CCV progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
vintagemusicgear":21bj5icp said:
Dumb question, what will be the difference between the "newest" version and the current production version?
From what is on RT, there is supposed to be no difference as far as the overall tone, but that is hard to tell since there is no prototype yet to even compare. The loop is supposed to work better than the original production design loop, the loop will be able to be switched on and off using a MIDI pedal, and most importantly it is being built by George, which means it will be built much better than the Barrang folks did for the first production run.

It's gotten pretty sleepy around here.....

2901926914_6d9235c969_z.jpg

maxl03":26oea0b8 said:
bhuard75":26oea0b8 said:
Shipping before before Christmas?

you mean this year ? :LOL: :LOL:

Do I come off being facetious? Or would this year be asking too much? Maybe I'm just unrealistic.

Not like BP capped a well blowout 5000' below the ocean's surface that had no safety shut off mechanism technology in place in 5 months with no clear containment protocols. Jesh, China is getting ready to build the worlds tallest skyscraper in an estimated 210 days. Re-design an amp with some of the best guys in the business thats taking over a year? Someones not doing their job. This is the perception. Not trying to be a complete fucking asshole.

bhuard75":1az0mrcj said:
maxl03":1az0mrcj said:
bhuard75":1az0mrcj said:

Do I come off being facetious? Or would this year be asking too much? Maybe I'm just unrealistic.

Not like BP capped a well blowout 5000' below the ocean's surface that had no safety shut off mechanism technology in place in 5 months with no clear containment protocols. Jesh, China is getting ready to build the worlds tallest skyscraper in an estimated 210 days. Re-design an amp with some of the best guys in the business thats taking over a year? Someones not doing their job. This is the perception. Not trying to be a complete fucking asshole.

I heard around Jan 2013, which sucks for me as I will be working in Belgium from Jan to April. :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: It would be nice to have it before Xmas, but that is not going to happen!!

bhuard75":1gw95y32 said:
maxl03":1gw95y32 said:
bhuard75":1gw95y32 said:

sorry, it is kind of gallows humour. I suppose I'm in the same boat as you. I ordered and paid on account exactly one year ago for a 2nd run CCV.
Even in my native tongue german I couldn't find better words than you. I think you can pick out that I'm annoyed as well as you.
And with the statement of metalmaniac it seems delivery will be anytime in 2013 ........

Markus

maxl03":mgselkpw said:
bhuard75":mgselkpw said:
maxl03":mgselkpw said:
bhuard75":mgselkpw said:

sorry, it is kind of gallows humour. I suppose I'm in the same boat as you. I ordered and paid on account exactly one year ago for a 2nd run CCV.
Even in my native tongue german I couldn't find better words than you. I think you can pick out that I'm annoyed as well as you.
And with the statement of metalmaniac it seems delivery will be anytime in 2013 ........

Markus

Markus, it seems like it will be sometime in 2013 since the year is almost over!!! :doh: :doh: :doh: I might have to drive from Brussels to Bavaria sometime between Jan-Apr to play yours!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

maxl03":rohfjfqt said:
Hopefully ! Give me a quick Info if you are here, maybe we can meet

Yes, of course. Germany especially the Bavaria area is on my list of places to see. Of course it is all about the beer!!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Update 11-15-12

I'm happy to finally announce that mechanical design is complete and we are going into prototype mode. I triple checked everything in 3-D CAD and test fit with full scale prints today.

While the proto chassis is being fabbed I will source the remaining parts, finish loading the board and wrap up other details. I'll stop short of offering a date, but know that we have cleared a major hurdle and a prototype of the new design is emminent.

George

Thanks for the update George!
I think we're all going a bit loopy waiting for this, glad it's coming out the way you like.
Looking forward to hearing/seeing the prototype demo hopefully? in the near future.
Godspeed

:rock:

Velvetgeorge":qe4lzupc said:
Update 11-15-12

I'm happy to finally announce that mechanical design is complete and we are going into prototype mode. I triple checked everything in 3-D CAD and test fit with full scale prints today.

While the proto chassis is being fabbed I will source the remaining parts, finish loading the board and wrap up other details. I'll stop short of offering a date, but know that we have cleared a major hurdle and a prototype of the new design is emminent.

George

Thanks George!!! :2thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back