Is Rig Talk the Most-entertaining Gear Forum on the 'Net?

Is Rig Talk the Most-entertaining Gear Forum on the 'Net?

• Maybe

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • No

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • Never thought about it

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 31 46.3%

• Total voters
Monkey Man":3jd65vl0 said:
It is for me... by a country mile. :rock:
Curious what you guys think. :confused:

I've mercifully provided for flip-floppers - you can change your vote if you change your mind. :thumbsup:
Hombre Mono :D

I'm betting the farm that furthest from your mind back on that sunny day in May, would be Donald Trump having to justify to America that he is the President up to and including his last day in his elected office. As such, the man will do what's right until further notice. The TDS shit will never die.

I could have predicted it, man, 'cause no stone has been left unturned in an effort to boot him out.

The swamp always has and will continue to try to strike back.

Monkey Man":1qymq63v said:
I could have predicted it, man, 'cause no stone has been left unturned in an effort to boot him out.

The swamp always has and will continue to try to strike back.
Agreed.

BTW Nicky. Do you think the "immoveable objects" reading the words on the rolling screen in front of their face over at Fox News are wearing only a shirt to save on World War II Chinese laundry cleaning? :no: :D

Bumping the thread to see if the poll changes much now that we've hit 10,000 posts in OT.

It's obviously been really-entertaining for many, including myself. Never fails to deliver a laugh or two. :cheers:

Monkey Man":3krp0t9k said:
Bumping the thread to see if the poll changes much now that we've hit 10,000 posts in OT.

It's obviously been really-entertaining for many, including myself. Never fails to deliver a laugh or two. :cheers:
For a very short time yes, but not in the long term.

The site is filled with hypocrites whereby they aggressively complain about others for the very thing they do themselves.

Entertaining? No, it's forever challenging & destructive to common sense, honesty, integrity & the consistency of one's values.

Most on here are lazy gravy train riders. They say "the most dangerous thing on earth is a congregation of people" I'm afraid this site continues to support this statement.

I love this place :)
one of the few forums around where people can speak their mind (whether you agree with them or not) and not get instantly banned.
lots of good knowledge here too, I never would've known about Splawns or Scumback speaker if it weren't for some of the people here.
I've also had quite a few good transactions buying and selling through the classifieds here.
I think the off topic political sections are hilarious

Last edited:
Love that you love it bro'! :rock:

I actually started this thread more than a year before I became a mod. I had one going quite some time before that but it disappeared, I think, when the board's software was upgraded (circa 2019?).

Point being, I've loved the forum since the day I joined. :yes:

I came for the classifieds and have met in person some long term friends from here. Gear fests, gear sales in person, and general good people. I play guitar and like to snag super cool super rare guitar gear because it’s fun for me to play and maintain them.

On the opposite side I’ve also seen some of the most vile posts and threats in OT of any place. It should be moderated more heavily than it is for a guitar forum. There’s also been convicted felons/stalkers and general evil people here that do shit they’re not supposed to do. Some have gotten banned but others have not. The ignore feature exists for a reason but it shouldn’t be a crutch for moderation.

In general I like to talk to others about gear who enjoy the same things in life that I do. However I have a zero tolerance for the BS and distance myself from it as much as possible for many reasons.

Back