Why do DIEZEL amplifier not come with footswitch??

I bought a new Hagen about 6 months ago and it came with a power cord and a manual, small manual but explained the midi setup easy enough. I use a cheap midi footswitch. Would be cool if it came with a footswitch, but not a big deal for me either way.

It's a way to save money. I have a drawer fully of amp footswitches that have never been out of the protective plastic, Uber Ultra, XTC, 5150 III, JP2C etc.

Many guitarists that buy more expensive amps switch them via MIDI and pedalboard switching systems.

But at the endo of the day, amp manufacturers that don't come with footswitches don't seem to have any problems selling them.

A lot of people already have a foot pedal or other way to control the amp and don't need a pedal. The real question is why pay for a pedal if you don't want or need one ?

To those that have mentioned the amp being priced higher if a footswitch was included... I would argue that shouldn't a basic footswitch for channel switching that amounts to $10 worth of parts be included free of charge as a curtesy to the customer?

To those that have mentioned the amp being priced higher if a footswitch was included... I would argue that shouldn't a basic footswitch for channel switching that amounts to $10 worth of parts be included free of charge as a curtesy to the customer?
If you look at most of the multi channel amps the pedals are in the $150-$300 range. It's a lot more than ten dollars in parts.

If you look at most of the multi channel amps the pedals are in the $150-$300 range. It's a lot more than ten dollars in parts.

I'm wasn't talking anything fancy. Just a simple 2 button footswitch; like those generic ones that you can buy $20 retail, for basic channel switching to get you started. That's not too much of an ask as a curtesy after spending thousands on an amp.

1726839866905.png

I'm wasn't talking anything fancy. Just a simple 2 button footswitch; like those generic ones that you can buy $20 retail, for basic channel switching to get you started. That's not too much of an ask as a curtesy after spending thousands on an amp.

View attachment 344540
I already have about ten of those. I really don't need a other one. It wouldn't work with any of the Diezel amps if I remember correctly.

It's BS. Wanna charge me 3-4K for your amp, provide a footswitch so I can access the channels and features. Pissed me off when I bought a Herbert when they came out

Last edited:
It's BS. Wanna charge me 3-4K for your amp, provide a footswitch so I can access the channels and features. Pissed me off when I bought a Herbert when they came out
They should come with the manual footswitches period, if you want to switch MIDI then then is up to the owner to change out the regular footswitch.

An expensive boutique multi channel amp without a footswitch is like selling a BMW with no steering wheel and no transmission shifter.:unsure::dunno:

A lot of people already have a foot pedal or other way to control the amp and don't need a pedal. The real question is why pay for a pedal if you don't want or need one ?
This is how I feel about amps with built in load boxes

Back