Yer Mesa's are going to be boat anchors in a couple years ...

• Thread starter Thread starter shar-vell Dan
  • Start date Start date
Maybe Gibson will start making Mesa amps that are much easier to work on.

Naaaaaah. That makes too much sense.

what was the problem? 3's and iv's are not fucking rocket science, they're just tight spaces to work in. I'm by no means a real tech, but i've recapped and serviced 3's and my IVa (as well a dc-5, .50+, and .22+'s). If you know the quirks of vintage boogies, its really just about being careful and strategic.

if i had one of these modern boogies with 10 mute circuits, 25 relays, ribbon cables, etc, i wouldn't be able to deal with that.
I just think he hates Mesa and did t want to even do all of it . It was caps and more . Mike B did an unreal job . My mk 3++ green even can do modern times with my 8 string . The clarity was unreal straight in

I just think he hates Mesa and did t want to even do all of it . It was caps and more . Mike B did an unreal job . My mk 3++ green even can do modern times with my 8 string . The clarity was unreal straight in
I have a III++ greenie that is an absolute monster. I loved it before the mod, and it was already nasty, but it came back extra savage.

dont-smoke-crack-waterboy.gif

I’m sorry, but why is it that Mesas would become boat anchors? Did every tech at Mesa walk out and I’m just not aware of it? Even when Mike B. retires, they still have in-house techs that are well equipped to repair their amps. They may not know how to do his mods, but they know how to service their various products.

And there may be a lot of independent techs out there that don’t like to work on Mesas, for whatever reason, but there are also many that do.

I’m sorry, but why is it that Mesas would become boat anchors? Did every tech at Mesa walk out and I’m just not aware of it? Even when Mike B. retires, they still have in-house techs that are well equipped to repair their amps. They may not know how to do his mods, but they know how to service their various products.

And there may be a lot of independent techs out there that don’t like to work on Mesas, for whatever reason, but there are also many that do.
Naw. Dan is just a douche.

How long will those optoisolators be functional? That was always a question I had. And items like the Triaxis use a bunch of them.

But if Mesa's become boat anchors then so will Kitchen Sink Friedmans so there CDan. \:D/

How long will those optoisolators be functional? That was always a question I had. And items like the Triaxis use a bunch of them.

But if Mesa's become boat anchors then so will Kitchen Sink Friedmans so there CDan. \:D/
Never. Yer just tit for tatting cuz you don't like what i say.
Love Mesa, but not sustainable. R. Smith is gone and so is the Mesa i know and care about.
You think Cesaer Romero from the Gap is capable of Thermionic Valve Engineering complex circuits & problems ?
Partry on Wayne.
ceasar-joker-batman.jpg

Last edited:
Between my four rectifiers I'm sure at least one will outlast me lol.
Only one of them has ever needed service yet, and that was my 95 dual needing some new caps, a couple new pots, a loose chassis ground fixed, and by choice a different effects-loop jack to convert it to their original factory lossless serial loop.

My 1999 tremoverb has not yet had any issues with the LDRs, although I rarely do any footswitching, or switching at all on the fly.

edit; I do plenty of switching on my board with individual pedals, but not any foot-switching on the tremoverb once it's powered on.
On my MW Triple I always use the amp's footswitch for various things, channels, loop, mute, solo,. But of course it has the 3+3 switch.

Last edited:
I have a III++ greenie that is an absolute monster. I loved it before the mod, and it was already nasty, but it came back extra savage.
Hell ya you know . I think it’s the best Mesa ever

Mesa single handedly defined an entire generation of rock and grunge built on the back of 80’s metal. I’d argue they’re even a staple for heavier genres. They aren’t going anywhere anytime soon and I’d argue they’re in more demand now than ever.

Gibson knew of their potential and Mesa will go farther now than if Randall were to retire without financial backing from a larger company.

At least Gibson is in the music industry. We all should not need to be reminded of Gibson being acquired by a concrete manufacturing company during the Norlin era.

At least Gibson is in the music industry. We all should not need to be reminded of Gibson being acquired by a concrete manufacturing company during the Norlin era.
Wonder if the concrete had anything to do with Norlin LPC's being 14 pound boat anchors ?

MESA is pure "Yup... still a Virgin at 60 who loves Dale Earnhardt" fuel, it's wholesome and saves you lots of trouble 👌

Back