2nd run CCV?

Redesign for ease of manufacture does not mean the amp still isn't Mark's design. To Steve's point, for some people only an amp that Mark actually worked on will satisfy, if you are one of those than you need to find an amp modded by him.

se7en":2482xfnl said:
I admit the thought of a redesign had me a bit nervous, but if these Atomica amps are indicative, then I don't think there's anything to worry about. I'm sure a redesign isn't as scary as it sounds and have faith in these guys.

dude i was one of the biggest skeptics about cameron amplifiers out there. after borrowing my buddies atomica, i will definitely be owning a cameron product or two :thumbsup: . I'm sure the new ccv will deliver like the older ones did. it may be built different but it will still bring the cameron tone i am sure. after hearing the atomica, i trust that these guys can bring the tone.

I hope it will go without saying that NOT changing the tone or original vision for the amp is absolutely paramount! And is the reason that myself, Dave and other uniquely qualified people are involved in this project.

The changes are practical things, like how parts mount, locations for things that will reduce noise, exposing parts that might have to be serviced down the road and also making the amps more consistent.

If you use the Friedman Brown Eye as an example you'll see that I designed a chassis from scratch that would suit the design and allow for more efficient manufacturing. There were no trade-offs tonally what so ever. In fact, the amps are arguably more consistent now, not to mention the wait time is reduced to mere days or weeks.
The same high standards and dedication to tone apply on the CCV and all other amps we produce for our friends in North Hollywood.

George

Velvetgeorge":1r0qjug6 said:
I hope it will go without saying that NOT changing the tone or original vision for the amp is absolutely paramount! And is the reason that myself, Dave and other uniquely qualified people are involved in this project.

The changes are practical things, like how parts mount, locations for things that will reduce noise, exposing parts that might have to be serviced down the road and also making the amps more consistent.

If you use the Friedman Brown Eye as an example you'll see that I designed a chassis from scratch that would suit the design and allow for more efficient manufacturing. There were no trade-offs tonally what so ever. In fact, the amps are arguably more consistent now, not to mention the wait time is reduced to mere days or weeks.
The same high standards and dedication to tone apply on the CCV and all other amps we produce for our friends in North Hollywood.

George

George, thanks for the update and clarification :thumbsup:

Ron from RJM is almost done with the board redesign with it flipped upright. That is our only hold up to relaunching the CCV. We are not happy the extra wait time for our customers or the added expense to us to re lay it out but it was needed to make it easier to service and build.

Believe me we want to ship these amps as much as you want to get them. :thumbsup: It has our whole operation held up... :doh:

Brad

King Guitar":dr3cmtcr said:
Ron from RJM is almost done with the board redesign with it flipped upright. That is our only hold up to relaunching the CCV. We are not happy the extra wait time for our customers or the added expense to us to re lay it out but it was needed to make it easier to service and build.

Believe me we want to ship these amps as much as you want to get them. :thumbsup: It has our whole operation held up... :doh:

Brad

Thanks for the update Brad!!! :thumbsup:

As long as it kicks ass then the wait will be worth it. Plus it gives me more time with the Atomica!!! :rock: :rock: :rock:

inspirational-awesome-0.jpg

I have a DEAD MINT first run CCV for sale in the Classifieds, if interested. You could have it delivered to your front door within the week.... ;)

Already have 2 on order fully paid...

I'm sure yours shouldn't take long to sale !! Thanks for the offer ;)

Back