FJA Atomica Mods

A foot switchable loop is the only way i would consider using an FX loop live. Foot switchable solo masters are a plus. Jerry has some great ideas.

Oh, you forgot the link bro......FJA Cameron Amp Mods

steve_k":1p06n27d said:
A foot switchable loop is the only way i would consider using an FX loop live. Foot switchable solo masters are a plus. Jerry has some great ideas.

I knew I forgot something!! :doh: :doh: :doh:

Yeah I agree with you on the foot switchable loop. I have a Roland switch to turn off the effects, but the cord is not long enough. I will have to contact Jerry one of these days!!! How do you use the CCV live?

metalmaniac93":ffra0wp4 said:
steve_k":ffra0wp4 said:

Yeah I agree with you on the foot switchable loop. I have a Roland switch to turn off the effects, but the cord is not long enough. I will have to contact Jerry one of these days!!! How do you use the CCV live?

I don't :D I have though and just don't mess with using an FX loop for gigs. My ass puckers up trying to get gig levels right as compared to home wanking levels. The EQ changes vs. FX loop volume drive me nuts trying to set up with limited time available. So, I just run everything up front. Well, everything for me is a Wah and a Timefactor. The CCV has a solo master, so no need for an outboard boost. Sold all my CCV's anyway.

Steve

steve_k":18esq2ib said:
metalmaniac93":18esq2ib said:
steve_k":18esq2ib said:

I don't :D I have though and just don't mess with using an FX loop for gigs. My ass puckers up trying to get gig levels right as compared to home wanking levels. The EQ changes vs. FX loop volume drive me nuts trying to set up with limited time available. So, I just run everything up front. Well, everything for me is a Wah and a Timefactor. The CCV has a solo master, so no need for an outboard boost. Sold all my CCV's anyway.

Steve

Wow, you sold all your CCVs? Are you feeling OK? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

metalmaniac93":35way6wx said:
steve_k":35way6wx said:
metalmaniac93":35way6wx said:
steve_k":35way6wx said:

Steve

Wow, you sold all your CCVs? Are you feeling OK? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I am seeking help at the moment....... :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco:

Mark's Marshall mods suit me better. I am surrounded by Jose's and Aldrich mods. To me, that just where it's at bro. Plus, they only cost $20..... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

steve_k":3smn1kka said:
metalmaniac93":3smn1kka said:
metalmaniac93":3smn1kka said:

Steve

I am seeking help at the moment....... :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco:

Mark's Marshall mods suit me better. I am surrounded by Jose's and Aldrich mods. To me, that just where it's at bro. Plus, they only cost $20..... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I agree...The most "magic" cameron I ever owned was a HG/LG Super Lead mod......miss that amp to this day

kurtsstuff":2d77smc9 said:
steve_k":2d77smc9 said:
metalmaniac93":2d77smc9 said:
metalmaniac93":2d77smc9 said:

Steve

I agree...The most "magic" cameron I ever owned was a HG/LG Super Lead mod......miss that amp to this day

I heard that Mark's Marshall modes sound great. Todd's HG Jose clip rock!!! Us mere mortals may never have a chance to play through let alone own any of Mark's coveted mods!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Still CCV's for me.....well...unless you count the Cornford....I love that thing, too :D

steve_k":3ej558g5 said:
jcj":3ej558g5 said:
Still CCV's for me.....well...unless you count the Cornford....I love that thing, too :D

The Snowflake? Cameron modded Cornford. That's a Camcorder..... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Now thats funny....!! :LOL: :LOL:

why would anyone want mod an atomica

if you buy an atomica its because you WANT that tone (like me :D )

and "add a loop" :confused:

wtf is wrong with the metro loop ?

FUZZboat":11f4y2ml said:

I don't think he's talking tone modifications (although I'm sure he could/would, if that's what you wanted)

Nothing wrong with the metro loop, at all...but having a footswitchable loop would be cool....I could see it....

I don't know that I'd let anyone screw with a Cameron Marshall, but the production stuff? Maybe....

jcj":21vlisii said:
FUZZboat":21vlisii said:

I don't think he's talking tone modifications (although I'm sure he could/would, if that's what you wanted)

Nothing wrong with the metro loop, at all...but having a footswitchable loop would be cool....I could see it....

I don't know that I'd let anyone screw with a Cameron Marshall, but the production stuff? Maybe....

I just came across this when I was on the FJA site, but I am not liking this series loop for my older delay units!!! It needs a parallel loop for delay effects IMO. It does not work like my other amps I have owned and both the Bogner XTC and Engl's have parallel loops. I might have to go wet/dry, which is not good since I will have to spend more money!!!

FX loops suck signal and tone. All of them. No one has gotten it right. There's always a sacrifice even with a switch that turns it off. :thumbsdown:

glip22":32kes73b said:
FX loops suck signal and tone. All of them. No one has gotten it right. There's always a sacrifice even with a switch that turns it off. :thumbsdown:

Yes, I agree, but I wish I had a newer delay unit since I cannot mix in the desired amount of dry/wet from my delay unit. Would Suhr's Mini Mix II resolve this?

metalmaniac93":2824yf00 said:
glip22":2824yf00 said:

Yes, I agree, but I wish I had a newer delay unit since I cannot mix in the desired amount of dry/wet from my delay unit. Would Suhr's Mini Mix II resolve this?

No. There is no mix control on the Suhr unit. It basically turns your series insert loop into a parallel loop where it will regenerate the signal path rather than just a simple bridge between pre and post. It will sound better, no doubt. But, they aren't cheap.

Which unit are you trying to use?

If you are having trouble getting enough signal passing from the send into the FX unit, there's also, here's another thing to do. Take the chassis out and flip it upside down. You will see on the loop board at the loop jacks and the board is trim pot. Turn it a little bit more counter clockwise. This controls the B+ voltage passed to the loop (effectively a send control) and you can adjust it up a little hotter. George will have it preset to something middle of the road for most FX. But, you can tweak it to your liking. You can do it with the amp in "run", but be careful when doing so. This will keep you from having to run the return so high, if that is what is happening. Running the return high is what creates issues.

Steve

steve_k":2uavzypf said:
metalmaniac93":2uavzypf said:
glip22":2uavzypf said:

No. There is no mix control on the Suhr unit. It basically turns your series insert loop into a parallel loop where it will regenerate the signal path rather than just a simple bridge between pre and post. It will sound better, no doubt. But, they aren't cheap.

Which unit are you trying to use?

If you are having trouble getting enough signal passing from the send into the FX unit, there's also, here's another thing to do. Take the chassis out and flip it upside down. You will see on the loop board at the loop jacks and the board is trim pot. Turn it a little bit more counter clockwise. This controls the B+ voltage passed to the loop (effectively a send control) and you can adjust it up a little hotter. George will have it preset to something middle of the road for most FX. But, you can tweak it to your liking. You can do it with the amp in "run", but be careful when doing so. This will keep you from having to run the return so high, if that is what is happening. Running the return high is what creates issues.

Steve

Steve,

I am using the Roland SDE3000 unit and it sounds ok but I do not like the pure wet tone and I have to turn my delay out level down real low. I just ordered the Suhr Multi Mix II, but it sounds like it wont work like having a true parallel loop?

Back