2nd run CCV?

glip22":12i8nlhv said:
The second run CCV will be worth it. George is ten times or more the builder the first run builder was and those amps sounded very good. You guys should be happy George is building them. Lets just say they will be free of issues which means a whole lot :thumbsup: That will make your wait worth it. How would you like it if you waited six months and your amp had issues when you got it? That would ruin the entire wait and excitement of getting a CCV. Wouldn't it? I may be getting in line for another CCV when these get moving. George kicks ass. One of the best. Be happy some pedal maker who knows shit about amp building is not building your CCV. You guys are getting updates from The Man himself. What more do you want?

+1

Any amp that George and Dave are involved with will be killer. Yeah the time delay sucks but you will get one hell of an amp.

King Guitar":3jr7gb52 said:
Rayneman":3jr7gb52 said:
Just for the sake of interest, George mentions that the CCV is rather complicated...who will service a first run CCV should it require warranty service?

I really, really (did I say really?) dig my CCV, and am trying to avoid being scared to use it outside the house like I have sort of been with other, higher-end pieces of gear.

All warranty work on all Camerons produced by us is handled by none other than Dave Friedman so no worries there.

That's like Marcellus Wallace telling Jules he's sending the Wolf. :LOL: :LOL:

Excellent.

50MkII":3hdj3rl3 said:
King Guitar":3hdj3rl3 said:
You will be happy when you get the amp and I tell you what, I will offer all 2nd run guys a $300 credit off of a matching Cameron 4x12 Cabinet if ordered when your CCV is shipping as a goodwill gesture. :cheers:

Anyone looking at getting a 4x12 to compliment your CCV or pair with a CCV would be wise to take Brad up on that offer. I own one and that price is worth it, IMO. I currently own (4) other 4x12's all from different manufacturers and the Cameron pairs well with my CCV. Quest forth.

Definitively a great offer by Brad!!! I ordered the cab (upgraded to the original design specs) around the same time I ordered the amp. I played through the CCV and CCV 4X12 at the LA amp show and I was impressed!!!! I had a huge smile on my face!!! :D :D :D

Thank you George for sharing this information. I look forward to getting what will be an awesome amp.

Personally I want to spend money on these products more then ever now that I'm hearing that George is involved to build these. Keep up the great work guys. Rock on.

Velvetgeorge":6ax3eceq said:
.....the CCV really is an amp that can rise above the history and adversity we're facing to make it. I'll do my part to stay true to the original vision for this amp. And I will be at the front of the line when it's time to toast single malt whiskey to the completed project. Better make mine a double.

George

Hell of an update, George. And, yes, please stick to single malt - don't let Brad start hitting the tequila. The history around Brad and tequila is almost as sordid as the history around Mark Cameron! :LOL: :LOL:

rlord1974":1urdvck9 said:
Velvetgeorge":1urdvck9 said:
.....the CCV really is an amp that can rise above the history and adversity we're facing to make it. I'll do my part to stay true to the original vision for this amp. And I will be at the front of the line when it's time to toast single malt whiskey to the completed project. Better make mine a double.

George

Hell of an update, George. And, yes, please stick to single malt - don't let Brad start hitting the tequila. The history around Brad and tequila is almost as sordid as the history around Mark Cameron! :LOL: :LOL:
It was Scotch :LOL: :LOL:

Just thinking out loud here, (which is often dangerous), but it seems to me that moving the component structure around, in the chassis and topsides will have some negative impact on replicating the original tone and character of the CCV. Maybe the original lack of Mark's logic in modern amp design has a dramatic impact on the output of the amp and what Mark was satisfied with, tonally. Redesigning the amp with CAD is certainly going to be different than designing with the ears. The resulting amp may sound good, but I don't see how it can be identical.

steve_k":2xxin357 said:
Just thinking out load here, (which is often dangerous), but it seems to me that moving the component structure around, in the chassis and topsides will have some negative impact on replicating the original tone and character of the CCV. Maybe the original lack of Mark's logic in modern amp design has a dramatic impact on the output of the amp and what Mark was satisfied with, tonally. Redesigning the amp with CAD is certainly going to be different than designing with the ears. The resulting amp may sound good, but I don't see how it can be identical.
If you are thinking out Load, you are definitely very dangerous. :LOL: :LOL:

glip22":3oimvr8o said:
steve_k":3oimvr8o said:
Just thinking out load here, (which is often dangerous), but it seems to me that moving the component structure around, in the chassis and topsides will have some negative impact on replicating the original tone and character of the CCV. Maybe the original lack of Mark's logic in modern amp design has a dramatic impact on the output of the amp and what Mark was satisfied with, tonally. Redesigning the amp with CAD is certainly going to be different than designing with the ears. The resulting amp may sound good, but I don't see how it can be identical.
If you are thinking out Load, you are definitely very dangerous. :LOL: :LOL:

such as purfexuniss..... :LOL: :LOL:

steve_k":2b1ozdnk said:
Just thinking out loud here, (which is often dangerous), but it seems to me that moving the component structure around, in the chassis and topsides will have some negative impact on replicating the original tone and character of the CCV. Maybe the original lack of Mark's logic in modern amp design has a dramatic impact on the output of the amp and what Mark was satisfied with, tonally. Redesigning the amp with CAD is certainly going to be different than designing with the ears. The resulting amp may sound good, but I don't see how it can be identical.

I understand your point and you are correct. In my opinion the whole idea behind manufacturing the ccv is to capture "the ccv" and its character and tone. I do not think the way it is manufactured should matter (other than quality issues) as long as the amp nails the sound.

When you buy a new Cameron amp you are buying amps based off of his design, not amps he built. This is all that should matter to the prospective buyer. If someone needs to buy an amp Mark himself worked on, you need to look elsewhere.

Understandably this distinction can get blurred but it is important to understand ( I am not suggesting you don't get it :) ).

Once people start buying and enjoying the new amps for what they are most of this debate should go away.

Steve, I never played an original ccv or anything Mark modded so I cannot compare the new to old. Its a shame he couldn't keep it together enough to work with Brad, Dave, Rob, and George. as an Atomica owner I am glad those guys are building off of Marks designs, I have a hell of a good amp.
Hmmm, speaking of hell, I'll have to play some of highway to hell at church in the morning. :rock: :rock:

guitarmike":3a6qvtig said:
When you buy a new Cameron amp you are buying amps based off of his design

I completely disagree. I posted a deposit in Oct 2011 for a 2nd run CCV. A design by Mark Cameron. I do not want an instance of his production CCV redesigned by someone else in any manner.

Being an Electrical Engineer and a Project Manger consultant, the language George uses in his update post on the 2nd run CCV clearly informs me I'm getting a perverted version of Mark Cameron's production design.

bhuard75":38y8k6hj said:
guitarmike":38y8k6hj said:

I completely disagree. I posted a deposit in Oct 2011 for a 2nd run CCV. A design by Mark Cameron. I do not want an instance of his production CCV redesigned by someone else in any manner.

Being an Electrical Engineer and a Project Manger consultant, the language George uses in his update post on the 2nd run CCV clearly informs me I'm getting a perverted version of Mark Cameron's production design.

Oh dear.....

CotonTrainCrashLL.jpg

glip22":33fkujyg said:
rlord1974":33fkujyg said:
.....please stick to single malt - don't let Brad start hitting the tequila. The history around Brad and tequila is almost as sordid as the history around Mark Cameron! :LOL: :LOL:

It was Scotch :LOL: :LOL:

Perhaps Shirley Temples then? :hys:

Sorry, Brad! ;)

guitarmike":j1wsasvp said:
steve_k":j1wsasvp said:

I understand your point and you are correct. In my opinion the whole idea behind manufacturing the ccv is to capture "the ccv" and its character and tone. I do not think the way it is manufactured should matter (other than quality issues) as long as the amp nails the sound.

When you buy a new Cameron amp you are buying amps based off of his design, not amps he built. This is all that should matter to the prospective buyer. If someone needs to buy an amp Mark himself worked on, you need to look elsewhere.

Understandably this distinction can get blurred but it is important to understand ( I am not suggesting you don't get it :) ).

Once people start buying and enjoying the new amps for what they are most of this debate should go away.

Steve, I never played an original ccv or anything Mark modded so I cannot compare the new to old. Its a shame he couldn't keep it together enough to work with Brad, Dave, Rob, and George. as an Atomica owner I am glad those guys are building off of Marks designs, I have a hell of a good amp.
Hmmm, speaking of hell, I'll have to play some of highway to hell at church in the morning. :rock: :rock:

I was really just waxing shit on a semi-technical level. With V1/V2 being the input/CF for channel 2 - it gets the first cut of voltage. If logic puts things accordingly, then it goes the other way around and stacks gain for clean to high gain. Also, with the reliance heavily on diode clipping for channel 2, long runs and tails may get noisy. Grounding in the amp and A/C heater runs are to be considered as well. And, with the 570V to the plates, there are some other issues to be looked at in a redesign. Moving things around may affect the overall response of the amp, is all. Marshall clones are set up just like the originals, just like Metro's, for replication of tone - not to look alike.

But, then again.....I have owned 3 original CCV's and have none now. They all 3 sounded different because of component changes or based on availability. For me though, it is Mark's mods that are unequaled and what I chose to keep and use.

Carry on......

steve_k":3su2mnq7 said:
guitarmike":3su2mnq7 said:
steve_k":3su2mnq7 said:

I was really just waxing shit on a semi-technical level. With V1/V2 being the input/CF for channel 2 - it gets the first cut of voltage. If logic puts things accordingly, then it goes the other way around and stacks gain for clean to high gain. Also, with the reliance heavily on diode clipping for channel 2, long runs and tails may get noisy. Grounding in the amp and A/C heater runs are to be considered as well. And, with the 570V to the plates, there are some other issues to be looked at in a redesign. Moving things around may affect the overall response of the amp, is all. Marshall clones are set up just like the originals, just like Metro's, for replication of tone - not to look alike.

But, then again.....I have owned 3 original CCV's and have none now. They all 3 sounded different because of component changes or based on availability. For me though, it is Mark's mods that are unequaled and what I chose to keep and use.

Carry on......
You can bet the George built amps will be regulated DC heaters not AC like the first run. Not sure if that has a tonal effect or not. Definitely quieter with the DC.

glip22":1i7mygol said:
steve_k":1i7mygol said:
guitarmike":1i7mygol said:
steve_k":1i7mygol said:

Carry on......
You can bet the George built amps will be regulated DC heaters not AC like the first run. Not sure if that has a tonal effect or not. Definitely quieter with the DC.
My first run is as quiet as any amp I've ever own. Even at the highest levels of gain. :rock:

LP Freak":351elk8n said:
glip22":351elk8n said:
steve_k":351elk8n said:
guitarmike":351elk8n said:
steve_k":351elk8n said:

Carry on......
My first run is as quiet as any amp I've ever own. Even at the highest levels of gain. :rock:
^^^This....I have one of the first run CCV's also and have no noise issues or problems at all....Sounds killer :rock:

bhuard75":2kmef1hb said:
guitarmike":2kmef1hb said:

Do you really think that Brad, George, Dave or the rest of the Cameron crew is going to put out an amp that is not true in tone to the 1st run production CCVs? Hell what do I know? Nothing really!! I am not an electrical engineer nor anything even close and I do not know if the CCV redesign will impact the overall tone and feel of the amp.. I am just a plug and play guitar player (do not get into details of power amp and preamp tubes as far as experimenting with different makes or brands) and all I want is a great sounding amp that sounded like the ones I heard at the LA amp show!!!

I admit the thought of a redesign had me a bit nervous, but if these Atomica amps are indicative, then I don't think there's anything to worry about. I'm sure a redesign isn't as scary as it sounds and have faith in these guys.

Back