Newest Cameron HG/LG Jose

steve_k

Mark built this HG/LG Jose mod for me. Just got it a few days ago. Had it made from a 2204 JMP. Foot switchable HG to LG with LG controls on the backside. Push-pulls on the presence for bright, middle for clipping circuit, gain pull to saturate a bit more, Jose master and input gain on the HG side. EQ, master and gain on the back with tube/clipping select. Lots of work underneath and in typical form for Mark - the Hoser is a masterpiece.

Here's a few shots of the Holy-shit Hoser. Still unpacking in the new place and setting up the man cave. When I run up on the Zoom, I will throw some clips out. Waiting for the A/C guy now...

That's a 100 watt Jose on the right and my Aldrich in the middle.

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg

IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

So that is where that Luxxtone Machete ended up. That Aldrich and HG/LG must be great. Is the FS label on the back for switching between Jose modes? Moving is not fun.

Thats a hell of a rig. Congrats :rock: How do these mods compare? The Jose's and the Aldrich's? Which has more gain, thump, etc.?
I know you have had them all. Are you settled on the Camerons? Is Mark really the best?

turtlefingers":23h7vu0d said:
Did you use the Western Union stuff? :D
They charge allot to send money. I sent my ex some dough and it was allot for their fees.

Steve , that's badass! I hAve a 79 2204 I would like to get it modded like that. How did u manage to get it done?

joepete77":2lpzn0ah said:
Steve , that's badass! I hAve a 79 2204 I would like to get it modded like that. How did u manage to get it done?

Took a lot of Double Cheeseburgers & Fries...... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

50MkII":1d4vr6o7 said:
So that is where that Luxxtone Machete ended up. That Aldrich and HG/LG must be great. Is the FS label on the back for switching between Jose modes? Moving is not fun.

Man, these Luxxtone's are just fucking sweet guitars to play. The setup makes them effortless to play and that piece of driftwood the body is made of just resonates for days.

Yes, the FS label is for switching between LG/HG. Just a regular TS jack. Since I haven't unpacked, my Uberschall footswitch was handy. Used it.... :thumbsup:

glip22":3fkv6h9i said:
Thats a hell of a rig. Congrats :rock: How do these mods compare? The Jose's and the Aldrich's? Which has more gain, thump, etc.?
I know you have had them all. Are you settled on the Camerons? Is Mark really the best?

The Jose has a different sort of growl to it. That 100 watt Jose has a 3 way gain select on back and a bass boost. It is chest pounding. Some different tone in the 50 watt though. Gets a really nice AIC type grunt to it. The 2 channel is the way to go though and it will probably get a lot of use. The Aldrich stays more traditional to the Marshall high gain 80's stuff, but bigger. This is one of Mark's first one's and it has the rotary select switch for gain style with some EQ shift and a depth mod on back. The Aldrich is pretty effortless. Plug and play. The Jose takes a bit of setting up.

Steve

steve_k":19kw286s said:
glip22":19kw286s said:

The Jose has a different sort of growl to it. That 100 watt Jose has a 3 way gain select on back and a bass boost. It is chest pounding. Some different tone in the 50 watt though. Gets a really nice AIC type grunt to it. The 2 channel is the way to go though and it will probably get a lot of use. The Aldrich stays more traditional to the Marshall high gain 80's stuff, but bigger. This is one of Mark's first one's and it has the rotary select switch for gain style with some EQ shift and a depth mod on back. The Aldrich is pretty effortless. Plug and play. The Jose takes a bit of setting up.

Steve
Cool. Thanks Steve. Its Quarter Pounders BTW. Fries are good too.

LP Freak":3ia525xz said:
I think you have de-throwned psychodave and are now the #1 Fanboi. Congrats. :rock: :hys:

oh shit.....within the next couple weeks, it is going to look even worse :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

it is what it is though. mark's creative inconsistency never ceases to amaze me. every time i plug into one of his mods, it is instant gratification. he definitely has some mad skills.

steve_k":1sxkf2eq said:
LP Freak":1sxkf2eq said:
I think you have de-throwned psychodave and are now the #1 Fanboi. Congrats. :rock: :hys:

oh shit.....within the next couple weeks, it is going to look even worse :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

it is what it is though. mark's creative inconsistency never ceases to amaze me.
Creative inconsistency. :confused: Sounds like a poisonous spider web.

Back