I see a lot of new faces here

mr-bean-thumbsup.gif

I'd guess that the various guitar forum communities are all pretty intermeshed by now. Speaking for myself, I'm certain that I used to have an account here, but apparently not under my current email address. Ah well, here's to that 50-post hurdle. I've stayed active on other forums since the early 2000s and in that sense am not 'new'. I can't imagine forums are attracting much genuine new blood these days.

Rig Talk has always been good for amp info specifically, though; it's been my first port of call when considering an amp purchase. I hope it sticks around...lot's of legacy resources on here and knowledgeable members that can lend a hand. At the risk of sounding curmudgeonly, social media is too fragmented to be half as useful.

I'd guess that the various guitar forum communities are all pretty intermeshed by now. Speaking for myself, I'm certain that I used to have an account here, but apparently not under my current email address. Ah well, here's to that 50-post hurdle. I've stayed active on other forums since the early 2000s and in that sense am not 'new'. I can't imagine forums are attracting much genuine new blood these days.

Rig Talk has always been good for amp info specifically, though; it's been my first port of call when considering an amp purchase. I hope it sticks around...lot's of legacy resources on here and knowledgeable members that can lend a hand. At the risk of sounding curmudgeonly, social media is too fragmented to be half as useful.
Welcome aboard/welcome back :cheers:

I don't know about 'new' blood but we've definitely had a lot of new users join/rejoin. Hence the 50 post rule. I'm sure you'll get there just fine. Your help in that intonation thread in Tech Corner is a great example.

I’m new here. But I was pretty active on HC and UG for a good 7-10 years from 2000-2010

Life kinda caught up and I wasn’t able to play as much as I’d like. Eventually downsized to an apartment for personal reasons.

That brought on my axe fx stint thats been continuing for years now

However, with the invention of the Fryette power station, I’ve now gotten back into tube amps, now that I can reasonably play them without sounding like shit or making my ears bleed.

And now I’m here

I’m new here. But I was pretty active on HC and UG for a good 7-10 years from 2000-2010

Life kinda caught up and I wasn’t able to play as much as I’d like. Eventually downsized to an apartment for personal reasons.

That brought on my axe fx stint thats been continuing for years now

However, with the invention of the Fryette power station, I’ve now gotten back into tube amps, now that I can reasonably play them without sounding like shit or making my ears bleed.

And now I’m here
Welcome dude. Quite a few Fryette PS users here :yes:

What was your user name at UG?

Hi! I'm new here. I wanted to join this group because of the incredible knowledge that all of you have to offer. I really enjoy discussing gear and tone just in general. I can be a total Tone Freak sometimes but I guess we all are!

I see a lot of new faces here. Just wondering why?

Dudes with 10 - 200 posts that I just don't recognize. Curious if you dudes are posting more on R-T because TGP is lame? Is it because you feel like you can express yourself better here without backlash? Is it because you dudes are just trying to get to 50 posts so you can B/S/T? Are you dudes just getting back into guitar again after a break?

Just curious.

I mean if you are, then welcome to R-T. :yes: Post up. Tell us your story. Most of us regulars really like this place and we pretty much all get along real well, even when we disagree. We have very little spam/trolling as well. We have kick ass Mods too - which helps. Carry on.
What is B/S/T ? Should I get some just in case?

Hey all, I just joined... always learning and experimenting - yet to blow anything up... went through a huge amp/digital/amp/digital..... stage... now back to tube amps and set with that. Of course VST's have their place to quickly lay some riffs etc down!

Anyways, howdy, thanks for having me. Cheers.

I see a lot of new faces here. Just wondering why?

Dudes with 10 - 200 posts that I just don't recognize. Curious if you dudes are posting more on R-T because TGP is lame? Is it because you feel like you can express yourself better here without backlash? Is it because you dudes are just trying to get to 50 posts so you can B/S/T? Are you dudes just getting back into guitar again after a break?

Just curious.

I mean if you are, then welcome to R-T. :yes: Post up. Tell us your story. Most of us regulars really like this place and we pretty much all get along real well, even when we disagree. We have very little spam/trolling as well. We have kick ass Mods too - which helps. Carry on.
I play through a Splawn Quickrod too! 2005 version (y)

Back