Is Rig Talk the Most-entertaining Gear Forum on the 'Net?

Is Rig Talk the Most-entertaining Gear Forum on the 'Net?

• Maybe

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • No

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • Never thought about it

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 31 46.3%

• Total voters
Well-said IMHO, S'Dude. :thumbsup:

Lester, thank you for looking out for me, mate. I really appreciate the sentiment, man. :cheers2:

Being a libertarian 'though, nothing Indy said bothered or offended me, and I thanked him accordingly for sharing his POV. I relish and cherish everyone's differences 'cause without them everything would be dull-and-flat and life would be no fun, much less educational. :yes:

So yeah, I created a poll (my first on any forum, ever - fun!) fully expecting a distribution across all options. My curiosity was as to how the spread might look.

it's a fuckin guitar forum for god's sake. it's not serious. after almost dying (a few times) recently-it has put shit into perspective for me. Don't like it? Move along. I used to live on this forum. Now I check in every once in awhile. Spend time with your families or go for a walk. Why waste your time here. And if anybody wants my position as a moderator you can have it. Inconsistent moderation on a subsection clearly marked O.T.? Gimme a break.

It is pretty fucking funny when reading it back.
Me and jackboot. Good buds. But he is always the woman on Friday nite dates.
Sometimes I make him wear a blonde wig.
When he wears them Fuck me pumps. I can barely sit still

IndyWS6":1efz7kpz said:
No, unless your idea of entertainment is drama and pissing contests...

I wasn't an original, but I've been here for quite a while. In the past there were a lot of good people with good advice and camaraderie. Sure, there were "favorites" and nut-huggers and the semi-annual Cameron shit-fest, but that stuff mostly took a backseat. The peripheral crap started to ramp up when the previous owner/moderator checked out for a state-sponsored vacation. It wasn't long before inconsistent moderation - or a complete lack of it - helped start the downward spiral. Sadly, verbal assaults, homophobic rants and illiterate, drunk postings weren't rare anymore. Add to that the fact that the clearly-written rules against politics and religion, which spawned the majority of the arguments (and literally have zero value on a guitar forum), were completely ignored and, ultimately, allowed. Presumably, because that's easier than moderating them. There's plenty of places that encourage that behavior and those topics - why we allow them here when it clearly makes what used to be a respected gear forum a laughing stock, makes zero since to me.

As it stands, there is decent activity in the "Classifieds" sub-forum, very few valuable discussions in the gear forums and a ton of worthless crap in the "Off Topic" area. And, yes, I know "If you don't like it, don't read it". So, I don't. The point is, if the posted restrictions were actually enforced, and attacks weren't allowed, people wouldn't bail out for other forums and the "Off Topic" topics might actually be entertaining like they used to be (hot peppers, salsa, cars, electronics, guns, etc.).

So, no. Definitely not the most entertaining of places at this point. YMMV...
^ THIS

They were talking about this on the radio this morning. It’s not just here.
All the tension in the world lot of arguing and fighting going on pretty much every website.

When I joined. There was no Facebook.
Lot the old heavy hitters moved over there to private chat groups. Steve K sent me many invites. But I wasn’t into the Facebook thing. That to me is lots of guys left. You can only talk about a 12ax7 so many times. :LOL: :LOL:
Ive gotten tons and tons of info here. I used to post jamming videos Damn near every weekend.
I just kinda got burnt out of the music scene.
Still have tons of good gear. But the passion and drive to play has went down hill.
Nothing to do with the forum or members. It just seemed to keep going round and round.
Still learning bout new gear and products. So I’m happy here. :thumbsup:

And I have made many personal friends thru here. Guys I still call and text almost daily.

RigTalk is ok. There's some good guys here. There's also quite a few rednecks posting drunk at 2am. Carry on.

candletears7":lcr06umv said:
RigTalk is ok. There's some good guys here. There's also quite a few rednecks posting drunk at 2am. Carry on.
I think you are confusing us with that chimp dude from down under :D

jk mm

TGP - you post word like boobs = you get banned
Canadian guitar Forum - you post boobs = you don't get banned
Guitariste.com (french forum) - you post boobs = you get thumb's up
Rig talk - post boobs? = i don't know, I guess I'll have to try :D

barbie.jpg

Back