CCV progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velvetgeorge

This may not please everyone and I won't try to justify the already way-too-long wait time on these amps. But I would like to share news of positive, forward progress. The board layout, revision C IIRC is complete and boards are currently being manufactured. I have all the mechanical specs in CAD and just need to confirm final compatibility with the new boards. This puts us only a number of weeks away from production. Once parts are finalized and chassis are fabricated I will be finally left with nothing else to do but build the third generation CCV!
Despite the long delays, trivial business practices in the past and uncertainty surrounding the Cameron business name, I assure you we will be building these amps in the near future. I personally look forward to delivering the best CCV yet. It took far longer than anticipated, yes. It has seen the involvement and then the voluntary dis-involvement of the namesake, yes. But it has recruited the expertise of myself, Dave Friedman and Ron Minelli to assure everyone receiving this version of the CCV is getting the finest product the amp industry has to offer.

Not trying to justify the long wait, just happy to share the news of progress.

George

Haven't tried a CCV yet but sound wise, I'm gunning for an Atomica. Then again, the CCV is gorgeous and sounds like a rhino charging down a field.

Decisions haha.

Aristocat":1pdjj0ta said:
Haven't tried a CCV yet but sound wise, I'm gunning for an Atomica. Then again, the CCV is gorgeous and sounds like a rhino charging down a field.

Decisions haha.

They are both great amps!! :rock: :rock: :rock:

Velvetgeorge":1vt84nft said:
This may not please everyone and I won't try to justify the already way-too-long wait time on these amps. But I would like to share news of positive, forward progress. The board layout, revision C IIRC is complete and boards are currently being manufactured. I have all the mechanical specs in CAD and just need to confirm final compatibility with the new boards. This puts us only a number of weeks away from production. Once parts are finalized and chassis are fabricated I will be finally left with nothing else to do but build the third generation CCV!
Despite the long delays, trivial business practices in the past and uncertainty surrounding the Cameron business name, I assure you we will be building these amps in the near future. I personally look forward to delivering the best CCV yet. It took far longer than anticipated, yes. It has seen the involvement and then the voluntary dis-involvement of the namesake, yes. But it has recruited the expertise of myself, Dave Friedman and Ron Minelli to assure everyone receiving this version of the CCV is getting the finest product the amp industry has to offer.

Not trying to justify the long wait, just happy to share the news of progress.

George
Now I am genuinely interested in one of these amplifiers. As usual George - good form! :thumbsup:

There is progress to report! I now have the prototype board here in my shop and will be updating the chassis CAD to accommodate the changes. I am also incorporating several design details to make these amps easier to manufacture and service. These will be key to our building process. The new board and chassis updates were necessary simply because we couldn't manufacture the amp with it's previous design.

While I am losing some work days to the LA amp show, rest assured that I am devoting all available time to this task at hand.

George

Velvetgeorge":3vw1k8ya said:
There is progress to report! I now have the prototype board here in my shop and will be updating the chassis CAD to accommodate the changes. I am also incorporating several design details to make these amps easier to manufacture and service. These will be key to our building process. The new board and chassis updates were necessary simply because we couldn't manufacture the amp with it's previous design.

While I am losing some work days to the LA amp show, rest assured that I am devoting all available time to this task at hand.

George

Great to hear George!!! Thanks!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back