2nd run CCV?

Superunknown":19fonnir said:
I am hearing some great things about the newly designed CCV :rock:

I would certainly hope so....I'd be very fucking concerned if I were hearing shitty things from the dudes building and selling the amp :LOL: :LOL:

jcj":8qy3oeo4 said:
Superunknown":8qy3oeo4 said:

I would certainly hope so....I'd be very fucking concerned if I were hearing shitty things from the dudes building and selling the amp :LOL: :LOL:
:LOL: :LOL: Hopefully they were able to reverse engineer his Aldrich he was probably in touch with them about when he got this CCV intel. Hey Dudes, WTF, You've had my Aldrich for like 8 months now. Can I please have it back :hys:

glip22":318t4trv said:
jcj":318t4trv said:
Superunknown":318t4trv said:

:LOL: :LOL: Hopefully they were able to reverse engineer his Aldrich he was probably in touch with them about when he got this CCV intel. Hey Dudes, WTF, You've had my Aldrich for like 8 months now. Can I please have it back :hys:

Wow...Rough crowd! My Aldrich is safe and sound here at my house. I actually tracked with it last week. For the record, nobody is reverse engineering any of my amps. The don't need too....

Superunknown":myazqvx1 said:
glip22":myazqvx1 said:
jcj":myazqvx1 said:
Superunknown":myazqvx1 said:

Wow...Rough crowd! My Aldrich is safe and sound here at my house. I actually tracked with it last week. For the record, nobody is reverse engineering any of my amps. The don't need too....

My comment was meant to be funny, not rough. :LOL: :LOL:

jcj":1mtuoo6u said:
Superunknown":1mtuoo6u said:
glip22":1mtuoo6u said:
jcj":1mtuoo6u said:
Superunknown":1mtuoo6u said:

My comment was meant to be funny, not rough. :LOL: :LOL:

I got it Josh :rock:

Update?????

The newly designed board was finished a couple of days ago. (thanx to Ron from RJM) We are now going order a board and build a prototype. The CCV has evolved and I believe guys are gonna be blown away with the new design and features.

We also finished the Old Bitch proto today. :rock:

Doubleneck":2givc74z said:
When I eventually get mine, I hope it was worth the wait.
If it sounds anything like mine from the 1st run you will love it :thumbsup: I have played mine back to back with an older CCV and the new ones have more gain on tap and sound a bit better IMO....Even if i sell mine one day i will still say it is one of the best amps i have ever played :rock:

splawner":gtl3g4pb said:
Doubleneck":gtl3g4pb said:
If it sounds anything like mine from the 1st run you will love it :thumbsup: I have played mine back to back with an older CCV and the new ones have more gain on tap and sound a bit better IMO....Even if i sell mine one day i will still say it is one of the best amps i have ever played :rock:

That depends entirely on what you want to hear/feel, and the particular amps you're comparing.

Jason (jmgman) has played mine (new and old) back to back, and while I really dig the new ones too, they're very different in terms of feel and response.

jcj":1aenmv9b said:
splawner":1aenmv9b said:
Doubleneck":1aenmv9b said:

That depends entirely on what you want to hear/feel, and the particular amps you're comparing.

Jason (jmgman) has played mine (new and old) back to back, and while I really dig the new ones too, they're very different in terms of feel and response.
Ya i agree, I had mine next to psychodave's a few months back and he agreed the new ones had more gain for sure...We had them both set the same and the tone of the both amps were almost exactly alike...I had an old CCV that i bought from Erock a while back and would not trade my new one for it if i had the chance...Big fan of the new ones for sure....Killer amps IMO :thumbsup:

jcj":3k4i6aa2 said:
splawner":3k4i6aa2 said:
Doubleneck":3k4i6aa2 said:

It was really cool to see them both and AB them,not really even a comparison if you ask me,both sounded great but the old one had just this crazy good complexity to the tone and feel,best CCV I've played to date ,but thats me!!!!!

All good, Vince, I dig the new ones too, and have said so since day one... hell, I bought the same new one twice :LOL: :LOL:

We all look for different things in an amp.

What I can absolutely guarantee, is that my particular new one, and my particular old one, are not the same.

In fairness, the old one I have sounds and feels better (to me) than any other CCV I've owned or played (and I've owned and played a LOT of CCVs) :LOL: :LOL:

jcj":25zdmvvu said:
All good, Vince, I dig the new ones too, and have said so since day one... hell, I bought the same new one twice :LOL: :LOL:

What I can absolutely guarantee, is that my particular new one, and my particular old one, are not the same.

In fairness, the old one I have sounds and feels better (to me) than any other CCV I've owned or played (and I've owned and played a LOT of CCVs) :LOL: :LOL:
Very cool, I would love to try out your old CCV.. :rock: Ya for me i like pretty much anything Mark builds (CCV's or Modded stuff) Just works for me :thumbsup:

splawner":3bkiey25 said:
jcj":3bkiey25 said:

Very cool, I would love to try out your old CCV.. :rock: Ya for me i like pretty much anything Mark builds (CCV's or Modded stuff) Just works for me :thumbsup:

If you're ever out this way, just say the word ....Im always down with playing and hanging :rock:

jcj":32x4v7vu said:
splawner":32x4v7vu said:
jcj":32x4v7vu said:

If you're ever out this way, just say the word ....Im always down with playing and hanging :rock:
:rock: Thanks will do!!!

mrt01":3k7v99yp said:
We want to play the 2nd run !

Brad please update !!

:rock:

Response, update, news, anything ? CCV 2nd run still alive ?
It's not enough only to emphasize that "it'll be worth the wait", "at the end everything will be ok" etc.

Facts please !

Hey Guys,

Here is the latest.

Once mark was completely out of the picture, Dave Friedman, Rob, George Metropolous and i decided to completely redesign the CCV. This was done for several reasons. Mostly because we wanted a much more reliable, quieter amp that would be much easier to service. Also, we really wanted to take advantage of some of the cool options like midi and the new metro loop.

So we had to contract a pcb board designer to create the board. The guy we hired, designed the metro loop. he ended up having health issues and strung us around for a few months until we had to go to Ron from RJM to handle this task. Problem with Ron is that his time is in high demand from other companies for design work.

After waiting for a couple of months Ron, George and Dave started work on the improved CCV MK2.

We just finished the board a couple of weeks ago. The new CCV MK2 will have the midi leds in front of the amp and now there will be a midi foot switchable line level and pedal level metro fx loop.

We are really excited about the new amp. As far as time line, we are still looking at about two months. We have to build the proto and make sure everything is perfect, then we will start manufacturing.

I know its a long time to wait and it has been a learning experience for us as well but in the end we want to delver the most kick ass amp we can and we will.

Back