off :gethim: The dayglo is cool but without a floyd, its worthless to me but Id be willing to bet that you could get a decent amount for it..

Kage

Gainzilla":i4qhhnzj said:
I had a black SS w/ a Floyd that was one of my favorite all time guitars and it got ripped off :gethim: The dayglo is cool but without a floyd, its worthless to me but Id be willing to bet that you could get a decent amount for it..

Kage

Whats decent money to you?

Just looked at the guitar...

Problem is, it's such an '80s' graphic. I see some killer Jacksons that have rare graphics but they are so bizarre that only collectors are going to pay decent money for them. There's a jackson graphic that has a weird face on it and geometric objects in the background, and some 'pop art' ones that kinda remind me a little of this.

If it was a regular SS, I'd say probably $700-$800. The graphic hurts you with the average buyer but probably helps with the hardcore collector.

Pete

Jeff Hilligan":2bah29wv said:
Gainzilla":2bah29wv said:

Kage

1500? you just dont see SS hamers for sale, I dont anyway..

Edit: after what Pete said, I guess that I was pretty far off LOL!!!!

Gainzilla":5q7dy7w8 said:
Jeff Hilligan":5q7dy7w8 said:
Gainzilla":5q7dy7w8 said:

Kage

Heck, I might be just as far off... just seems like the only Hamers that really draw crazy money are super blinged out ones or USA Californians. I've seen super nice Hamer studio archtops for under 1k and that's a steal IMHO.

pete

The lack of a Floyd might actually help this guitar for a Hamer aficionado. The bridge is Hamer's Sustain Block bridge and is *very* sought after by Hamer fans. The Sustain Block was so sought after, that Hamer was forced to start making them again and putting them on guitars after they hadn't made the Sustain Block for years.

In all honesty I have never seen an SS with a Sustain Block bridge, but these weren't the guitars that got me interested in Hamer guitars so it just might be that I wasn't paying attention.

Either way, that is a kick ass guitar and probably very rare.

I put up a post on the Hamer Fan Club site, the guys over there really know their shit(some actually worked for Hamer) and will at least give us a decent ballpark from which to work.

edgarallanpoe":3v7zmizw said:
The lack of a Floyd might actually help this guitar for a Hamer aficionado. The bridge is Hamer's Sustain Block bridge and is *very* sought after by Hamer fans. The Sustain Block was so sought after, that Hamer was forced to start making them again and putting them on guitars after they hadn't made the Sustain Block for years.

In all honesty I have never seen an SS with a Sustain Block bridge, but these weren't the guitars that got me interested in Hamer guitars so it just might be that I wasn't paying attention.

I put up a post on the Hamer Fan Club site, the guys over there really know their shit(some actually worked for Hamer) and will at least give us a decent ballpark from which to work.

thanks man!

You can probably boost it's value at least 300 or 400 dollars more if you make a video of yourself playing Lay It Down with it.

edgarallanpoe":12yu1xp9 said:

I've seen sustain block late 70s-early 80s Hamer specials well under a grand. It's amazing how these guitars are usually undervalued. Oh, I forgot the Hamer standards seem to hold value well too.

Pete

Yeah the Cali Elites esp with maple bodies are holding very feel value wise, mint can grab over $2000.

Monaco resale is crazy, waiting to hit one soon over at TGP if he goes down any further. I could give a crap about re-sale in regards to Hamer as I know what they are and I have no plans of flipping them. I have a Diablo in great shape and braz rosewood fret board that I paid $400 for, outstanding shredder.

I've seen sustain block late 70s-early 80s Hamer specials well under a grand.

That is true, but the Special was a lower rated guitar than a Sunburst or a Standard. The Special was the economy model.

The SS was an elite Hamer model of the time. Couple that with the graphic and sustain block and my guess is that it will be more valuable than a simple Special.

I’d love to purchase this guitar if you still had it or know where it is.

I played a 1991 USA Centaura for 20 yrs. Those will go for 1K, Californians prob 1500-2K. A USA SS to the right buyer is 2k IMO.

Back