Anyone want to be a part of the PUP shootout?

Lundgren M6 or other models? I can't actually help you as I don't have one yet... But it would be nice if there was one in the test, as there are not so many clips with these pickups to be found even though there are many positive reviews. Anyone?

Cool initiative... I hope there will be some heavy hard rock / metal sounds included with this test... :rock:

duodecim":k2bk26tm said:
Cool initiative... I hope there will be some heavy hard rock / metal sounds included with this test... :rock:

That's the biggest reason I'm doing this. To many bluesy or Satriani style lead player pickup demoes out there, this will have a track with some nuts. :rock:

Rio Grande BBQ is here!

Someone sent a pair of zebra striped pups with N and B written on back and no labelling. Who's are they? What pups are they? Are they the WCR Darkbursts?

Not sure if it's shipping, I will know on Monday when I open the box. Wade says the 2nd Degree Black Belt is ridiculous. It's one of Dave Friedman's favorite pickups.

IMG_2057.jpg

1. Gibson 57 (Lugo)
2. Suhr SSH (Lugo)
3. Gibson BurstBucker Pro (Lugo)
4. Suhr Aldrich (Lugo)
5. SD Custom (Lugo)
6. SD Custom5 (Lugo)
7. Bareknuckles Rebel Yell
8. WCR Iron Man
9. MCP Solution
10. Walker Dictator
11. Walker El Presedente
12. Walker HTG
13. Patrick Nowlan
14. Pearly Gates
15. Wolfetone Marshallhead (Lugo)
16. PMP SAR prototype
17. PMP SAR
18. DarkBurst
19. Rio Grande BBQ
20. Motor City Afwayu - Black Paul
21. WCR - Fillmore - Goldtop Paul (Lugo)
22. WCR - Godwood - Sunburst Paul (Lugo)
23. Duncan - JB - in another Paul in my office
24. Gibson - 498T - In another Paul in my office (Lugo)
25. Dimarzio - Super Distortion
26. Holmes - H455

This is gonna be beyond words wild!

P.S. Upon massive request I nailed us a DiMarzio - Super Distortion & Holmes - H455... Yup, I rock!

stephen sawall":xc2g3ac6 said:
What amp are you going to use ?
Are you going to do a clean / medium / high gain clip of each ?
Same riffs for each ?

Probably using:
77' Marshall 100 watt JMP Friedman 'Hairy Brown Eye' (6550's) - Heavy
Diezel Herbert - Heavy
71' Marshall 100 watt Super Tremolo Friedman 'Brown Eye' (EL34's) - Medium Gain
Fender Deluxe Reverb - Clean

I have other amps but I think these are the selections. Also have Bogner, Scumback and Orange cabs.

We are doin a few 1 minute clips of guitars in 2 different songs, 2 different guitar players and 2 different sounds and a guitar alone clean track through the Fender. The playing on each pickup will be replicated to the best of our ability, so you will have a good idea of how they compare. Of course there are variables, mostly in how the pickup response to the players hands but we will do our best to stay consistent.

EXPcustom":3g4j0ddn said:
Are you still taking pickups?

I have a UltraSonic Ref. 6 pickup I can send you I am in Nor Cal.

No I'm done, I still have about 6 pickups coming. I cannot handle anymore, I'm not sure if we can get all these done, I will do my best, may have to skip a couple of Gibson and Duncan pups that are mine.

Back