Is Mark modding Marshalls?

That is how all amps are copied ..... TGP & plenty of other places is full of people that have done that to Dumble's & various other amps.

Besides I am sure you people know you can duplicate a amp several times & everyone of them is going to be different. No two amps really sound the same...

LP Freak":gklmzikp said:
It's funny how none of this stuff is magic but Mark's amps have to be dissected on order to figure out how he does it. :LOL: :LOL:

It is also funny that no one can quite capture Cameron sound no matter how much dissecting they do. :D

guitarmike":5ubnwg2m said:
LP Freak":5ubnwg2m said:
It's funny how none of this stuff is magic but Mark's amps have to be dissected on order to figure out how he does it. :LOL: :LOL:

It is also funny that no one can quite capture Cameron sound no matter how much dissecting they do. :D
Mark told me some of the really good amps he did he was painting a picture while tweaking. I can't draw or paint for shit. :no: Guys an Artist. Lots of Artists in the world and a good many of them have societal issues. So smart you can't cope right. Thats what an artist is.

glip22":rub2plso said:
guitarmike":rub2plso said:
LP Freak":rub2plso said:

Mark told me some of the really good amps he did he was painting a picture while tweaking. I can't draw or paint for shit. :no: Guys an Artist. Lots of Artists in the world and a good many of them have societal issues. So smart you can't cope right. Thats what an artist is.

I manage IT people and I have had some so intelligent their IQ had to be in the genius range yet they needed velcro shoes because they would otherwise forget to tie them and trip.

guitarmike":2lii3odo said:
glip22":2lii3odo said:
guitarmike":2lii3odo said:
LP Freak":2lii3odo said:

I manage IT people and I have had some so intelligent their IQ had to be in the genius range yet they needed velcro shoes because they would otherwise forget to tie them and trip.
:LOL: :LOL: :thumbsup:

I'm new here-recently registered but have used some of the reviews here to guide me with some higher end gear purchases over the last 3-4 years. All I can say is this-I've only owned 1 of his mods and played through another and there is NOTHING that I have played before or since that has sounded quite like a Cameron modded Marshall. Period. I have had a Fortin, Friedman, Voodoo, Lee Jackson, Soldano, MANY stock JCMs/JMPs Master/non-master. All great amps and the other modders are GREAT to deal with and very helpful. But those amps, as great as they were, just didn't have that special "thing" that a Cameron modded Marshall seems to have.

Back