What's your favorite modded / hot rodded Marshall?

• Thread starter Thread starter RealAmpsAreDead
  • Start date Start date
RealAmpsAreDead
RealAmpsAreDead
Show me your favorite modded or hot rodded Marshalls!

Here are mine:

Folkesson modded Ceriatone:

Origin 20 - Headfirst Mod:

My favorite modded Marshall tone for most purposes is my Mesa Triple Recto Rev G

-
A little closer to home, I have a Ceriatone King Kong (similar to Chupacabra/Yeti) which is pretty damn nasty for a certain kind of sound, but my favorite is a 2006 Splawn Quickrod in 3rd gear, blows my mind all the time. Haven't had the chance to try some of the fancier modders yet though, so I'm basing it only off of amps I've owned/played in the room.

My 5 gain stage Hermansom jcm 800 is my fav . It’s got the Marshall dna and even more . Get all 6 switches with Punch and Tight knob and it’s an encyclopedia of tone imo
You ever hear anything from him?

My 1969 Nick modded Marshall Superlead...started life as a Major PA but someone put a pair of 70s Superlead transformers in, and re wired it as a Superlead. Thick like an Uber and angry like an Aldrich.
Only modded Marshall that rivals this one, of all that I've had was the first Cameron, a modern modded 2203X.

Headfirst Atla. Followed close by the Skeleton Key and then a monomyth modded 1974 Plexi.

I'm going to add a ground zero and another Monomyth this year hopefully. If that doesn't pan out though I would be perfectly content with the Atla. It just doesn't have a weak spot on it. It can do everything I want. Probably the first channel switcher that I've owned where I spend equal amount on each channel.

My Wizard w800 100w. Based on the vintage classic. Take a jcm 800, make it bigger, tighter and with more usable gain and eq options, plus a great boost. Also super versatile: the combination of the contour/eq-shift can take you from dimed blackface to jcm 800 to beyond. A bit more bouncy/vintage than the Modern Classic and feels great to play. Brash and angry mids....takes boosts like a champ! View attachment 20230405_162317.jpg

Back