Who Was the Better Duo; Michael Wilton/Chris DeGarmo or Dave Snake Sabo/Scotti Hill?

Better Duo

• Total voters
God damn Andy Larocque's phrasing is so instantly recognizable and good

I remember the first time I heard slaughter of the soul

I didn't know Andy guested on the album

And the literal first phrase he plays

I was like "holy shit that's andy larocque"

He's one of those lead players, irrespective of album sales or technical ability, like Yngwie, who is literally INSTANTLY RECOGNIZABLE

Not that he is in play here but I love me some Andy. You are right instantly recognizable with the siren whammy trick and ascending/descending lick.

There's always one guy isn't there.... :D Why don't you start a separate Voting thread on those guys instead?
OK, how about, who is a better guitar player Yngwie or Elmo?

proxy-image.jpg

I liked Skid Row but I never considered anything they did "different" They had some great songs, great tones but it never really broke any new ground.
The first time I heard the Rage for Order album it changed everything for me. I watched them perform that and The Warning flawlessly live 3 times on that tour. The way they wrote songs and structured the guitar parts was jaw dropping because it was so different from everything else going on at the time. Huge influence

But I totally get not everyone feels that way

Dig early Queensryche, the EP and Warning . I thought they had a big Iron Maiden vibe back then . Saw them a lot back in the day 83,86,88 and 91. Great live band . Never was a fan of Skid Row but saw them open for Aerosmith in 90 and GnR in 91. They were a tight live band I’ll say that . Anyways I’ll go with DeGarmo and Wilton

I can’t hum or recall a single queensryche song even if a gun was pointed to my head.

But I can hum, sing along, and recall countless skid row songs all day long.

I don’t care QR has more intertwined guitar playing. Skid Row wrote flat out bangers their entire career and will go down in history as well known badasses for it.

Back