Winger - ProgPower USA

• Thread starter Thread starter Webb
  • Start date Start date
Webb
Webb
I know Winger was an easy target for the butt of many jokes over the years but they really are great musicians. They just played their "Pull" cd live in its entirety at ProgPower USA and it sounds incredible. I was never the biggest Winger fan but thought "Pull" was an underrated record. Kip doesn't do his ballet moves much anymore (thankfully) but his voice has really held up.

I know Winger was an easy target for the butt of many jokes over the years but they really are great musicians. They just played their "Pull" cd live in its entirety at ProgPower USA and it sounds incredible. I was never the biggest Winger fan but thought "Pull" was an underrated record. Kip doesn't do his ballet moves much anymore (thankfully) but his voice has really held up.

I've always been a fan of Pull...still listen to it every few months.
Who's the one is a great track.

Winger is one of the most underrated bands out there, the talent those guys possess is crazy and Kip is an amazing writer. If you haven't checked out his solo albums I definitely recommend them, not as rock oriented as winger but damn good music, Andy Timmons played on all 3 solo albums I believe. Check them out. Thanks for posting this video.

It was a great set. Not one weak musician in that lineup.
This was the 2nd year I have been retired from that fest (was guitar tech and stage manager for 20 years), but I was told by the current stage manager and the promoter that they were awesome to work with, including advancing and preproduction.

Back