Is Rig Talk the Most-entertaining Gear Forum on the 'Net?

Is Rig Talk the Most-entertaining Gear Forum on the 'Net?

• Maybe

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • No

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • Never thought about it

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 31 46.3%

• Total voters
The ignore feature exists for a reason but it shouldn’t be a crutch for moderation.
Never has been bro'. It's other members, not the mods, who often suggest using the ignore feature when peeps complain publicly.

The story and our advice has always been the same:
1) Don't read or participate in OTC threads you don't like.
2) If you can't handle them, request that pics or upsetting posts aimed at you be removed by the mods; we've never refused such requests. Not even once.

That would be misogynistic slurs.

I know he's banned, but I don't care it has to be responded to with maximum mockery

This is literally why Rig Talk is the best gear forum, as evidenced by the poll

Because the mods aren't lame ass pussies that have a heavy flow day, every time someone says something remotely politically incorrect.

Since you, strandberg junkie, seemed to be having a heavy flow day on June 5th

( i'm guessing because someone didn't use your proper pronouns)

It makes sense you got the hammer

No shit? :LOL:
That's funny man.
What kind of phone do you have?
Does it not have built in spell checker?
That is what was always so perplexing :D
Then again, I never browse R-T on my phone.
There was an update that must have turned on a shityy spellchecker. And my case was wacked. Also was typing fast between real life and didn’t check . All 3 made it suck . It’s an iPhone 13 I think . I just spellchecker of but it’s still doing something now and I don’t know why lol

There was an update that must have turned on a shityy spellchecker. And my case was wacked. Also was typing fast between real life and didn’t check . All 3 made it suck . It’s an iPhone 13 I think . I just spellchecker of but it’s still doing something now and I don’t know why lol
I think maybe it's just you man - with the typing fast between real life thing :LOL:

I'm starting to use Speech to Text more period . There is one thing I don't like about it period . You have to say 'period' every time you want to end a sentence explanation point

I think maybe it's just you man - with the typing fast between real life thing :LOL:

I'm starting to use Speech to Text more period . There is one thing I don't like about it period . You have to say 'period' every time you want to end a sentence explanation point
I never have tried it

Tell me Brother 3, what happens then if you want to use the word in a sentence?

No, unless your idea of entertainment is drama and pissing contests...

I wasn't an original, but I've been here for quite a while. In the past there were a lot of good people with good advice and camaraderie. Sure, there were "favorites" and nut-huggers and the semi-annual Cameron shit-fest, but that stuff mostly took a backseat. The peripheral crap started to ramp up when the previous owner/moderator checked out for a state-sponsored vacation. It wasn't long before inconsistent moderation - or a complete lack of it - helped start the downward spiral. Sadly, verbal assaults, homophobic rants and illiterate, drunk postings weren't rare anymore. Add to that the fact that the clearly-written rules against politics and religion, which spawned the majority of the arguments (and literally have zero value on a guitar forum), were completely ignored and, ultimately, allowed. Presumably, because that's easier than moderating them. There's plenty of places that encourage that behavior and those topics - why we allow them here when it clearly makes what used to be a respected gear forum a laughing stock, makes zero since to me.

As it stands, there is decent activity in the "Classifieds" sub-forum, very few valuable discussions in the gear forums and a ton of worthless crap in the "Off Topic" area. And, yes, I know "If you don't like it, don't read it". So, I don't. The point is, if the posted restrictions were actually enforced, and attacks weren't allowed, people wouldn't bail out for other forums and the "Off Topic" topics might actually be entertaining like they used to be (hot peppers, salsa, cars, electronics, guns, etc.).

So, no. Definitely not the most entertaining of places at this point. YMMV...
This guy knows homemade hot-sauce, lemme tell ya!!

Merry Xmas, Indy & Fam!! 😎

Back