Why so many amps?

• Thread starter Thread starter Smash
  • Start date Start date
@Smashedguitaris⸸ do you eat the same thing for dinner every night? why not?

I was talking with @Techdeth and then started wondering about others such as @RedB4Black What makes you guys want so many amps?
I have two vintage twin reverbs and I just had them rebuilt so I'm good to go for the rest of my life. Probably not the greatest all time amp (or maybe is?) but they sound good and are rugged so I feel pretty spoiled with just those. Wants vs needs. Value for dollar. Live cheap, play more.

I have two vintage twin reverbs and I just had them rebuilt so I'm good to go for the rest of my life. Probably not the greatest all time amp (or maybe is?) but they sound good and are rugged so I feel pretty spoiled with just those. Wants vs needs. Value for dollar. Live cheap, play more.
Can't argue with that. So much you can do with a twin.

Have you tried a Nobles ODR-1 with those twins?

Have you tried a Nobles ODR-1 with those twins?
No but I would like to. I really wanted the Noble Screamer but it don't take batteries and it was a deal breaker.. Plus I got a Blue Note that has worked out well both as an OD for low volume shows and as a highly adjustable clean-ish boost with the amp cranked. Lots of adjustment within a very small range of drive so pretty tunable to my needs.

Reactions: Geo
So many great amps. So little time.
My rotation has changed over the years. Some stay some go.

Why limit yourself to jus one flavor.

They’re all fun to play and each just sound badass. I’d rather own a select few that are the best at what they do then try to make one amp do everything which isn’t possible.

Well, there goes my dreams.

Love your guitars, Yehuda.
IMG_4696.jpeg

I was telling techdeth, i am a little ocd. I definitely agree that what Matt does makes more sense than me. He plays all of his amps and cabs.

But for me, i would be thinking of maintaining all those caps and tubes and shit. Just like when i have guitars and have to change strings on more than one..

Good thing is, these amp fests spoil me. People like Matt keep the best amps around for me to try when i get the itch

Back