2nd run CCV?

21_guitars

It is almost the end of March. Will it ever happen? Or has the project been scraped for the Atomica?

I have been waiting a very, very, very long time. :gethim:

21_guitars":26z384nx said:
Thanks, my "No Amp For You" t-shirt is worn out. :D

You thought we were kidding with those shirts. :LOL: :LOL:

Will post an update on CCV's as soon as I get it back from George

Yeah, me too!!! I have to break out my "No Amp For You" shirt and wear it everyday until I get my amp!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I know Brad and George will deliver though!!! Just sucks to wait this long, but I know it will be worth the wait since I have played through one of these and they rock!!!! :rock: :rock: :rock:

Do you guys have a clue what George has to do to build these amps? On the older CCV's the components are mostly under the board. I imagine he must have to redesign the PCB's in order to bring the components topside. Way too hard to build and service the other way. George already posted the CCV is a challenge for him. Give Brad a break. I never bugged him when my first run CCV went months late because of unforssen issues that were expected with a new amp line.

glip22":3ad8rv0k said:
Do you guys have a clue what George has to do to build these amps? On the older CCV's the components are mostly under the board. I imagine he must have to redesign the PCB's in order to bring the components topside. Way too hard to build and service the other way. George already posted the CCV is a challenge for him. Give Brad a break. I never bugged him when my first run CCV went months late because of unforssen issues that were expected with a new amp line.
Yea, what was Cameron thinking when he designed an amp upside down? I was shocked when I opened it up. :confused:

LP Freak":l2o3ado2 said:
glip22":l2o3ado2 said:
Yea, what was Cameron thinking when he designed an amp upside down? I was shocked when I opened it up. :confused:

It saves a ton of money on goop. :LOL: :LOL:

Gearhog":38a43fc5 said:
LP Freak":38a43fc5 said:
glip22":38a43fc5 said:

It saves a ton of money on goop. :LOL: :LOL:
:thumbsup:

Hey gents, I do have updates on CCV progress. Unfortunately, it's not that they are ready to ship. My apologies.

I am devoting all my time to getting the Atomicas out the door and finishing the CCV design. Mechanically the CCV is fully redesigned, with attention to keeping the aesthetics true to Mark's design.
Electronically, the circuit has been optimized - but only non tone affecting parts were changed.
We have a third party handling the new PC board layout as it was too complicated for me to handle, I have done primarily PTP layouts. There are so many critical areas in that circuit that it must be done by a pro with lots of experience. Otherwise the amp can be unstable and/of lose tone.

As painful as the wait has been, not to mention the bad history surrounding these amps, please know that they WILL be here. The new design will be better in many ways, and it will be an amp that we can produce efficiently. This next era CCV will be worth the wait, I promise.

George

Thanks so much for the hard work George :thumbsup:
and Brad too !!!

Do you foresee a shipping date ?

Please share (even it'll hurt to read it).

Martin

Just for the sake of interest, George mentions that the CCV is rather complicated...who will service a first run CCV should it require warranty service?

I really, really (did I say really?) dig my CCV, and am trying to avoid being scared to use it outside the house like I have sort of been with other, higher-end pieces of gear.

A time estimate for amp delivery would be greatly appreciated by most of the folks who are waiting for this amp to be finished.

Not trying to be a complete fucking asshole here but...

Probably gonna be a while econ. Sounds like in the post that the PCB's are still being transposed/re-arranged/redesigned. Once thats done, they need to produce the prototype board set. Send the set to George. Build one, test it, change it, test it and sign off on it (Who signs off on the re-arranged amp?). Make the boards for the lot of CCVs on order. Send the boards, build'em (I get the inclination the chassis are gonna be affected here also possibly), test and ship them. I'm gonna speculate, and say the fall....

If I'm wrong here please feel free to correct me. But I just lost my enthusiasm for this amp with someone elses hands re-arranging the existing design. Sorry George, no disrespect intended here.

What was wrong with the board the way it was? Is it just to complicated for you to assemble or are there problems with it?

Back