Is Mark modding Marshalls?

FondledDuck":129od1ze said:
steve_k":129od1ze said:
FondledDuck":129od1ze said:
rlord1974":129od1ze said:
No, I still don't see differing points of view. EVERYBODY has consistently said to steer clear of having Mark do a "new" mod for you. Various reasons were cited, but the punchline is the same:

DON'T DO IT.

And, now you're not. So you listened! :thumbsup:

Yes, I listened...now I need to find one here or on Ebay. I found a few on Ebay, but not what I am after...plus they were listed for $2500...is that the going rate?

I am considering selling mine (I have a previously Cameron modded 78 Marshall Super Lead)...maybe I can sell it for the funds, or perhaps someone might be interested in a trade? I can't post to the classifieds yet, so I am stuck until I hit 50 posts.

There's ways to speed up the 50 post rule. Go into the main forum and post a "How to get an EVH Tone" or "Kirk Hammett is God" thread. You should be there in about 15-20 minutes with replies.

:LOL: :LOL: Starting a "Kirk Hammett is God" thread would get me pretty beat up...
Nah... but you might get cock-smacked and wind up w/a digi mushroom bruise on your forehead. :LOL: :LOL:

FondledDuck":3f1ggjsp said:
steve_k":3f1ggjsp said:
FondledDuck":3f1ggjsp said:
rlord1974":3f1ggjsp said:
No, I still don't see differing points of view. EVERYBODY has consistently said to steer clear of having Mark do a "new" mod for you. Various reasons were cited, but the punchline is the same:

DON'T DO IT.

Yes, I listened...now I need to find one here or on Ebay. I found a few on Ebay, but not what I am after...plus they were listed for $2500...is that the going rate?

I am considering selling mine (I have a previously Cameron modded 78 Marshall Super Lead)...maybe I can sell it for the funds, or perhaps someone might be interested in a trade? I can't post to the classifieds yet, so I am stuck until I hit 50 posts.

There's ways to speed up the 50 post rule. Go into the main forum and post a "How to get an EVH Tone" or "Kirk Hammett is God" thread. You should be there in about 15-20 minutes with replies.

:LOL: :LOL: Starting a "Kirk Hammett is God" thread would get me pretty beat up...

One reply away from us seeing what you got to work with.....

I have an ungodly good, one off, CCV I'll sell you (for an obscene amount of money, of course) :D

The good news is, you'll actually get your amp :LOL: :LOL:

jcj":1p6hbs6k said:
I have an ungodly good, one off, CCV I'll sell you (for an obscene amount of money, of course) :D

The originals may be on the Dumble path....

steve_k":102vot7x said:
jcj":102vot7x said:

I doubt it.

steve_k":1j1ttsji said:
LP Freak":1j1ttsji said:
steve_k":1j1ttsji said:
jcj":1j1ttsji said:

I doubt it.

Why? Because you didn't like it?
That's not it at all. I never said I didn't like it. I just don't see it happening.....outside of RT that is.

LP Freak":3gqce1mk said:
steve_k":3gqce1mk said:
LP Freak":3gqce1mk said:
steve_k":3gqce1mk said:
jcj":3gqce1mk said:

I doubt it.

Why? Because you didn't like it?
That's not it at all. I never said I didn't like it. I just don't see it happening.....outside of RT that is.

I know. Just yanking..... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

But, it has all the makings -

1) Rare
2) Untouchable and aloof designer/builder
3) Unique 2 channel circuit
4) Yet to be reproduced in its original form in terms of tone/quality

Ampaddict":2zy1qknd said:
jcj":2zy1qknd said:

Pics! :rock:

Of course, I'm too stupid to know how to switch the orientation of the pic :LOL: :LOL:

steve_k":1drxtgfl said:
FondledDuck":1drxtgfl said:
steve_k":1drxtgfl said:
FondledDuck":1drxtgfl said:
rlord1974":1drxtgfl said:

DON'T DO IT.

One reply away from us seeing what you got to work with.....

Here she is...viewtopic.php?f=6&t=126051

steve_k":3fxdarbi said:
Did the OP get his question answered? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Short answer - yes.

Longer answer and advice - grab an older used one here on RT. Chances are, someone here knows the history of the amp. IMO, his early Aldrich Mods are still the best hot-rodded, non-clip circuit, modded Marshall's around. Find one from the mid-2000's, still gooped and you will have a winner. Some amps are clearly better than others. Much of it has to do with the components that went into it that were available to him. Those same components aren't available today, and the amps will be different. Like anything else, you have to roll a few to find a "good one".

Steve

So I have a 2 channel Aldrich from 2005 with the goop in a 100W Plexi. The 2nd channel is a clean w / an available boost by pulling the gain to get it somewhat dirty (think original Bad Company). So is this one of the "Grail Amps"? It does sound ridiculously good - everyone who plays it wants it. Just curious - I used to follow this stuff like a madman, but way too busy these days.

jaybird":x9rsjy5o said:
steve_k":x9rsjy5o said:
Did the OP get his question answered? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Short answer - yes.

Longer answer and advice - grab an older used one here on RT. Chances are, someone here knows the history of the amp. IMO, his early Aldrich Mods are still the best hot-rodded, non-clip circuit, modded Marshall's around. Find one from the mid-2000's, still gooped and you will have a winner. Some amps are clearly better than others. Much of it has to do with the components that went into it that were available to him. Those same components aren't available today, and the amps will be different. Like anything else, you have to roll a few to find a "good one".

Steve

So I have a 2 channel Aldrich from 2005 with the goop in a 100W Plexi. The 2nd channel is a clean w / an available boost by pulling the gain to get it somewhat dirty (think original Bad Company). So is this one of the "Grail Amps"? It does sound ridiculously good - everyone who plays it wants it. Just curious - I used to follow this stuff like a madman, but way too busy these days.
No it's not. I'll give you $500. ;)

LP Freak":34e01cih said:
jaybird":34e01cih said:
No it's not. I'll give you $500. ;)
I'll give ya $400. Better sell quickly. They're dropping in price. :LOL: :LOL:

Back