2nd run CCV?

Put a deposit for one in Feb. I wonder how many people are in front of me and if I will see this amp this year.

Econ":22yg8556 said:
Put a deposit for one in Feb. I wonder how many people are in front of me and if I will see this amp this year.

I put mine down in Aug 2011. :doh: :doh: :doh: I think I am first or second? :confused:

metalmaniac93":iat0okzk said:
I put mine down in Aug 2011. :doh: :doh: :doh: I think I am first or second? :confused:

I know how you feel but there are those of us in the MIA crew that are coming up on the 2 years+ mark...

We want you guys to get your amps ASAP because the sooner you get your amps the sooner we get ours.

Chuck

metalmaniac93":qver3lhs said:
Econ":qver3lhs said:

If you put down a desposit in August you are probably one of the last in the line, unless everyone bailed out.

glip22":2581o5rt said:
Heres a guess. Metro is finishing up a Dirty Shirley run. Next up is Brown Eyes for two -three weeks, maybe four. Next is the Naked. Maybe two weeks. Depending on any other delays such as assembly issues,oscillation or grounding issues,etc to iron out .I would guess 10 weeks more. I am lokoing forward to the reviews on this and how it compares to the original layouts. I am sure there is a reason why Friedman amps are getting priority. Disclosure. I am not sure about the above and the source I received the info from.

its statements like this by Glip22, is why I rarely come even come on rig talk anymore. Please Glip tell everyone how you know this information. Who is this confidential informant that somehow knows this insider information?

Tone Merchant":3lv8mle1 said:
glip22":3lv8mle1 said:
Heres a guess. Metro is finishing up a Dirty Shirley run. Next up is Brown Eyes for two -three weeks, maybe four. Next is the Naked. Maybe two weeks. Depending on any other delays such as assembly issues,oscillation or grounding issues,etc to iron out .I would guess 10 weeks more. I am lokoing forward to the reviews on this and how it compares to the original layouts. I am sure there is a reason why Friedman amps are getting priority. Disclosure. I am not sure about the above and the source I received the info from.

its statements like this by Glip22, is why I rarely come even come on rig talk anymore. Please Glip tell everyone how you know this information. Who is this confidential informant that somehow knows this insider information?
One of your partner dealers Rob. We were talking about something not related at all and it came up. I didn't ask anything. I posted that I did not know how reliable it was. Its obvious some guys are frustrated so I thought to share it. I am sure George has his hands full as he is only one guy with little help. I am sure guys understand that but I think it would be nice to know when you have money down for a year. Would you like me to share more? I can make up a few more good stories.

Glip,

Don't mean to sound frustrated, but there are so many guys who don't have a clue but chime in like they are in the room that it gets frustrating as all hell. The bottom-line is that Dave, brad, george and I were not happy with the lay out of the first run CCV's. They sounded killer but the design didnt lend itself to be easily manufactured and repaired. And once Mark quit, we wanted to do everything right. We wanted to completely redesign the amp. We needed to 3d model the board and chassis on a cad. We wanted to change the placement of alot of the features etc. It would of been easier to just keep chugging along and make the same thing, get paid the rest of the money we are owed and then change it but we didn't do that, we decided to make the changes now so the 2nd run guys would get the most updated amp.

Im not sure what a "partner dealer is" but if someone told u that, they are lying and no Friedman dealer knows what is being made at any particular time not even my bro, Brad (King Guitar), he PM's me asking what he can get and when. Also, do you think Brad would be very happy if we were delaying the Cameron so Dave and I could sell Friedmans?

Im not sure why u would post something on a public board when u dont even know if its reliable or not is beyond me, I wish you would not or at least PM and ask before you shoot from the hip.

Also Friedman stuff is built to order we dont do runs. Feel free to tell me in a pm who made this comment and any other speculation u might have and I can tell you if its BS or not.
'
As for the new Cameron, it sucks its taking this long, we hate it, you hate it, we get it. But were not jerking off over here, we are getting it perfect. The Old Bitch is done and sounds massive, we will be making a video soon and showcasing that at the LA Amp show,

For the new Cameron, we flew in George from Detroit, Ron from RJM drove down 4 hours in traffic from San Diego and the two of them sat down with Dave Friedman and finished the board design, where were now comfortable ordering the parts for and building a prototype. These guys left their families to hammer this out over a couple of days, working non stop.

George is now finishing all the 3d cad programing for the chassis and ron is going to have to meticulously go through the board again to make sure everything is absolutely perfect.

When your designing an amp this complicated even with guys as talented as dave, george and ron, you end up going through a few different revisions and its insanely time consuming.

Thats why I finally told george to jump on a jet and ron to drive down and get this done with the designers and builder sitting in the same room at a HUGE expense to the company.

This Cameron is an all new design and a massive undertaking but will be off the hook when we ship it. We are not going anywhere, everyone knows us, we have delivered a ton of amps so far, 10 fold of any Cameron production before us and we will keep delivering the best we can.

Thats it, feel free to PM me with any questions and I will post back here when I have some more news.

Rob

21_guitars":21e1fc2a said:
metalmaniac93":21e1fc2a said:
Econ":21e1fc2a said:

If you put down a desposit in August you are probably one of the last in the line, unless everyone bailed out.

That is not what Brad told me since I just missed the cutoff. I am #3 on the list according to him.

Tone Merchant":ltms8g9q said:
Glip,

Don't mean to sound frustrated, but there are so many guys who don't have a clue but chime in like they are in the room that it gets frustrating as all hell. The bottom-line is that Dave, brad, george and I were not happy with the lay out of the first run CCV's. They sounded killer but the design didnt lend itself to be easily manufactured and repaired. And once Mark quit, we wanted to do everything right. We wanted to completely redesign the amp. We needed to 3d model the board and chassis on a cad. We wanted to change the placement of alot of the features etc. It would of been easier to just keep chugging along and make the same thing, get paid the rest of the money we are owed and then change it but we didn't do that, we decided to make the changes now so the 2nd run guys would get the most updated amp.

Im not sure what a "partner dealer is" but if someone told u that, they are lying and no Friedman dealer knows what is being made at any particular time not even my bro, Brad (King Guitar), he PM's me asking what he can get and when. Also, do you think Brad would be very happy if we were delaying the Cameron so Dave and I could sell Friedmans?

Im not sure why u would post something on a public board when u dont even know if its reliable or not is beyond me, I wish you would not or at least PM and ask before you shoot from the hip.

Also Friedman stuff is built to order we dont do runs. Feel free to tell me in a pm who made this comment and any other speculation u might have and I can tell you if its BS or not.
'
As for the new Cameron, it sucks its taking this long, we hate it, you hate it, we get it. But were not jerking off over here, we are getting it perfect. The Old Bitch is done and sounds massive, we will be making a video soon and showcasing that at the LA Amp show,

For the new Cameron, we flew in George from Detroit, Ron from RJM drove down 4 hours in traffic from San Diego and the two of them sat down with Dave Friedman and finished the board design, where were now comfortable ordering the parts for and building a prototype. These guys left their families to hammer this out over a couple of days, working non stop.

George is now finishing all the 3d cad programing for the chassis and ron is going to have to meticulously go through the board again to make sure everything is absolutely perfect.

When your designing an amp this complicated even with guys as talented as dave, george and ron, you end up going through a few different revisions and its insanely time consuming.

Thats why I finally told george to jump on a jet and ron to drive down and get this done with the designers and builder sitting in the same room at a HUGE expense to the company.

This Cameron is an all new design and a massive undertaking but will be off the hook when we ship it. We are not going anywhere, everyone knows us, we have delivered a ton of amps so far, 10 fold of any Cameron production before us and we will keep delivering the best we can.

Thats it, feel free to PM me with any questions and I will post back here when I have some more news.

Rob

Thanks Rob!!! I can wait!!! The Atomica is treating me well and it still impresses me every time I play through it!!! :rock: :rock: :rock: I would love to hear the Old Bitch!!

21_guitars":2b8jc8zl said:
Brad has told me many stories, I have lost track. Maybe you are first in line, if there is any line.

I have an email from Brad stating 3rd, but who knows. It is all good!!! At least I am not the Last In Line!!! :rock: :rock: :rock: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

King Guitar":1mnpvkka said:
Hey Guys,

Here is the latest.

Once mark was completely out of the picture, Dave Friedman, Rob, George Metropolous and i decided to completely redesign the CCV. This was done for several reasons. Mostly because we wanted a much more reliable, quieter amp that would be much easier to service. Also, we really wanted to take advantage of some of the cool options like midi and the new metro loop.

So we had to contract a pcb board designer to create the board. The guy we hired, designed the metro loop. he ended up having health issues and strung us around for a few months until we had to go to Ron from RJM to handle this task. Problem with Ron is that his time is in high demand from other companies for design work.

After waiting for a couple of months Ron, George and Dave started work on the improved CCV MK2.

We just finished the board a couple of weeks ago. The new CCV MK2 will have the midi leds in front of the amp and now there will be a midi foot switchable line level and pedal level metro fx loop.

We are really excited about the new amp. As far as time line, we are still looking at about two months. We have to build the proto and make sure everything is perfect, then we will start manufacturing.

I know its a long time to wait and it has been a learning experience for us as well but in the end we want to delver the most kick ass amp we can and we will.

Hi Brad,

since I haven't heard or read something contrary, my CCV will be delivered early in August, right ?

Thanks

Markus

Hey Guys,

Checking in, I am on the east coast, the boys are on the west coast and the amps are being made in Michigan. Last word I got was the same as posted above. I will check with all this week to see when the production will begin now that the updates and board redesign routing is finalized.

Brad

Back