I see a lot of new faces here

I play through a Splawn Quickrod too! 2005 version (y)
Honestly I wasn’t cool enough to post here 6 months ago , I think a lot of dudes are crossing over the coolnuff threshold now that world war 3s begun.
Gotta know your histeries

new new here. I’ve been playing primarily electric bass guitar for 25 years. I only recently became enamored with the old radio circuits that have evolved into beautiful theory and iron that makes things very loud. I just built a 1992 with a few mods and I’m moving on to another build. I’m certainly loving this iteration on bass and guitar, so I’m moving towards the gravitational force that is high gain. Thanks guys!

new new here. I’ve been playing primarily electric bass guitar for 25 years. I only recently became enamored with the old radio circuits that have evolved into beautiful theory and iron that makes things very loud. I just built a 1992 with a few mods and I’m moving on to another build. I’m certainly loving this iteration on bass and guitar, so I’m moving towards the gravitational force that is high gain. Thanks guys!
Blessings Donnie. Good to see you back bro!

I see a lot of new faces here. Just wondering why?

Dudes with 10 - 200 posts that I just don't recognize. Curious if you dudes are posting more on R-T because TGP is lame? Is it because you feel like you can express yourself better here without backlash? Is it because you dudes are just trying to get to 50 posts so you can B/S/T? Are you dudes just getting back into guitar again after a break?

Just curious.

I mean if you are, then welcome to R-T. :yes: Post up. Tell us your story. Most of us regulars really like this place and we pretty much all get along real well, even when we disagree. We have very little spam/trolling as well. We have kick ass Mods too - which helps. Carry on.
I'm the type of dude that never like forums, internet cyber stuff,=, etc... but I really want to get sometimes the good deals from guys selling good stuff around here, I'm a big time collector of guitars and amps, serious guy to deal with and honest, like I said I'm here for the deals, that I dont see anymore in ebay or reverb and some good information that sometimes is useful, been playing for 35 years tube amps and good guitars, good pickups, so I need to get to 50 post in order to start asking the sellers and start making good deals.

I'm the type of dude that never like forums, internet cyber stuff,=, etc... but I really want to get sometimes the good deals from guys selling good stuff around here, I'm a big time collector of guitars and amps, serious guy to deal with and honest, like I said I'm here for the deals, that I dont see anymore in ebay or reverb and some good information that sometimes is useful, been playing for 35 years tube amps and good guitars, good pickups, so I need to get to 50 post in order to start asking the sellers and start making good deals.
Well. Thanks for being honest. We do not tolerate liars and thieves very well. Join in on some conversations and you'll be there in no time. Good group of dudes here. I came to learn myself as I'm a bit of noob when it comes to guitar. Enjoy your time here and what is your favorite amp you've ever played?

Well. Thanks for being honest. We do not tolerate liars and thieves very well. Join in on some conversations and you'll be there in no time. Good group of dudes here. I came to learn myself as I'm a bit of noob when it comes to guitar. Enjoy your time here and what is your favorite amp you've ever played
Thanks, Like I said im not a youngster anymore, so I don't joke around I like to make good deals to make my collection better, I been enjoying a few threads about new amps, type of mods etc... and I like EMG 81 in the bridge and SA single coil the vast majority of my guitar are humbucker-single configuration with floyd rose, and this because I grew up listening to the late 80s thrash/ shred metal era, lots of shrapnel records, and lots of thrash that used EMG's, and the best amp that I like to play was a JCM 800 2210 with a Boss SD in front, but I regret selling it because it was so freaking loud, I could not even practice at home, that thing was a beast at even 3 on volume, now I have a ENGL artist Edition 50w that is gret , good nice cleans for those interludes or intros from testament, metallica, sepultura, pantera, slayer, exodus, death angel, destruction, rage, etc...and then the high gain channel is great ith no pedals need it, is just nice and good for leads also, is not that heavy and puts good tone at any volume, I can practice at home without bothering any one in the house. my second favorite would a surreal amplification 100w modern classic, good clean with a great high gain grind in your face distortion no pedals need it also, has a lot of gain and controls that can make it heavier, thicker and nastier.

Good stuff. Have not heard the Surreal name in awhile. We have a lot in common though. I've heard good things about the Artist Edition but never have seen one let alone play one. I was nervous about buying a used Marshall and was leaning toward heavier stuff anyway so I bought a Splawn Quick Rod locally. Dude was just a mile or so away. Literally just bought a used SD-1. I don't personally care for active pickups or FR bridges but to each to their own right? Have fun!

Good stuff. Have not heard the Surreal name in awhile. We have a lot in common though. I've heard good things about the Artist Edition but never have seen one let alone play one. I was nervous about buying a used Marshall and was leaning toward heavier stuff anyway so I bought a Splawn Quick Rod locally. Dude was just a mile or so away. Literally just bought a used SD-1. I don't personally care for active pickups or FR bridges but to each to their own right? Have fun!
I have a few rare amps and good ones but my favorites is the surreal and engl, I have for exmaple 1980 JMP modded morin amp also a diamond modded fortin that sounds great, have a CAE3+ preamp the purple edition suppose to be very early, I really dont know have it for 20 years, and few other amps.

Just got banned from that other place for something so small that I think it's personal.

Anyway, I'm here to crack some jokes and have some laughs. Been playing guitar over 50 years, still in a band playing out. Probably never learn how to play jazz by now and it doesn't bother me anymore.

Self-taught pentatonic wanker.

Just got banned from that other place for something so small that I think it's personal.

Anyway, I'm here to crack some jokes and have some laughs. Been playing guitar over 50 years, still in a band playing out. Probably never learn how to play jazz by now and it doesn't bother me anymore.

I think any banning of a long time member there is personal.
If any of the admins there had a sack between them they would just talk to the members like grown ups before banning them on a whim

I see a lot of new faces here. Just wondering why?

Dudes with 10 - 200 posts that I just don't recognize. Curious if you dudes are posting more on R-T because TGP is lame? Is it because you feel like you can express yourself better here without backlash? Is it because you dudes are just trying to get to 50 posts so you can B/S/T? Are you dudes just getting back into guitar again after a break?

Just curious.

I mean if you are, then welcome to R-T. :yes: Post up. Tell us your story. Most of us regulars really like this place and we pretty much all get along real well, even when we disagree. We have very little spam/trolling as well. We have kick ass Mods too - which helps. Carry on.
Been on TGP, looking for some variety, heavy bluz focus over there and it's always the same old gear in the classifieds. Getting more into Marshalls and aggessively voiced amps so figured I'd dig myself in over here.

To the point about good moderating, last time I tried to get the lay of the land here a couple of years ago, I got heckled like crazy. Now looking back at that thread every one of those accounts has been banned

To the point about good moderating, last time I tried to get the lay of the land here a couple of years ago, I got heckled like crazy. Now looking back at that thread every one of those accounts has been banned
Interesting. If I one didn't know any better one might assume the mods are doing their jobs.

I probably already welcomed you 3 years ago, but FWIMBW, welcome again mate. :cheers:

:LOL:

Welcome to the forum gigs. :cheers:

Back