Metallica last night :

I just picture you listening to metal all the time & yelling slayer everytime you listen to them while jerking off to pics of Kerry King in his leather. i also picture you working out, head phones on and yelling slayer while pumping iron scaring every one at the Gym.
As beavis and butthead once said…”the only thing cooler than guys who get chicks are guys who scare chicks…”

Metallica and Elton John have mutual respect for one another as musicians. Not long ago, Elton John called Nothing Else Matters one of the best songs ever written.

Dream Theater had a good cover of Funeral for a Friend / Love Lies Bleeding on the Change of Seasons album.

This is the part of it all I don't quite get.

I've never read anything about their lifelong love for Eltons work before he decided to gush about how much he loves "Nothing Else Matters"
It sounded very disingenuous and a way to try to stay cool and relevant, kinda like Lou Reed did when he latched onto the Metallica coat tails, and Lady Gaga. I like Eltons work for what it is, but his voice is absolutely shit now and he's at the end of his career. He has seemed to have done a lot of collabs in the last few years with the hip new bands conveniently. Bulk up the retirement account and stay on the charts a bit longer.

I don't get why it meant so much that it made Hetfield cry either. I doubt he'd cry if Lemmy or Tommi made a similar statement. Much more influential and relevant figureheads in their style.
Crocodile (rock) tears.

Just all seems a bit fake and forced.

I've never read anything about their lifelong love for Eltons work before he decided to gush about how much he loves "Nothing Else Matters"
It sounded very disingenuous and a way to try to stay cool and relevant, kinda like Lou Reed did when he latched onto the Metallica coat tails, and Lady Gaga. I like Eltons work for what it is, but his voice is absolutely shit now and he's at the end of his career. He has seemed to have done a lot of collabs in the last few years with the hip new bands conveniently. Bulk up the retirement account and stay on the charts a bit longer.

I don't get why it meant so much that it made Hetfield cry either. I doubt he'd cry if Lemmy or Tommi made a similar statement. Much more influential and relevant figureheads in their style.
Crocodile (rock) tears.

I’m sure Hetfield was moved because it was unexpected to him. But whatever, this thread is in the gutter…

Crocodile (rock) tears.

He was probably just moved. No matter what genre you play yourself, Elton is a legend talent and performer and is someone who’s compliment would mean a lot. I may have thought Saxon and Priest were the shit growing up but so was Elton John.

Yeah true. I just don't quite get it.
Considering his 'EAT SHIT FAG' stickers in the 80's I just couldn't see him spinning his records much. I guess he would also have had to resolve that opinion against his admiration of Halford and Freddie Mercury/Queen at some point.
I like Elton as I said. My fave album of is "Too Low for Zero"

XYZ - Face (thread) in the Gutter! :rawk:

I can practically guarantee this came about because of Lars’s obsession with wanting to be a part of the A list crowd. Elton was just the vehicle needed to get there this time. It would not surprise me in the least to see Metallica taking part in a similar tribute show for Madonna or Beyoncé in the future.

Nice to see you not posting political/gay stuff for once. Agreed, it was a continental cheese board of shite.
FJB

1ede8011891cec81.gif

Back