2nd run CCV?

That sounds like months. Ouch!

bhuard75":2spdjpzj said:
Not trying to be a complete fucking asshole here but...

Probably gonna be a while econ. Sounds like in the post that the PCB's are still being transposed/re-arranged/redesigned. Once thats done, they need to produce the prototype board set. Send the set to George. Build one, test it, change it, test it and sign off on it (Who signs off on the re-arranged amp?). Make the boards for the lot of CCVs on order. Send the boards, build'em (I get the inclination the chassis are gonna be affected here also possibly), test and ship them. I'm gonna speculate, and say the fall....

If I'm wrong here please feel free to correct me. But I just lost my enthusiasm for this amp with someone elses hands re-arranging the existing design. Sorry George, no disrespect intended here.

joepete77":2h7k04fw said:
What was wrong with the board the way it was? Is it just to complicated for you to assemble or are there problems with it?

I'd like to know the answer to this as well.

I hope there's nothing wrong with the current design, I have to say it is one serious, motherf*cker of an amp. I am hoping its built to last a long time.

I'm reading the PCB has already been redesigned and is currently beeing build by a 3-rd party ???

I assume, the 3-rd party has some kind of contract with schedule for delivering the PCBs ?

Then George would build/assemble them following that development line ?

We need light here :confused:

maybe a beacon to stare at, when the sun comes down, thinking of a future honeymoon with the CCVs ...

Econ":1ldlw4om said:
That sounds like months. Ouch!

bhuard75":1ldlw4om said:

Probably gonna be a while econ. Sounds like in the post that the PCB's are still being transposed/re-arranged/redesigned. Once thats done, they need to produce the prototype board set. Send the set to George. Build one, test it, change it, test it and sign off on it (Who signs off on the re-arranged amp?). Make the boards for the lot of CCVs on order. Send the boards, build'em (I get the inclination the chassis are gonna be affected here also possibly), test and ship them. I'm gonna speculate, and say the fall....

If I'm wrong here please feel free to correct me. But I just lost my enthusiasm for this amp with someone elses hands re-arranging the existing design. Sorry George, no disrespect intended here.

Rayneman":1bsjsm1g said:
Just for the sake of interest, George mentions that the CCV is rather complicated...who will service a first run CCV should it require warranty service?

I really, really (did I say really?) dig my CCV, and am trying to avoid being scared to use it outside the house like I have sort of been with other, higher-end pieces of gear.

All warranty work on all Camerons produced by us is handled by none other than Dave Friedman so no worries there.

Econ":2q3l84wz said:
A time estimate for amp delivery would be greatly appreciated by most of the folks who are waiting for this amp to be finished.

Its so hard to say, I will leave it to George to post that as he is the once building it.

bhuard75":2oto2i1u said:

Not that long...The deal is that the way the CCV was layer out it was not at all feasible to built din any reliable way with the board flipped upside down (this has nothing to do with tone and the way the amp sounds, just neurosis that someone would "steal" the design by looking at it).

Thats the reason we had to delay it out so they can be built in a reliable way. We are doing NOTHING that would effect the tone of the original design, just organizing the ingredients for consistency. It has to be done now with the temporary pain to ensure we can build them with out any delay going forward. The chassis are not affected at all.

Rayneman":37jpgjpw said:
joepete77":37jpgjpw said:
What was wrong with the board the way it was? Is it just to complicated for you to assemble or are there problems with it?

I'd like to know the answer to this as well.

I hope there's nothing wrong with the current design, I have to say it is one serious, motherf*cker of an amp. I am hoping its built to last a long time.

There is nothing wrong with the current design other than it is really hard to build with the board flipped upside down. No worries to the first run guys we guarantee them and will work on them but to build them when you can see anything is not optimal.

21_guitars":2rsoibvp said:
We'll just have to wait and hope for the best, remember that George and Dave have some experience with amp building. :D

They will be awesome just like the Atomica and the first run CCV. They won't look any different, they will just be easier to build efficiently. The reason we had to build them like that before is Mark insisted on nobody being able too see his design. We had lots of spirited discussion of how hard it would be to flip everything upside down. Now that Mark is gone and we are left to produce the design reliably we are putting things back the logical way. Unless your taking the head apart and having sex with it you wouldn't know we flipped the guts around. It has to be done to make the CCV worthwhile to build ecomnoimcally. There is a reason it was not economical before we are addressing those issues. You guys have showed us much patience as we have dealt with the hurdles and learning curve of this Cameron endeavor. We want to give you the best possible amp we can and we will. I have the best amp guys in the world working on it not Joey from Radio Shack. :LOL: :LOL:

You will be happy when you get the amp and I tell you what, I will offer all 2nd run guys a $300 credit off of a matching Cameron 4x12 Cabinet if ordered when your CCV is shipping as a goodwill gesture. :cheers:

Totally understand your concerns and will answer questions as best I can.

Redesign: necessary because I could not build it in it's current form as a production amp. The time allotted for assembly had to be cut in half. I think the delays in the first run illustrate precisely why the redesign was necessary.

PC board: yes, the components will be on top now. Necessary for building, testing and any service on the amps down the road. I had someone on board to handle this and severe health issues stepped in to change those plans. Totally unforseen and beyond our control, but you adapt and move forward.

Chassis: I made a full 3-D CAD model of a first run CCV and then revised and updated for the new design. Changes included relocating the tube sockets, proper positions for the transformers and choke to balance the amp, proper board mounting of the pots and switches, cage nuts for mounting and so on.

Timeline: lets establish that I am a contracted manufacturer for Cameron, I answer to them and am under NDA to not share priveledged information. I will only post this info at their request.
From my manufacturing perspective, the PC board design needs to be completed in the next week to 10 days. Any final tweaks to the chassis will happen right away and, as mentioned above, prototype parts will be ordered. I anticipate 2 weeks for the board and 3 for the chassis. While they are in production I will wrap up all the other details and purchasing so we are ready to produce 2 protos when board and chassis arrive. This puts us at prototype amps for approval around May 1st. Fortunately, major details, such as chassis design and board layout can be locked in before the first amps are built. We need to have those things in production while the protos are off for approval.

You need to know that this can not run long, I have several other production runs starting here in the shop. It simply is not an option, I MUST make these CCV's happen before I start building over 100 amps for another company starting in June. I'm as motivated for this to move as you guys are to get your amps.

Motivation: I have dozens of hours invested so far and will be burning up brain cells until it's finished. I took this project on, knowing the history of Cameron and aware of the issues we would need to address along the way. I'm committed and it will happen.

Legacy: the CCV really is an amp that can rise above the history and adversity we're facing to make it. I'll do my part to stay true to the original vision for this amp. And I will be at the front of the line when it's time to toast single malt whiskey to the completed project. Better make mine a double.

George

PS I'm posting at 3:09AM on Saturday morning. Been working all day and night today.

King Guitar":1zgt7c7r said:
You will be happy when you get the amp and I tell you what, I will offer all 2nd run guys a $300 credit off of a matching Cameron 4x12 Cabinet if ordered when your CCV is shipping as a goodwill gesture. :cheers:

Anyone looking at getting a 4x12 to compliment your CCV or pair with a CCV would be wise to take Brad up on that offer. I own one and that price is worth it, IMO. I currently own (4) other 4x12's all from different manufacturers and the Cameron pairs well with my CCV. Quest forth.

Velvetgeorge":29g20yl9 said:
Totally understand your concerns and will answer questions as best I can.

Redesign: necessary because I could not build it in it's current form as a production amp. The time allotted for assembly had to be cut in half. I think the delays in the first run illustrate precisely why the redesign was necessary.

PC board: yes, the components will be on top now. Necessary for building, testing and any service on the amps down the road. I had someone on board to handle this and severe health issues stepped in to change those plans. Totally unforseen and beyond our control, but you adapt and move forward.

Chassis: I made a full 3-D CAD model of a first run CCV and then revised and updated for the new design. Changes included relocating the tube sockets, proper positions for the transformers and choke to balance the amp, proper board mounting of the pots and switches, cage nuts for mounting and so on.

Timeline: lets establish that I am a contracted manufacturer for Cameron, I answer to them and am under NDA to not share priveledged information. I will only post this info at their request.
From my manufacturing perspective, the PC board design needs to be completed in the next week to 10 days. Any final tweaks to the chassis will happen right away and, as mentioned above, prototype parts will be ordered. I anticipate 2 weeks for the board and 3 for the chassis. While they are in production I will wrap up all the other details and purchasing so we are ready to produce 2 protos when board and chassis arrive. This puts us at prototype amps for approval around May 1st. Fortunately, major details, such as chassis design and board layout can be locked in before the first amps are built. We need to have those things in production while the protos are off for approval.

You need to know that this can not run long, I have several other production runs starting here in the shop. It simply is not an option, I MUST make these CCV's happen before I start building over 100 amps for another company starting in June. I'm as motivated for this to move as you guys are to get your amps.

Motivation: I have dozens of hours invested so far and will be burning up brain cells until it's finished. I took this project on, knowing the history of Cameron and aware of the issues we would need to address along the way. I'm committed and it will happen.

Legacy: the CCV really is an amp that can rise above the history and adversity we're facing to make it. I'll do my part to stay true to the original vision for this amp. And I will be at the front of the line when it's time to toast single malt whiskey to the completed project. Better make mine a double.

George

PS I'm posting at 3:09AM on Saturday morning. Been working all day and night today.

Thanks George and I am posting at 3:23 am myself! :LOL: :LOL:

21_guitars":1paq1qns said:
Will the Cameron cabinet redesign have the speakers flipped backwards?

Absolutely, the first 5 will come with goop on the speakers and a commemorative can of Red Bull loose in the cab. :thumbsup:

The second run CCV will be worth it. George is ten times or more the builder the first run builder was and those amps sounded very good. You guys should be happy George is building them. Lets just say they will be free of issues which means a whole lot :thumbsup: That will make your wait worth it. How would you like it if you waited six months and your amp had issues when you got it? That would ruin the entire wait and excitement of getting a CCV. Wouldn't it? I may be getting in line for another CCV when these get moving. George kicks ass. One of the best. Be happy some pedal maker who knows shit about amp building is not building your CCV. You guys are getting updates from The Man himself. What more do you want?

Yeah, I remember your posts from the first run when you were losing your mind. Also, it has been more like 9 months of waiting.

Back