CCV progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's like the second coming of Christ....

:LOL: :LOL:

Seriously though, having owned a first run CCV, I am rather curious to see the new panel and hear people's feedback on the second round....

rlord1974":8ljxcl70 said:
It's like the second coming of Christ....

:LOL: :LOL:

Seriously though, having owned a first run CCV, I am rather curious to see the new panel and hear people's feedback on the second round....
With some luck the CCv will arrive a little before :LOL: :LOL:

metalmaniac93":2a0z9gdi said:
Yes, it will be the 2nd run CCVs.
No shit! I was in on the second round and they were going to be ready last X-Mas or early 2012. I haven't beed keeping up on the CCV. WOW!!!!! At least with Brad behind the deal your in good hands, he's a good one to deal with!! What is Mark up to these days? I'll bet I could find this answer if I read a little in the forum. :LOL: :LOL:

gbsmusic":qrb89b71 said:
metalmaniac93":qrb89b71 said:
No shit! I was in on the second round and they were going to be ready last X-Mas or early 2012. I haven't beed keeping up on the CCV. WOW!!!!! At least with Brad behind the deal your in good hands, he's a good one to deal with!! What is Mark up to these days? I'll bet I could find this answer if I read a little in the forum. :LOL: :LOL:

It has been a long ass wait!!! Way too long IMO!!!!

metalmaniac93":zsekevgn said:
gbsmusic":zsekevgn said:
metalmaniac93":zsekevgn said:

If it has that CCV growl, its worth it!! :rock:

gbsmusic":v56d002m said:
metalmaniac93":v56d002m said:
gbsmusic":v56d002m said:
metalmaniac93":v56d002m said:

It better be!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

metalmaniac93":bgta8lnq said:
gbsmusic":bgta8lnq said:
gbsmusic":bgta8lnq said:

It better be!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
I think it will :rock:

A new year deserves an update on CCV progress. Since the last time I posted:

Prototype chassis has been fabbed and to my knowledge is off to paint and screening

Artwork has been compiled

Parts have been sourced

I'm looking forward to assembling the proto soon.

I had a conversation with Dave this week about the power transformer, there is a tech decision to be made on that. The loop also has some considerations. These are things beyond my control for this project, but they are in motion.
I know that any post short of "CCV are done and shipping" is a dissapointment at this point, but I'll continue to post honest updates.

George

Considering the sensitive nature this has taken, how about a locked thread for updates and every week, even if nothing has happened, one of you guys post something. I support you guys 100% and want this to succeed, but when you drop off for weeks or months at a time it does look bad and if I put a deposit down almost 2 years ago, I'd be concerned. One or 2 sentences from you, Dave, or Brad will go a long way to calming the troops. The thread should stay locked, just use it for official announcements.

Velvetgeorge":k8ccoeq0 said:

Prototype chassis has been fabbed and to my knowledge is off to paint and screening

Parts have been sourced

I had a conversation with Dave this week about the power transformer, there is a tech decision to be made on that. The loop also has some considerations. These are things beyond my control for this project, but they are in motion.
I know that any post short of "CCV are done and shipping" is a dissapointment at this point, but I'll continue to post honest updates.

George
Conventional paint or powder coating?

Velvetgeorge":2ijoh5yw said:

Parts have been sourced

George

Aren't the power transformers supposed to be the same as what was in the first production run? :confused: :confused: :confused: How could there be changes in that dept?

I feel your pain guys. Sorry I can't share more or discuss technical details, I'm just not authorized. I get asked to post updates on the progress from time to time and that's what I do.
I'm not the project manager or technical director for this endeavor. I'm still taking orders from North Hollywood.
Now, once the prototype is approved and parts arrive then it will be on me to produce the amps. Then it will be my ass on the line to deliver as promised. Hopefully we are close to that scenario.

George

metalmaniac93":vmgrpivn said:
Velvetgeorge":vmgrpivn said:

Parts have been sourced

George

Aren't the power transformers supposed to be the same as what was in the first production run? :confused: :confused: :confused: How could there be changes in that dept?
Maybe they aren't using mercury's and are using what they had in the atomicas?? Hopefully it will be worth the wait for all the guys who paid up ahead of time :rock:

Velvetgeorge":23q0sr51 said:
I'm not the project manager or technical director for this endeavor.

Your not passing the buck here, are you George? LOL. Regardless, the project manager should have a much larger presence in forecasting information or updates either done privately or on a public platform. Especially given the amount of time the paying customers have been waiting for this product to produce. Thanks for the honesty though George.

This move is not what I call good business decisions and I know it has nothing to do with George. The first run CCV had the Mercury Magnetics Mark Cameron speced transformer and the this one should also have it period. It is bad enough that we had to wait this long, but to change the transformer is absolutely ridiculous. I will definitely be asking for my money back.

I'm looking forward to the reviews of the new CCV. The first run builder did not do a good job at all. There were several issues with the build that had to do with grounding and design. I would much rather have one redesigned and built by George with Dave being involved than Barrang. That is a no contest for me. Also changing a transformer from Mercury to what one of the most accurate and knowledgeable reproducers of Marshall circuits recommends would be fine by me. There are better choices than Mercury in many applications. :thumbsup: The CCV lacked mojo imo. It was stiff and somewhat lifeless. Cool amp but it got old quick for me. I want more feel in my amps. I have a feeling the new one is going to kick ass with soul and attitude. I'm waiting. I would blindly take a 2nd run over a first any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back