2nd run CCV?

King Guitar":4yi66q97 said:
Hey Guys,

Here is the latest.

Once mark was completely out of the picture, Dave Friedman, Rob, George Metropolous and i decided to completely redesign the CCV. This was done for several reasons. Mostly because we wanted a much more reliable, quieter amp that would be much easier to service. Also, we really wanted to take advantage of some of the cool options like midi and the new metro loop.

So we had to contract a pcb board designer to create the board. The guy we hired, designed the metro loop. he ended up having health issues and strung us around for a few months until we had to go to Ron from RJM to handle this task. Problem with Ron is that his time is in high demand from other companies for design work.

After waiting for a couple of months Ron, George and Dave started work on the improved CCV MK2.

We just finished the board a couple of weeks ago. The new CCV MK2 will have the midi leds in front of the amp and now there will be a midi foot switchable line level and pedal level metro fx loop.

We are really excited about the new amp. As far as time line, we are still looking at about two months. We have to build the proto and make sure everything is perfect, then we will start manufacturing.

I know its a long time to wait and it has been a learning experience for us as well but in the end we want to delver the most kick ass amp we can and we will.
Plan on at least two iterations of the PCB from the first, Brad. No way it's gonna rock on the first (or second) layout... My experience anyway... something always gets by the design process...

Steve

I think I have everything I need now to finish my mechanical design on the chassis. That's a big hurdle and I'm happy to move past it. Real progress.

Hey, I need to clarify that Steve Miller was never stringing me along on this project. He was clear from the start that he wasn't able to commit at that time. I just hoped that situation would change and he would be involved in some fashion. He is a terrific engineer and I have been really happy with every project we have done together, so it was a no-brainer for me to want him on board.

It sounds like Dave spotted a few things on the first revision of the board and Ron is updating. As painfully slow as this process has felt to many, it is moving along. I'm as happy as you are at this news since I too have a vested interest in these amps being built.

George

Agreed. Do it right and make a killer amp that we'll hold onto. We definitely appreciate everyone's effort who is involved in this operation. :rock: As much as I was concerned about Mark not being on board for the making of these, the Atomica sounds amazing and was done without Mark's help, so that says a lot.

se7en":22iipus9 said:
Agreed. Do it right and make a killer amp that we'll hold onto. We definitely appreciate everyone's effort who is involved in this operation. :rock: As much as I was concerned about Mark not being on board for the making of these, the Atomica sounds amazing and was done without Mark's help, so that says a lot.

+1 :thumbsup:

On May 31, Brad posted an updated in the thread that said they are about 2 months out (minimum). There might not be any substantive update to provide at this time.

The wheels?.....are in motion.....

It's a long wait but, rest assured, you'll be pleased with the end result. These really are killer amps.

Long long wait....

Update please guys !!!

Last news are a month old... the boardwas done.

Are we still on the timeline saying end of july ?

Martin

Heres a guess. Metro is finishing up a Dirty Shirley run. Next up is Brown Eyes for two -three weeks, maybe four. Next is the Naked. Maybe two weeks. Depending on any other delays such as assembly issues,oscillation or grounding issues,etc to iron out .I would guess 10 weeks more. I am lokoing forward to the reviews on this and how it compares to the original layouts. I am sure there is a reason why Friedman amps are getting priority. Disclosure. I am not sure about the above and the source I received the info from.

rlord1974":2h2qtu9h said:
I know LOTS of things. Just not the precise date when the second run of CCVs will ship... :D

:LOL: :LOL:
You are right
A precise Ccv shipping date can't be a thing to know, more a thing to guess ;-)

glip22":1ry2p7bo said:
Heres a guess. Metro is finishing up a Dirty Shirley run. Next up is Brown Eyes for two -three weeks, maybe four. Next is the Naked. Maybe two weeks. Depending on any other delays such as assembly issues,oscillation or grounding issues,etc to iron out .I would guess 10 weeks more. I am lokoing forward to the reviews on this and how it compares to the original layouts. I am sure there is a reason why Friedman amps are getting priority. Disclosure. I am not sure about the above and the source I received the info from.

Thanks ! I appreciate your post !
That would explain why no news was posted...

I think Brad or Rob definitely need to get back in this topic to clear things up...

mrt01":30cynag5 said:
glip22":30cynag5 said:

Thanks ! I appreciate your post !
That would explain why no news was posted...

I think Brad or Rob definitely need to get back in this topic to clear things up...

I agree!!!

How many are in the 2nd run? Are they all spoken for?

PS; disregard, I saw that there are 15 in the 2nd run as well.

I guess there's still no date on the CCv or the old bitch. I know the CCv is a lot to handle but I figure the old bitch would be fairly easy to get out. It will be cool to hear these though, sure they will sound good.

Back