Guys, someone tried Baron custom amps, or Titan amps or Mako amplification?

MetalJim

I had a K80 i think was the model from Baron custom amps, was a great amp 2 channel clean was nice and fat, and the gain was think and dry with a very nice palm mute chugg and big clear chords.

I had a Baron DHG (B and K high gain channels), Mako Custom 100 and MK4. They had some good things about them and for the price were quite good, but none of them were keepers vs top tier amps when compared IME

The Mako’s I had were tight, dry and clear, but tonally a bit smooth and bland for my taste. They in some ways reminded me of Fryette’s, but I bet I’d probably prefer the Fryette’s if I were to have AB’ed them

I thought the titan amps were just SLO clones?

The Mako Dorado still haunts my dreams from the HC days
A couple of years ago in austin texas craigslist was a mako 100 w head 2 channel for sale that sold fast, I wonder if it was a good amp to have. probably very few made.

I just had a bunch of problems with the titan, I did get it used. I think I have pics I will have to look.

My Baron k2

Attachments

• IMG_4018.jpeg
    IMG_4018.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 47
and what you can say about that mako head? it was good? how many channels what model it was?
I already talked about it as the 3rd post in this thread. It had 2 channels. It was a good amp for the price, but didn’t seem worth keeping for me when compared to amps I consider top tier. It was tight, clear, and dry, but also sounded a bit bland and smooth for what I like. The MK4 pre was similar, but more modern, tighter and more gain

I've collected 3 different Barons and don't myself ever letting them go. Such a unique, rich distortion and an amazing clean

Back