Anyone want to be a part of the PUP shootout?

James..... where do you find the time to do shootouts like these? All the shootouts you've already done on Gearslutz ... now this.. You never cease to amaze me.

James Lugo":1ix50ikp said:
stephen sawall":1ix50ikp said:
What amp are you going to use ?
Are you going to do a clean / medium / high gain clip of each ?
Same riffs for each ?

Probably using:
77' Marshall 100 watt JMP Friedman 'Hairy Brown Eye' (6550's) - Heavy
Diezel Herbert - Heavy
71' Marshall 100 watt Super Tremolo Friedman 'Brown Eye' (EL34's) - Medium Gain
Fender Deluxe Reverb - Clean

I have other amps but I think these are the selections. Also have Bogner, Scumback and Orange cabs.

We are doin a few 1 minute clips of guitars in 2 different songs, 2 different guitar players and 2 different sounds and a guitar alone clean track through the Fender. The playing on each pickup will be replicated to the best of our ability, so you will have a good idea of how they compare. Of course there are variables, mostly in how the pickup response to the players hands but we will do our best to stay consistent.

More than I could ask for.

Thank you for doing this for all of us.

Thanks guys. I've shotout 100's of pieces of gear but this is the hardest shootout ever. Monday night is when we start. I will feel better when we get started and it goes well. Every aspect of this is difficult. Definitely not for the faint of heart.

Core9":33ijva2o said:
Sounds like we got the right man on the job!!! :thumbsup:

Let's hope so...lol

It's 3am and I can't sleep. I'm running the pickup day through my head over and over. What amp should I use for this section of the songs? How should I pan? Should I start with a solo guitar with the Marshall and switched the Herbert when the band comes in? Whoa...a lot of noise between the ears.

Wow, this is really amazing, I cant wait to hear the clips/open my wallet. :LOL: :LOL:

I take it you never got the WB's. Somehow im not surprised, dude is always up his eyeballs in orders. :no:

James Lugo":31ojg6cm said:
Rio Grande BBQ is here!

Someone sent a pair of zebra striped pups with N and B written on back and no labelling. Who's are they? What pups are they? Are they the WCR Darkbursts?

Sweet glad it got there :rock:

I hope you keep the 498T gibson pickup in the shootout too if you can....

I'm really looking forward this this!!!!!!!!! I've got a Marshallhead in the bridge of my LP now and I'm considering swapping out for something with a little more bite.

The Scumback cabinet Jim built for the shootout. Wow!

69specst-1.jpg

69specst-2.jpg

69specst-3.jpg

69specst-4.jpg

Back